Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

No...take the cruise. Your time in the ship will be great and you'll forget all about the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But would the op ever be able to check in, book excursions, ..........

Go somewhere else where they bother to get things right at the front end, because if they can't get the window dressing right, what chance the rest?

But would the op ever be able to check in, book excursions, ..........

Go somewhere else where they bother to get things right at the front end, because if they can't get the window dressing right, what chance the rest?

All I can tell you is that on board they get things very, very right. And that's where it counts.

All I can tell you is that on board they get things very, very right. And that's where it counts.

That unfortunately is not what these boards are saying at present. Just off the top of my head, and there is a thread about Celebrity running down, you can't even get a can of soda with a classic drinks package. That's just mean and cutting corners and one wonders what else.

If you cannot get your presentation right ie website, probably by cutting corners, then it backs up what many are saying about cutting corners on ship, just read these threads.

Queen Lisa could care less or it would have been fixed by now. When I was working my department was a test site for a new function. It was led by a senior manager. When a glitch was detected he had 2 words to the IT staff. "Fix it" Lisa would probably say "Ignore it"

If she "could care less", she has some level of interest. I say she couldn't care less, because she apparently has no interest at all. Nada. Niente. Nothing. It is infuriating, as we have two cruises booked and I cannot manage them on the Celebrity site.

Even more annoying is my inability to plan a future cruise. I cannot enter any planning information for cruises we would like to investigate. Coincidentally, yesterday I received an email from a cruise planner at Princess, where we have been Elite for many years, though we have used them less frequently in recent years. I sense we'll be returning to Princess very soon. I've always liked their food better, but we prefer X's ships. Oh, well.

That unfortunately is not what these boards are saying at present. Just off the top of my head, and there is a thread about Celebrity running down, you can't even get a can of soda with a classic drinks package. That's just mean and cutting corners and one wonders what else.

If you cannot get your presentation right ie website, probably by cutting corners, then it backs up what many are saying about cutting corners on ship, just read these threads.

I've never experienced problems getting a can of soda with the classic drinks package. Neither have my friends.

I've never experienced problems getting a can of soda with the classic drinks package. Neither have my friends.

I think it was right around the time of your last cruise that Celebrity confirmed cans were no longer in the classic package. Not sure if ships are enforcing it yet.

Don't know when you had that experience but others have had the problem and it has been established that no cans of soda on a classic package is Celebrity policy.

However, I am pretty relaxed now after getting information about how it is handled from a few friends travelling on different Celebrity ships under the new rule. They still got their Coke out of the can - they were just not handed the can. And they were not allowed to take a can with them (or pay for it).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2483332

and soooo many threads saying that standards have slipped. Perhaps you should find them and answer the issues one by one! This is my last post on this, it is off topic now, but you do seem over defensive of a large company that will not even shell out to get it's web site fixed.

I thought I was going crazy. I get locked out every time I move around the website. I did check in and got my paperwork but it keeps saying can't check in until pending items are completed. Pending items are completed. I have never been on Celebrity usually a RCL or Carnival girl. Hopefully the website is no indication of the whole cruise. It is very frustrating. :(

On line check in might take me the 88 days until my cruise to complete. It keeps telling me that it is locked for 20 minutes.

Wow........award winning website.

I just tried accessing my cruise which begins in 94 days, and received the same message saying the website is locked for 20 minutes. Very frustrating!

My patience is at an end for the X website. Others on roll call have booked excursions and we are still unable to do so. We booked this cruise last January and in February I called CC to report that my reservation was not found on the website. I was told they were "aware of the problem" for certain people but would not fix an individual's problem. Fast forward to August and I still have no reservation. It shows when I try online checkin but when I try to book excursions from that direction, it does not offer the ones on the cruise we've booked.

I will book no more X cruises until this gets fixed and am looking at private excursions as I can't be sure slots will be available onboard if I give up trying to book excursions. I cannot even browse them except as a random thing.

Does management not realize this is costing the corporationn $$$?

How is the world do you book excursion, specialty restaurants on the stupid new site??? When I log on, they say I have no trips book even thought I am going in October fully paid..What is up with this? Help?

You have to add your trip to your account. There is a place to enter your reservation ID--once you do that, you can book things.

We finally got our last excursion booked online. It was a bit of a struggle..just kept hunting on the website/ cruise planner and stumbled across it. We printed everything out in case it disappears...and have decided to book dining when we board...too much trouble unless website is fixed.

There is a shoreside Excursion Dept ( or was?) Try Captains club and asked to be connected, they should be able to e mail you the list for your sailing and then help you book.,.,there is also an e mail address for that dept if you can find it on the main Celebrity website. Or maybe Cap Club can help directly. Or if you have a travel agent..maybe they can assist.

Good luck....cruise planning used to be fun and exciting...now it is a frustrating chore, Sad!

I'm convinced Celebrity and Royal use the same person to create and maintain their websites, both are a disaster. Very clunky and the filter function to search for cruises is just ridiculous. I wish they would test these things out first and have professionals create them in the first place.

That seems to be the problem in the first place, that is the "professional" part.

After 30 years working with computer programs to perform my job I have rarely seen a new roll out of a system change that was not full of bugs from day one.

When my profession switched to computers they started with only one or two locations in each State, for a period of several months, to work out the bugs and see how the programs could be improved before they were implemented nationwide.

Now when there is a change or a totally new system the entire country switches over at the same time and it seems like the dreaded "NO-HELP" desks are awash with problems not just for a day or two but actually for weeks if not months.

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

I was finally able to print my cruise e-docs, thanks to a fellow roll-call member talking me thru it. In it was an IMPORTANT NOTICE In order to provide a better ship check-in experience please take note. The Port of Shanghai Wusonkou will not permit direct road access to the pier terminal prior to 11:15 am, etc. *** we cruise from Vancouver. Gee, I hope our ship is there not Shanghai. Unbelievable!

I was finally able to print my cruise e-docs, thanks to a fellow roll-call member talking me thru it. In it was an IMPORTANT NOTICE In order to provide a better ship check-in experience please take note. The Port of Shanghai Wusonkou will not permit direct road access to the pier terminal prior to 11:15 am, etc. *** we cruise from Vancouver. Gee, I hope our ship is there not Shanghai. Unbelievable!

My first thought was to wonder how this post was on topic. But then I kept reading and found that it was right on-point. Good to know about Shanghai...

I am not a programmer and have to wonder...how do these wires get crossed...so often?

Can't they just hire a company that has installed and maintains a functional website for other cruise lines...? Better than a company that is graphics oriented...but does not " get " cruising.

Over the year this is the WORST one yet,,.,truly insane!

I am finding the site is causing me to look for my blood pressure pills! What's ironic is we were all pleased that X would let you use all the OBC ahead of time on excursions and now the stupid site won't even let you see all the choices to book. :mad:

Guess I'll be sticking to the private companies for my day trips. I don't have the patience to unscramble this mess of a site.

If I were a newbie trying to navigate planning a X cruise, I'd wonder about what I'd be facing once on board. Isn't the web site supposed to be the easy part?