Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

Thanks for this. I was just emailed the excursion brochure, however I am unable to open it. Don't want to print the whole thing out. Any ideas??

I only use an iPad and can't open it. My travel partner opened it on her laptop as a PDF. O well. I'll just keep waiting for the website to be fixed. Glad I'm not sailing till 9/7

We decided to go into the Celebrity Cruise Planner to browse excursions because the main X website is almost useless for that purpose. It' s only slightly better through the Planner but at least they are grouped by port rather than region,

After signing in, and signing in and signing in ( like a maze) we got to the excursions for our cruise..The excursions are grouped by interest which is not necessary ..so one of them can be listed, and listed and listed again..making the actual list of choices annoyingly long. Each time an excursion we already booked was listed, it was checked off as booked even though we really only booked it once,. We only paid once....

.For one port, no descriptions of the excursions were provided so for now we won' t book any.....

And, while browsing if you back out too far you will have to wait 20 minutes to get back in,,.

Has anyone who works at Celebrity or its tech people ever used the website or booked an excursion for an actual cruise...,.one wonders.?

I needed to cancel a shore excursion (they changed the time and we weren't happy with that) and since I didn't want to deal with the website I called the Captain's Club - even THEY could not figure out how to xl an excursion! She had to get a supervisor and they finally figured it out - there was an extra step that they never had to take before. So even they are having problems, and they work with it every day.

There was also a credit for $11 when I looked at my res on line, so I asked what that was for...they could not see it.

The last two days have been frustrating with the website! I was able to get a specialty restaurant booked, after getting locked out for the 20 minute wait-several times:-( I couldn't even get into my Cruise Planner today to look at excursions. Looks like I will have to get on the phone too!

I was finally able to log into my 8/23 reservation today. I guess you can't do that until you have paid in full and it is 90 days out. It was not easy. I started the check-in process, but we shall see what happens tomorrow. One thing - how do you find pre-cruise hotel packages for a cruise ext year, or is that not possible? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know Celebrity prides itself in being better than Princess! However when it comes to websites they could learn a lot from the Princess website- all info is at your fingertips in just the spot you would expect it to be.

As far as websites are concerned Princess is number 1.

Their new website is worse than the one it replaced.

I know Celebrity prides itself in being better than Princess! However when it comes to websites they could learn a lot from the Princess website- all info is at your fingertips in just the spot you would expect it to be.

As far as websites are concerned Princess is number 1.

Their new website is worse than the one it replaced.

I agree 100% with you!!!!!!

After signing in, and signing in and signing in ( like a maze) we got to the excursions for our cruise..The excursions are grouped by interest which is not necessary ..so one of them can be listed, and listed and listed again..making the actual list of choices annoyingly long.

I suspect you're doing it wrong, or have a problem with your browser (cookie settings, security plugin, etc.) In this 53 second video I show how to reach the excursions, by port, not by interest:

Its actually the default view when you enter that section of the site.

I was finally able to log into my 8/23 reservation today. I guess you can't do that until you have paid in full and it is 90 days out. It was not easy. I started the check-in process, but we shall see what happens tomorrow. One thing - how do you find pre-cruise hotel packages for a cruise ext year, or is that not possible? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I found mention of that on the site, it was called City Stay. No details, though. You had to call X. The first 2 or 3 folks I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about and had to keep passing me to someone else.

I finally received a call back from someone in IT. I pointed out the serious problems with doing a search and expressed how frustrating the process currently is. When I pointed out the fact that certain cruises simply don't show up and how I found them, they acknowledged the problem. I had to show them how to find a cruise on a ship that was doing multiple sailings of the same itinerary on different dates. Previously, these showed up on a drop-down box. The new site takes multiple hard-to find steps. They seemed unaware of this and said they now realize it needs some overhaul! I was told it should be fixed by the end of June. (Previously on another thread about the subject it was the end of May) I also pointed out the log in process on the new site requires 3 steps which are not obvious, to get me to the same information that the old site took me to automatically with just a log in. I also pointed out that a passenger must log in, click account, click reservations, click manage reservation, then click calendar, then click full calendar to see arrival and departure times in port in order to have the necessary information to book excursions (especially if the passenger is doing an excursion on their own). We'll see what happens.

