Royal Caribbean Reinstates Corkage Fee for Wine Brought Onboard

Will we still be allowed to get a glass of wine in Diamond Lounge and take it with us to dinner, or will we have to pay for that too?

I don't see anything about charging corkage fees on glasses of wine, no matter where they come from.

Something that I haven't read from anyone yet regarding this $15.00 fee, so here goes, possibly someone might know the answer. One of the C&A perks has a bottle of wine already in our room when we embark. So, would you think there be a fee if we brought it to the dining room and had it with our meal ? Obviously the waitstaff knows what brands of wine the ship has. I'll say no there shouldn't be a fee because it's a perk from them, would anyone like to give their thoughts on that? Or if all else fails I'll just give the C&A Dept. a call tomorrow.

Something that I haven't read from anyone yet regarding this $15.00 fee, so here goes, possibly someone might know the answer. One of the C&A perks has a bottle of wine already in our room when we embark. So, would you think there be a fee if we brought it to the dining room and had it with our meal ? Obviously the waitstaff knows what brands of wine the ship has. I'll say no there shouldn't be a fee because it's a perk from them, would anyone like to give their thoughts on that? Or if all else fails I'll just give the C&A Dept. a call tomorrow.

Supposedly no fees on wine gifts from C&A.

Most of the time RCCL will not let you take alcohol out of the Diamond Lounge. If there are a large number if Diamond guests and you are given coupons or the drinks are put on your Sea pass card it is then possible to stop by one of the bars and pick up a glass of wine and then carry that glass into the dining room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sure, but that won't stop them from charging the corkage fee.

So...even if we drink it in our room, or carry a glass to dinner, we STILL get hit with the fee? I guess I'm asking if we uncork it ourselves in our room...is there a fee?

So...even if we drink it in our room, or carry a glass to dinner, we STILL get hit with the fee? I guess I'm asking if we uncork it ourselves in our room...is there a fee?

No fee if you uncork it in your room. No fee if you take a glass from your room with to to another venue. There is only a fee if you take the bottle, opened or unopened with you to a restaurant or bar.

It has been posted on a other thread that there will be a sticker placed in your bottle stating there is no fee for this C&A gift.

It has been posted on a other thread that there will be a sticker placed in your bottle stating there is no fee for this C&A gift.

I wonder how much the stickers will cost on Ebay?:)

Interested to see how this works - though unlikely to affect me.

If I take a bottle to MDR on Monday, I'll pay corkage. Ok. Got that.

What if I don't finish the bottle, but rather take the same bottle to Sabors (Or any other venue) - how will they know not to charge the $15 again ?

If it's the case your given a receipt, then surely that's gonna cover every bottle of wine you take in - so $15 for the full cruise ? Can also see where one receipt could be shared across a group of friends over the cruise...

Same would apply if they just check the Seapass records - it only says ive paid for A bottle of wine, but not which one...

Even applying stickers to the bottle could be transferred with very little effort to a different bottle, unless they go to the expense of buying tamper proof labels.

Interested in any experience or thoughts on this. As I said, it's unlikely to affect me directly as I'm on the drinks package, so any wine brought on board would be for in the cabin while getting ready.

Even applying stickers to the bottle could be transferred with very little effort to a different bottle, unless they go to the expense of buying tamper proof labels.

When the Coke stickers first came out, they were easily transferred. Now, not so much

Most of the time RCCL will not let you take alcohol out of the Diamond Lounge. If there are a large number if Diamond guests and you are given coupons or the drinks are put on your Sea pass card it is then possible to stop by one of the bars and pick up a glass of wine and then carry that glass into the dining room.

On our last two cruises we were encouraged to take our wine from the Diamond Lounge. In fact they filled our glasses before we left for dinner.

Well I always wondered what got into such a stingy company in the first place. Now I see they have reverted again and taken away one of the few remaining perks. We are almost diamond plus so we have sailed Royal a lot, but no more unless it is a family thing and we cannot find another line. The entire experience is a shadow of what it was. Yes, you can get a glass and carry it to dinner-many do and we have too. That will expand. It is a lot of fun to get on the elevator dressed up and wonder if the people can keep their glass from spilling. Most of the problem on Royal is their insistence on adding revenue producing gimmicks like pay restaurants. That takes space and personnel and that means more work for the existing staff-there can only be so many of them. Dance floors have virtually become extinct on most ships, and the few lounges they have are used for karaoke or game shows instead. They should check out Princess - we did and sail them now-at least they have floors to dance on. No help there for the corkage fee though either.:(

On our last two cruises we were encouraged to take our wine from the Diamond Lounge. In fact they filled our glasses before we left for dinner.

Our experience also.

We have taken our wine glasses full from the D lounge every evening straight to the MDR no questions asked for years...including our last cruise in April. Not only wine but many times cocktails or martinis. On any ship. But the Dlounge has gotten so crowded in recent years, the concierge has allowed this because we like many others just go in get our bits and drinks and go into the Viking Crown to consume and visit. So people are coming and going with anything they like...nothing said at all.

Edited by BecciBoo

When the Coke stickers first came out, they were easily transferred. Now, not so much

I asked on the other ongoing thread regarding corkage fees.

If the INTENT is to circumvent paying the corkage fee, wouldn't this be similar sharing a drink package or smuggling alcohol onboard. Either by transferring or duplicating stickers or other means? Seems same moral compass??

Just food(drink) for thought.

Every time Royal comes out with a new fee, the minds work hard to find a work around.

I asked on the other ongoing thread regarding corkage fees.

If the INTENT is to circumvent paying the corkage fee, wouldn't this be similar sharing a drink package or smuggling alcohol onboard. Either by transferring or duplicating stickers or other means? Seems same moral compass??

Just food(drink) for thought.

Every time Royal comes out with a new fee, the minds work hard to find a work around.

You are correct

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We are currently on Oasis and did not have a sticker on our wine that is our D+ amenity. We took the wine bottle open the first night to Chops and no one said anything. We took the same bottle to 150 CP the next night and our waiter said that they were now charging a corkage fee as of that day, but he would not charge us.

I'm going to be honest. I'm super mad about this change in policy. First they did it without warning, which is super sleazy. It seems to me that Royal is turning into the Spirit airlines of the cruise industry. It is bad enough they did the room service charge, lowered the food quality, and now the corkage fee? Before you know it they will charge you to bring bags on boards. Everyone who has Twitter or Facebook should message them expressing their disappointment in this policy. If we don't complain, they will only add more charges knowing they can get away with it.