Technical issues on Caribbean Princess

maz48

Not only has The CB completely changed my Southern Caribbean Medley to an eastern cruise. 11th April 2018. But hurricane Irma has caused so much destruction and wiped out the only port I was looking forward to....st martins. I can't see these islands being up and running by next April.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on her Oct.7 so its all up in the air for us. First up, will Ft. Lauderdale port be ok to depart? We'll know Monday. Many of our 9 ports have been hit by Irma. My TA confirms that its unlikely our cruise will be cancelled. We will get substitute ports or sea days. I'm guessing that won't be decided until a week or 2 prior. For US personally, we don't care what ports we go to. We've been to most before. We just don't want so many sea days that its like a transatlantic lol. Asca side note - Im an early over packer - and Irma is going to hit us in Tampa - so I had 2 weeks packed. I just took out the formal wear and snorkel stuff, and Im set to live in an extended hotel if need be. Irma...ughhh.... shes screwing up my Oct AND NY Eve cruises AND my home.

We are on her Oct.7 so its all up in the air for us. First up, will Ft. Lauderdale port be ok to depart? We'll know Monday. Many of our 9 ports have been hit by Irma. My TA confirms that its unlikely our cruise will be cancelled. We will get substitute ports or sea days. I'm guessing that won't be decided until a week or 2 prior. For US personally, we don't care what ports we go to. We've been to most before. We just don't want so many sea days that its like a transatlantic lol. Asca side note - Im an early over packer - and Irma is going to hit us in Tampa - so I had 2 weeks packed. I just took out the formal wear and snorkel stuff, and Im set to live in an extended hotel if need be. Irma...ughhh.... shes screwing up my Oct AND NY Eve cruises AND my home.

Looks like we are sharing the same upcoming voyages with the addition for us is the TA from Southampton to Port Everglades then the B2B on the Oct. 7 voyage. We might see some changes to the Circle Caribbean itinerary but most of the islands were not visited by Irma. Our Christmas and New Year's Eve voyage is on the Pacific Princess and some of those ports were in harm's way from Irma.

Stay safe in Tampa. You are going to be rocked. It's going to be rough over here on the Treasure Coast, but not like your area.

We are on this cruise also, the only port of ours that was really affected is St Thomas.

Antigua was spared and the rest are south of where the storm hit.

We sailed on the Aug. 17 British isles itinerary. There was an additional technical issue that came up after we sailed away from Guernsey on our cruise. We had already been delayed from our scheduled departure time. We ended up getting to our next port (Cobh, Ireland) around four hours late. They also delayed our departure from there. After the captain made the announcement about the technical problem, the lights in our corridor dimmed down to the emergency lighting level for 10 to 15 seconds. I was walking back to our cabin at the time. I'm not sure how many other areas of the ship were affected.

I talked to a crew member about the ongoing problems. He said the ship is currently limited to 17 knots. When it's fixed, it will be able to do up to 24 knots with favorable wind and currents. He did not know when they were going to fix it and did not say exactly what is wrong.

This is only one reason we'll never sail Princess again.... We had the exact same problem in June and they haven't fixed it! This ship sails the Caribbean too...imagine trying to get away from a hurricane on this??? Princess may be having financial problems. There was a lot of issues with the ship and the staff too on our cruise.

I suspect that if the problem with speed does not interfere with passenger or ship safety; they will most likely put off fixing the problem until next dry dock. It just came out of dry dock in Mar so it won't be going back in for maybe three years. But it will get fitted for the medallion program.

I suspect that if the problem with speed does not interfere with passenger or ship safety; they will most likely put off fixing the problem until next dry dock. It just came out of dry dock in Mar so it won't be going back in for maybe three years. But it will get fitted for the medallion program.

She was fitted for the medallion program in January along with some other changes.

• 3 months later...

Yup our b2b cruise in August was just changed for the 4th time. 1st to take off grand turk and put on amber cove, then take amber cove off and make it a sea day, then removed belize for costa maya and now changed times on 1st leg...oh yeah and dropped the medallion as well. Princess needs 2 get their act together as it even has me a platinum member rethinking them. Then cancelled my excursion and didn't bother to send me an email. Claims it was sent to ta...i asked why he doesn't book them i do.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Yup our b2b cruise in August was just changed for the 4th time. 1st to take off grand turk and put on amber cove, then take amber cove off and make it a sea day, then removed belize for costa maya and now changed times on 1st leg...oh yeah and dropped the medallion as well. Princess needs 2 get their act together as it even has me a platinum member rethinking them. Then cancelled my excursion and didn't bother to send me an email. Claims it was sent to ta...i asked why he doesn't book them i do.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

wow you sure have had the changes. Hope you have better luck with your cruise. Merry Christmas

What is this “technical issue? We just booked a b2b trip next August 25th. The next day we received an email stating they were making an itinerary change due to this issue that apparently won’t be corrected before our voyage. They dropped Amber Cove which wasn’t a huge deal since we just visited there on the Royal last week but they also made several other arrival/departure times.

Guess I’m just surprised they’re still dealing with this problem and will be for the next year it appears. I tried to read some of this thread to understand to but gave up after a lot of reading.

Thanks