I suspect you're doing it wrong, or have a problem with your browser (cookie settings, security plugin, etc.) In this 53 second video I show how to reach the excursions, by port, not by interest:

Its actually the default view when you enter that section of the site.

Thanks anyhow for tryng to assist..Clicked on your link.....on my phone. Lots of musc and quick moving pictures.. did not solve my issues.

we gave up and went into out Celeb Planner which.now functions much worse than it ever did..but we did find the excursions for our cruises...just need one more, and then we' ll wait it out til Edge excursions need to be booked...

I finally received a call back from someone in IT. I pointed out the serious problems with doing a search and expressed how frustrating the process currently is. When I pointed out the fact that certain cruises simply don't show up and how I found them, they acknowledged the problem. I had to show them how to find a cruise on a ship that was doing multiple sailings of the same itinerary on different dates. Previously, these showed up on a drop-down box. The new site takes multiple hard-to find steps. They seemed unaware of this and said they now realize it needs some overhaul! I was told it should be fixed by the end of June. (Previously on another thread about the subject it was the end of May) I also pointed out the log in process on the new site requires 3 steps which are not obvious, to get me to the same information that the old site took me to automatically with just a log in. I also pointed out that a passenger must log in, click account, click reservations, click manage reservation, then click calendar, then click full calendar to see arrival and departure times in port in order to have the necessary information to book excursions (especially if the passenger is doing an excursion on their own). We'll see what happens.

Thanks for your efforts.. How sad that the IT people are so unaware of the issues. Maybe Celebrity Official should scan this site and make them a list

One would "assume" that before the new site was released, it was tested by actual users. Clearly it wasn't. Hopefully Celebrity will make corrections and have real cruise clients participate in the testing. Maybe similar to a focus group.

Someone here in this board posted that they were invited to try the site out several weeks (months?) ago. The feedback they requested was on the "look and feel" of the site, if I recall, and didn't ask about functional issues (that were raised anyway). That may have been just the design team at the vendor who is doing the website, and not the Accenture people who are doing the backend database, booking engine, etc. (at least if that's what they are handling).

Accenture is the company that fixed the problems with the US government's health care exchanges portal.

Thanks anyhow for tryng to assist..Clicked on your link.....on my phone. Lots of musc and quick moving pictures.. did not solve my issues.

Really? It's a 53 second YouTube video. Video is composed of moving pictures. Are you trying to access the site from mobile? I haven't tried that and perhaps that's why my experience has been acceptable while many have reported problems.

I only use an iPad and can't open it. My travel partner opened it on her laptop as a PDF. O well. I'll just keep waiting for the website to be fixed. Glad I'm not sailing till 9/7

Yes I used a PDF viewer and also downloaded the PDF on a Windows 10 computer. The hyperlinks in the document do not work so you have to scroll through the whole thing!

Really? It's a 53 second YouTube video. Video is composed of moving pictures. Are you trying to access the site from mobile? I haven't tried that and perhaps that's why my experience has been acceptable while many have reported problems.

Used a samsung phone and then a samsung android tablet... Believe me, .a 53 second video is not going to fix this issue..and so many more being discovered with the website...

Going through our on linecruise planner was ok. We only have 3 booked X cruises..Luckily, we now have excursions booked for 2 of them and the other is a ways off on a ship not yet built...

.Not planning to book more with Celebrity unless X improves all around!

Used a samsung phone and then a samsung android tablet... Believe me, .a 53 second video is not going to fix this issue..and so many more being discovered with the website...

Well, I was attempting to show people how to solve a single issue, the reported "missing" listing of excursions by port. They are not missing, and are listed.

But I get it. This is a complaint thread and not a solution thread.

They should post a prominent "Report website problems HERE" link right on the first page of their website.

That way they could have users identifying and reporting problems as we encounter them, all together in one place.

