Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

I saw the press release and they used an outside vendor, Accenture. They are a Fortune 500 company and a major digital services company with 33 billion in annual sales. They paid plenty for the mess they have on their hands.

It is very pretty, and very modern, including the modern UI that features "directed activity" to prevent you from doing more than one thing at a time. I hate the new UI designs and those of us in customer facing positions fight UI designers all the time about these things. The goal is to drive revenue, and NOT drive customers away.

I suspect they are having some very terse conversations right now with Accenture.

I'm guessing they paid for an upgrade for the customer interaction "look and feel" portion of the website and not the back end functionality. They got what they paid for, it just isn't the problem customers wanted solved. "The Celebrity site doesn't work well and I can't find anything" was not stating the UI was not intuitive enough, it meant that when you tried to add things, it always failed. Back end service changes can be intimidating for non-tech firms as they can be long term, very expensive, and the customer doesn't even SEE a change so there's no credit for spending a whole lot of money making things actually work.

Just tried to access the old site, it's down. Hopefully, Celebrity is getting the message that their online presence is an imploding PR disaster and trying to address the problems.
I was just using the old website with Windows XP.

(Apparently they figured it wasn't worth "updating" their website for such an old operating system.)

If you are lucky enough to still have an old XP computer around, it is worth a try.

You can clear cookies for the individual site, and not have to clear all cookies in your browser. This video shows how to do it in Chrome on the PC, but similar techniques are available for Firefox and other browsers.

Here is the raw link if the editor's "YouTube" tag doesn't work (it rarely does):

Very helpful tip - thank you!

It's an awful site; completely not user-friendly!

And this is what you get when you let the kids sit at the big table and let people justify their jobs by fiddling with things that are already working.

I spent over an hour trying to sign in, access my account, and find some cruises that I had saved for consideration. Screw that. There are plenty of other cruises. Why would I now trust Celebrity with a deposit?

Perhaps a little "Celebrity Rehab" is needed for the delusional techie who designed this mess.

I Googled for "Celebrity Cruises sues Accenture" but didn't find any hits. The press release where X hired them for their digital services and web presence comes up, but nothing else.

Accenture has a good reputation, so I'm surprised at all the issues they are having for most people. I can log in, see my reservation, add excursions, etc. so I'm in good shape, but many people can't even sign in on here. If anyone wants to try some troubleshooting to see if it helps, try these steps:

1. Make sure your browser is up to date.

2. Disable all ad blocking plugins, or any plugin that blocks "tracking".

3. Visit the site, and clear your cookies for the site. This shows doing it in Chrome:

4. Sign in and see if the sign in link changes to "My Account" as shown in this video:

Alternately, download another browser to try with the site. Chrome and Firefox are the ones most supported (and most common, with over 80% or something of the browsers). Edge would probably be better than IE / Internet Explorer. Safari should work, but it is only about 4% of the browsers on desktops, so it's better to use one of the more popular ones for this test.

Can see they have not fixed some basic problems. My phone number is incorrect. Wouldn't you think changing your phone number would be as easy as 1-2-3.

I change by phone number and hit Save - I get a message - E-Mail address is already in use please use a different e-mail address. HUH!

Celebrity - this is web site 101 design when will you ever learn.

I saw the press release and they used an outside vendor, Accenture. They are a Fortune 500 company and a major digital services company with 33 billion in annual sales. They paid plenty for the mess they have on their hands.

I suspect they are having some very terse conversations right now with Accenture.

Of course the best part for Accenture is that they will be paid much $$$ by Celebrity to fix the many problems in the software.

Trying to look at a shore tour in Toyko in April 2018 and it shows this in the fine print.

• Kindly note that this tour is only offered for back to back guests for the Celebrity Millennium 9/2/16 sailing.
  • 2016? The Celebrity IT department seems to be copying and pasting and not updating the info.
  • There website is really bad.

Of course the best part for Accenture is that they will be paid much $$$ by Celebrity to fix the many problems in the software.

The press release from early 2016 does not say anything about Accenture being involved in designing and launching a new website. This should be confirmed before this company gets dragged through the mud for this mess. In the end Celebrity is accountable whoever they used to design and test the new site before it was made live.

Shore excursions-impossible to figure them out. Used to be a pull down for each port in alpha order. I pull Down Europe and there is no order. All over the place. Any ideas??

The excursions are now on a tab under manage your cruise .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm getting redirected to the old site now, after logging in (on Chrome, the browser I was using for the site). In Firefox I am seeing the old site now (history and cookies had been cleared on Firefox).

.... and now it's back to sending me to the new site. They must be working on it.

And it's back to the new site again. I think they must be working on it.

Judging from this thread from Jan. 2016, the current problems with Celebrity's site are nothing unique. I think every one of the problems with the new site existed with the old site as well, so it might be the backend rather than the website itself that is the problem.

I looked at the page source and there are a couple of comments that some things are hidden due to the API not supporting them; I suspect that means those features will be enabled as the work on the API itself goes forward.

What if one just wants to browse on the main website..is that functioning yet?

I can use the handy form with the drop downs on the home page to see cruises. Just did a search for all of 2018, for Panama Canal, from any departure port. It gave me 6 itineraries. The number of cruises match what I see on a major on-line booking site. The both could be wrong if the major problem is the backend of the site rather than the web pages themselves. But I think it actually works pretty well for browsing.