Dog on ship

They have to understand that it is not healthy for other passengers even if they have permission. Dogs should only be allowed for the blind. This picture was on Oasis March 20, 2017.

19030424_1918265385082923_8173276205176742770_n.jpg?oh=060e127bc54172053778b639430e9c7e&oe=59CDD48F[/quIote]

Condos are mostly over 30 floors, how can people take 30 flight of stairs? I think you can only enforce taking the stairs for apartment buildings less than 4 floors

My condo is less strict on pets. It actually allows pets to walk in public areas. My friend's condo, you have to pick up the dog in all public areas.

The reason why I give people the benefit of the doubt is because I've seen people with legitimate service/ support dogs put their dogs in strollers and dress them up. Most of the time you can see their documentation clipped to the dog's outfit.

They have to understand that it is not healthy for other passengers even if they have permission. Dogs should only be allowed for the blind. This picture was on Oasis March 20, 2017.

19030424_1918265385082923_8173276205176742770_n.jpg?oh=060e127bc54172053778b639430e9c7e&oe=59CDD48F[/quIotIie]

It may be a mental health problem.....don't be so harsh..............

19030424_1918265385082923_8173276205176742770_n.jpg?oh=060e127bc54172053778b639430e9c7e&oe=59CDD48F[/quIote]

Wow, that's a very narrow minded attitude.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does your condo association allow dogs in the elevator? The building my Mom lives in prohibits pets in the elevator. People are supposed to take the stairs with their pets.

That's ridiculous. We are limited to one pet under 30 pounds. How many floors in your mom's building? Ours is 8, we live on 6. Technically we are supposed to carry them, but I rarely do. Only when its storming. I don't trust her. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

That's ridiculous. We are limited to one pet under 30 pounds. How many floors in your mom's building? Ours is 8, we live on 6. Technically we are supposed to carry them, but I rarely do. Only when its storming. I don't trust her. [emoji6]

It is 4 floors plus a garage under, so really 5. It is a 55+ community too.

I have never seen a dog on an elevator on the ship, but we have seen dogs in strollers on both of our Anthem sailings. We have seen them other times, but I forget which ships.

What they realize and you don't is that people should MYOB

What they realize and you don't is that people should MYOB

Why.Service dogs are no problem and well trained.

Some people are allergic to dogs and if most people leave their animals at home when they cruise why should non legitimate animals be allowed.

It is 4 floors plus a garage under, so really 5. It is a 55+ community too.

I have never seen a dog on an elevator on the ship, but we have seen dogs in strollers on both of our Anthem sailings. We have seen them other times, but I forget which ships.

FWIW, ADA rules will supersede condo rules. We have one service dog for a blind lady and he is about 80 pounds, 50 over the limit. Great dog. They can also get around the number limits, one owner has a service dog and a pet. The service dog does not count as a pet.

This picture was on Oasis March 20, 2017.

I've seen plenty of service animal on land and on ships assisting folks with all sort of issues. Some issues are visible to others and some are not. First time seeing a person who needed two service animals. Happy her doctors gave her permission to sail.

M

They have to understand that it is not healthy for other passengers even if they have permission. Dogs should only be allowed for the blind. This picture was on Oasis March 20, 2017.19030424_1918265385082923_8173276205176742770_n.jpg?oh=060e127bc54172053778b639430e9c7e&oe=59CDD48F

While I would question the stroller for true service dogs, I have one friend with Type 1 diabetes and one with seizures who each have certified, trained service dogs that detect either low blood sugar or seizures. My friend with diabetes has had her dog save her life more than once waking her up at night because her sugars dropped dangerously low and the dog detected them.

So no, service dogs are not only for the blind.

Had the stroller lady on my last cruise on Harmony.

There was also a dog in it's carry bag in our favorite french restraunt last week.

I asked the maitre d about it. He stated he really didn't know what to say and was worried that the restaraunt could be sued if he didn't let them in. The dog only yelped a few times.....

Times are changing....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We'll have to respectfully disagree on our definition of genuine purposes. I think a service dog for someone with seizures or diabetes or a host of medical reasons is legit.

There is a very destructive prejudice in the West against medicine that doesn't involve drugs or surgery. It is part of a general bias against anything that doesn't placate society's dominant institutions. Many people deliberately work to manage their conditions using the least invasive regimen. If it is effective, it is not only deserving of every bit of respect that the traditional regimen demands but perhaps even more respect.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

There is a very destructive prejudice in the West against medicine that doesn't involve drugs or surgery. It is part of a general bias against anything that doesn't placate society's dominant institutions. Many people deliberately work to manage their conditions using the least invasive regimen. If it is effective, it is not only deserving of every bit of respect that the traditional regimen demands but perhaps even more respect.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I know someone who is on Medical Marijuana. It is the least invasive form of treatment and effective for this patient. Can he go on a cruise? Can he smoke on his balcony? It is deserving of every bit of respect that the traditional meds/ surgery commands.

It is deserving of every bit of respect that the traditional meds/ surgery commands.
Indeed. Though to be clear, that's a drug. It's stupid that traditional medicine hasn't embraced it as just yet another pharmaceutical.

I live in a city that is dog friendly, perhaps this is why it doenst bother me as much when I actually see support/ service dogs in buggies. Its actually more hygienic than having them walk around and peeing between the aisles in the clothing shop

What part of properly trained Service Dogs will not relieve themselves except in designated areas are you struggling with ?

A properly trained Service Dog will not pee between the aisles in the clothing shop, but a pet masquerading as an Emotional Support Animal will.