We mistakenly thought that any new website was bound to be an improvement over the old Celebrity website,

but were we ever wrong! clear.png?emoji-eek-1725

Well, I was attempting to show people how to solve a single issue, the reported "missing" listing of excursions by port. They are not missing, and are listed.

But I get it. This is a complaint thread and not a solution thread.

Actually, I appreciated your video, and viewed it. However, when I went further and tried to go back after viewing an excursion it took me back to all port excursions instead of my cruise specific excursions.

I did talk with IT and they are monitoring the threads about problems with the site and testing the complaints to check which ones are valid and working to improve the issues identified. So if there are problems that are identified by cruise critic members that are described clearly and specifically it could be helpful to getting them corrected.

I believe gg88 is in Canada and it could be that because of the IP address from their ISP the website is automatically redirecting to the UK website. it may not be as asimple as clearing their cookies. It all will depend on whom the telcom provider is and how the IP addresses are routed/recognized to/by the Celebrity website

I live in Australia i have the same problem being directed to the UK website any help appreciated thank you Aussie

I live in Australia i have the same problem being directed to the UK website any help appreciated thank you Aussie

Try this. I don't know if it will work in Australia, but maybe. Clear your cookies and cache. Then try this link on IE. http://www.celebritycruises.com/?celebrityWR=oldsite I did this in the US. I'm using windows 10 and IE.

Did anyone get an update from X when this crap will get fixed???

I spoke with an IT person on Friday and they are hoping by the end of June. They were aware that rolling out the site the way they did was a huge mistake. Originally I read on here by the end of May, so at least they are aware that what needs to be fixed will take a while!

I just logged onto My Reservation to book a shore excursion for a Caribbean cruise we are taking this fall. I was going to use some OBC to pay for it. When I got to the payment page, I spent several very frustrating minutes with the page not processing the "apply credit" button. Finally, I realized not only do you have to hit a little toggle box to signal that you want to use OBC, but you then have to use a slider to show how much of the OBC you want to use. Okay, fine, there could have been helpful instructions, but I got past THAT page, to the "contact" information page. That page would not accept my phone number. I entered it a zillion times. Nothing.

I finally gave up and called Celebrity so they could book the excursion for me. Because it was a shore excursion, the rep had to READ ME the entire set of Terms and Conditions (which I'd already read on line and said so). That took forever. What a waste of time that I could not handle the booking on line.

I told the rep of my experience trying to book the excursion on their web site. The Celebrity rep said "we're still in the middle of launching our web site." Um, no, Celebrity, don't launch it "in the middle." Launch it when it's ready for prime time. :rolleyes:

I just logged onto My Reservation to book a shore excursion for a Caribbean cruise we are taking this fall. I was going to use some OBC to pay for it. When I got to the payment page, I spent several very frustrating minutes with the page not processing the "apply credit" button. Finally, I realized not only do you have to hit a little toggle box to signal that you want to use OBC, but you then have to use a slider to show how much of the OBC you want to use. Okay, fine, there could have been helpful instructions, but I got past THAT page, to the "contact" information page. That page would not accept my phone number. I entered it a zillion times. Nothing.

I finally gave up and called Celebrity so they could book the excursion for me. Because it was a shore excursion, the rep had to READ ME the entire set of Terms and Conditions (which I'd already read on line and said so). That took forever. What a waste of time that I could not handle the booking on line.

I told the rep of my experience trying to book the excursion on their web site. The Celebrity rep said "we're still in the middle of launching our web site." Um, no, Celebrity, don't launch it "in the middle." Launch it when it's ready for prime time. :rolleyes:

For some reason the new site doesn't like it if you use the numbers at the right side of the keyboard. You have to use the numbers on the top row of your keyboard. I tried entering numbers and it wouldn't take until I used the ones above the alphabet letters. I've given up using the new site and set my browser to not check for new versions of the website, deleted the cookies and cache and use the link to the old site I posted below. I can also still get the old site on Firefox (at least the last time I tried last week).