Wild price increase!

Boatingmom

I just checked the cabin and date that I have a deposit on to see if there was a price drop. No drop found but a price increase of over a thousand dollars for same date and cabin. Only $200 of that is the new service charge. The deposit required has also increased. Ncl what are you thinking???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just checked the cabin and date that I have a deposit on to see if there was a price drop. No drop found but a price increase of over a thousand dollars for same date and cabin. Only $200 of that is the new service charge. The deposit required has also increased. Ncl what are you thinking???

I would think you would be doing a happy dance???

Good for you...your price won't go up! It's all about supply and demand. The prices fluctuate accordingly. Four years ago on my Baltic cruise, the fare went down more than $2,500 (for the cabin, not pp) about six or eight months after I booked it, and I walked on the ship with the difference in OBC. :D

We made the mistake of booking another cruise on board last year on the epic, it was the Western Mediterranean that we are doing this year. The booking was 4800 dollars for a balcony stateroom for 7 days. The reason we did that was because we wanted to get prepaid gratuities special along with another offer. When we got back home, we called our travel agent about 2 weeks later and that same cruise had gone down in price about 2500 dollars, so we canceled and booked again getting the specials we wanted like another cruiser said is supply and demand.

Good for you...your price won't go up! It's all about supply and demand. The prices fluctuate accordingly. Four years ago on my Baltic cruise, the fare went down more than $2,500 (for the cabin, not pp) about six or eight months after I booked it, and I walked on the ship with the difference in OBC. :D

Did the price go down after your deadline to pay the cruise in full?

Our cruise that we booked a few months ago went up in price (glad we booked early) our and full payment is due July 1. I'm interested in knowing what happens if the price goes down after we make our full payment since we won't really be able to cancel and rebook.

Our cruise that we booked a few months ago went up in price (glad we booked early) our and full payment is due July 1. I'm interested in knowing what happens if the price goes down after we make our full payment since we won't really be able to cancel and rebook.

IIRC, it was about half before final payment and half after. It was a different cruise line that has a fare you can book where you can take advantage of price drops up to two days before the cruise. But, if you cancel at any time--even before final payment--there's an administrative fee and the rest of your deposit isn't refundable but can be credited to a future cruise. NCL doesn't have a fare like that, so my experience isn't applicable to what NCL does after final payment.

So far since I've been sailing with NCL (three NCL cruises so far), I haven't had a price drop after final payment. What I've read here is that usually they won't do anything for you but sometimes you could get a small amount in OBC or an upgrade.

IIRC, it was about half before final payment and half after. It was a different cruise line that has a fare you can book where you can take advantage of price drops up to two days before the cruise. But, if you cancel at any time--even before final payment--there's an administrative fee and the rest of your deposit isn't refundable but can be credited to a future cruise. NCL doesn't have a fare like that, so my experience isn't applicable to what NCL does after final payment.

So far since I've been sailing with NCL (three NCL cruises so far), I haven't had a price drop after final payment. What I've read here is that usually they won't do anything for you but sometimes you could get a small amount in OBC or an upgrade.

Oh I see, yeah I would think NCL wouldn't really do anything after final payment but if it does happen I'll definitely be asking for at least OBC or upgrade :)

On Princess I booked an inside cabin for 10 days out of Singapore next February for $979 each, booked it a week ago. Yesterday the price was lower on their website, so I called and got the price of $599 each. I got to keep the same cabin, they did not go through the whole cancel and rebook thing, just said "Will send you a new email."

The take away for all this is not that prices go up and down due to simple economics - supply and demand.

No the BIG NEWS / TAKE AWAY HERE IS..............................

... that someone at NCL is actualy thinking! ;p

my upcoming Jewel sailing has skyrocketed since we booked. im pleased.

also our panama canal has gone up around $1600 as well (we booked with the tax free promo).

its nice, because we have had several cruises where hte prices have dropped. granted, we've been able to move into nicer/larger rooms when that's happened, but its not money in the pocket.

If it goes down after final payment that is the luck of the draw. You can often upgrade to a higher category cabin without penalty, but you will not get a refund nor any on board credit.

On Princess I booked an inside cabin for 10 days out of Singapore next February for $979 each, booked it a week ago. Yesterday the price was lower on their website, so I called and got the price of $599 each. I got to keep the same cabin, they did not go through the whole cancel and rebook thing, just said "Will send you a new email."

The cancel and rebook thing is really just a myth. Most price adjustments are just that, a price adjustment. Unless you get a new booking number you do not have a cancel and rebook situation. You got the new price because you are not near final payment.

I just booked a cruise for January. Final payment is due on Sept. 7th. However, I chose to just pay it in full already. Since I have paid in full, could I get a refund prior to Sept. 7th or a larger suite?

I just booked a cruise for January. Final payment is due on Sept. 7th. However, I chose to just pay it in full already. Since I have paid in full, could I get a refund prior to Sept. 7th or a larger suite?

Yes, the deadline is based on final payment due date for your sailing and has nothing to do with the date you choose to pay it in full.

Yes, the deadline is based on final payment due date for your sailing and has nothing to do with the date you choose to pay it in full.

I'm sorry. I meant to say if the price goes down, can I get a refund of the difference or move to a higher category?