Liberty of the Seas Ports - Insect Repellant

I continue to read recommendations about packing insect repellant. We will be traveling to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica but will not be spending any time in any jungles. Just beach time, restaurants, and shopping. Any need for the insect repellant?

Thanks!!!:)

I continue to read recommendations about packing insect repellant. We will be traveling to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica but will not be spending any time in any jungles. Just beach time, restaurants, and shopping. Any need for the insect repellant?

no need. Rarely seen near port Edited by cruisinfanatic

I have honestly never had a problem with this in any of these ports, but as Bob and others have suggested, it wouldn't be bad to take one of those really small spray bottles of off for a couple dollars at Walmart and throw it in your bag just in case. I usually take a small bag with me into the port, much smaller than a backpack, but the same idea, that I can put a few things in. Wouldn't hurt. Have fun!

there is no invisible border that magically keeps mosquitos and other insects out of beaches, restaurants and shopping areas.

I pack a spray can every cruise for the last few years. I have only used it in two ports: Belize and Roatan.

The only port I regret NOT using it was in Australia. Got a nasty bite at the Taronga Zoo. But you know what they say about Australia:

Everything in Australia Wants to Kill You

Last time we were in the Caribbean i used a Deet spray and it was very effective.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Bugs LOVE me! I get bit every time i walk out the door at home during the summer months. Yet I swear I've never gotten a bit on a cruise vacation and we always do the Caribbean. If you are really concerned about it they have premoistened towletts of bug repellent.

01190f826ab99227ef2a99754883011e.jpg

These are $7.00 on amazon.com

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Edited by toxicfairy

Bugs LOVE me! I get bit every time i walk out the door at home during the summer months. Yet I swear I've never gotten a bit on a cruise vacation and we always do the Caribbean. If you are really concerned about it they have premoistened towletts of bug repellent.

Thanks.Never seen that brand in the UK but i will look out for them or something similar.

I was recently on the same cruise and packed insect repellent, but forgot to use it. Our first excursion was a bus tour. On one of the stops, my husband used the restroom and another guy warned him that there were mosquitoes in the rest room. Ugh. I figured we would be safe because all of our excursions were bus/trolley tours. So yes, you should use insect repellent.

I keep a couple of these in my purse at all times. You never know when you are going to need them.

You probably don't want to hear my thoughts on vacation insurance then.

You have to do what suits you.

In November 2011 we were just about to leave our pre cruise hotel when i got a phone call to say my mam had died.

Our UK insurance covered everything and were fantastic.