Royal Caribbean Reinstates Corkage Fee for Wine Brought Onboard

Those soda mugs look like they could hold a lot of liquid. Probably about half of a 750ml bottle of liquid. Hmmmm ... :evilsmile::halo:

And they are insulated too!:)

This is basically what we've done, but more often it's bringing a glass of our wine for lunch in the MDR on sea days. Our experience with getting wine glasses from our cabin attendant has been spotty--literally. They haven't always provided a red/white glass as requested (just brought whatever they had), and sometimes the glasses weren't very clean or were spotty and required a rinse and polish. We had better luck getting glasses from a bar or the main dining room, and we'd often keep them in the minibar so the room attendant wouldn't take our clean glasses away.

I keep an extra set in the glass door cabinets next to the desk mirror, for just in case.

Guess we have been lucky with our cabin attendant keeping us in supply.

I keep an extra set in the glass door cabinets next to the desk mirror, for just in case.

Guess we have been lucky with our cabin attendant keeping us in supply.

That is where we "hide" ours so our cabin attendant doesn't remove them. We usually have a variety of wine and champagne glasses.

Not sure why, but it seems our cabin attendants tell us we need to call room service to get glasses. Celebrity was different - the cabin attendants supply the glasses daily. We find it super easy to get them from any bar or the MDR - that way we have them when we want them.

M

That is where we "hide" ours so our cabin attendant doesn't remove them. We usually have a variety of wine and champagne glasses.

Not sure why, but it seems our cabin attendants tell us we need to call room service to get glasses. Celebrity was different - the cabin attendants supply the glasses daily. We find it super easy to get them from any bar or the MDR - that way we have them when we want them.

M

Yup, another one of those famous "the only thing consistent ship to ship....is inconsistency" things. ;)

Can't think of one time we were not kept in supply of daily clean glasses. Guess we just got lucky.

^ think of the Royal fleet as the United States of Royaldom - which is made up of 25 states. While at the federal level (Miami HQ) there's some uniformity, states can and many times do their own thing.

^ think of the Royal fleet as the United States of Royaldom - which is made up of 25 states. While at the federal level (Miami HQ) there's some uniformity, states can and many times do their own thing.

LOL!! Excellent comparison!! :D

There's also different glassware for different beers.:beer-mug:

For sure, I try to avoid the fufu glasses that hold a lot less for the high ABV beers. I like to drink beer, not high ABV beers per se. Like to enjoy pints vs a lot less!

. All the wineries I go to.....WOW.

The winery tastings can't be bothered to give you "proper" glasses for the different wines.

Biker, who was just at Chateau St Michelle (ironically the sparkling wine won during the M&M raffle aboard Explorer) winery outside of Seattle and used the same glass for all wines tasted.

The winery tastings can't be bothered to give you "proper" glasses for the different wines.

Biker, who was just at Chateau St Michelle (ironically the sparkling wine won during the M&M raffle aboard Explorer) winery outside of Seattle and used the same glass for all wines tasted.

I was realizing the same thing when I read this, Biker. We live near a lot of wineries and none of them do that. We're near Rt 151 in Nelson county VA. They'll pour a red, then a white, etc. Matter of fact just also realized Trump Winery, about 45 mins from the house, they DO change out glasses between reds and whites.

I've been there. 1997. Don't recall the tasting glass. Still one of our favorite Riesling

3ce766a7f9f339e03d75859c7479d024.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Her base pay may very well remain unchanged, but her increase would come from her share of the gratuities from the additional 6 rooms, which would be 50% more than with the original 12. Gratuities are a significant portion of their compensation.

Exactly - what an increase in pay!:eek: