Norwegian Air

Not sure what restrictions are placed with booking air through NCL, so hopefully someone else can help. But just curious, wouldn't virtually everyone on board the airplane be a stranger? :) I would think if you are traveling with someone they would try to assign seats together.

The restrictions are going to vary with each set of tickets Norwegian buys. They can be very complicated and difficult to ascertain. Without knowing the fare code, it will be very difficult to answer your questions. Such is life using consolidator tickets.

I would be sure it will be Economy- you didn't request Business or First, right? Upgradeable or not depends, again, on the fare codes. Unlikely they will be upgradeable. Very unlikely.

I would ask on the NCL forum

people that have booked the cruise line air deal will be able to tell you

Most cruise line air is Economy class unless otherwise stated

as said above it depends on the fare code if upgradable or not

Yes the cruise line

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unless NCL has adopted the practice of its related premium/luxury lines (Oceania and Regent) to include airfare (or an air credit), why would you purchase air arrangements from them?

By introducing that "third party" into your air transaction, you will be:

delayed in seat selection (if that is even an option),

usually unable to claim frequent flyer miles,

probably affected first in overbooking situations,

booked in a fare base preventing FF point upgrade,

NOT guaranteed that the ship will wait for delayed flight.

locked into a particular carrier without scheduling flexibility (unless you pay for a "deviation").

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When booking Air with Norwegian and they book with United. Does Anyone know if this is the economy class and can't be upgraded or select your seat? I don't wanna get stuck on a 14 hour flight to Hawaii sitting with strangers

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It will definitely be economy class, and it will probably have at least one connection if not two. I have no idea about upgrading or selecting seats, but by the time NCL actually books your flights and get you the information the good seats are going to be long gone.

Be aware that they don't always book through United, they book with whoever gets them the best deal.

Also, be aware that United has "Basic Economy" fares now. No seat selection, no carryon allowed (only a small personal item), families will NOT be accommodated together...

That said: the only fights not getting the new "Economy -" fares are flights to Hawaii. BUT, if you need a connecting flight, you could get stuck with the Basic Economy fare on that flight, and you'd have to abide by those rules...

Have you done your own research on airfare for your trip? Is there a monetary reason why you are going with NCL to pick your flights? You are adding another level of administration if things go sideways. The airlines will NOT put you on the next flight out - they will put you on the next flight that has AVAILABILITY and your position on the re-accomodation list is based on the type of fare list. You may also get split up onto various flights for re-accomodation because there is no one flight that has space for all of you at that fare. Or, you have to wait until some flight has enough room, but it may not be that day. NCL cannot help with that. You are supposed to go through NCL to work through IRROPS, not directly with the airline. While those going directly to United are getting recovery, you have to wait for NCL to call and accept whatever NCL tells you they did for you.

go to the Cruise Air sub-forum here. Read up on cruiseline-provided air. Know before you buy.