Tipping for Room Service

mysusie45

I usually tip $1 or $2, depending on how much stuff we've ordered. You don't have to tip anything, but I usually figure a buck or two means more to hard-working young people than it does to us.

Jim

Nothing, room service tipping is included in the daily auto amount they charge you. If you choose to remove the auto tipping and tip as you go when you're served then a tip for room service would be in order.

HOW DO GRATUITIES WORK?

To simplify the tipping process for our passengers, a discretionary gratuity charge will be automatically added to your shipboard account on a daily basis. The daily gratuity amounts are $15.50 per guest for suites, $14.50 per guest for mini-suites and club class, and $13.50 per guest for interior, oceanview, and balcony staterooms. This gratuity will be shared amongst those staff who have helped provide and support your cruise experience, including all waitstaff, stateroom stewards, buffet stewards, and housekeeping staff across the fleet. A 15% gratuity is added to bar charges and dining room wine accounts.

We usually order room service for breakfast daily, ask for extra coffee, tip $2. If we order lunch, we tip $2....we have servers are very pleasant and happy with this tip which they can pocket... easily.

Regardless of what's referenced in the above post which says NOTHING about RS being included in the auto-tip..........

I have checked with supervisory personnel on Princess cruises and have been assured that room service personnel are part of the auto-tip pool.

I always have ones stashed for room service, a dollar or two per tray. I also get the delivery person's name. If they really go out of their way, I write them a comment card. Tipping is such a personal action. It always amazes me how heated these thread can get. Do as you would any where else.

It always kills me how it really pains some people to kick down a buck or two. If you can afford to cruise you can afford to tip.

Could not agree more. The crew works very hard to provide you a great cruise so a couple of bucks shouldn't be a big deal. For those who say it's included in your fare look at it this way. You order a pizza at home for delivery. You pay for the pizza. You pay the delivery fee. You ALSO pay a tip for the person delivering the pizza.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If it's just coffee we tip $1.00 per person. If we order full breakfast it's a flat $5.00 (for two pax). If you have a family ordering breakfast I would tip more than $5.00. We feel so lucky to have someone put together our tray, deliver it to our room, place it where we want (balcony sometimes) and say "Good morning"! We could not get even a McDonalds breakfast for that amount.

It always kills me how it really pains some people to kick down a buck or two. If you can afford to cruise you can afford to tip.

Yep, we give at least a few bucks on the rare occasions that we use room service. It isn't too big of deal for us since I am an exotic dancer. I usually book extra bridal showers and sorority parties before the cruise to load up on singles. The rolls of nickels I get changed at the bank.

Agreed. Between $2 and $5 depending on what you order and what they do with it. Most of the time it's drop the tray and go. A couple of times (in a VS Suite) the delivery included setting the balcony table with a tablecloth, silverware and setting out the plates/coffee etc. She went the extra 2 miles and got the $10 tip.

Could not agree more. The crew works very hard to provide you a great cruise so a couple of bucks shouldn't be a big deal. For those who say it's included in your fare look at it this way. You order a pizza at home for delivery. You pay for the pizza. You pay the delivery fee. You ALSO pay a tip for the person delivering the pizza.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Totally agree:)

We've never ordered room service, but I would look at this like I would pizza delivery. I would always tip for pizza delivery, so I would always tip for room service. Not exactly the same thing, I know, but that's what I would do. I'd think the $2 to $5 would be about right.

Depending on what we order, we usually tip between $2 - $5. The nice thing is if you don't carry a bunch of one dollar bills around, you can enter the tip of the form you sign upon receiving your order and it will be charged to your onboard account. Simple.