Ship Changes and Cabin Assignments

Woobstr112G

Good morning all. I have a quick question. I just received an email from my T/A stating that the Hawaii cruise (October 2018) I booked on the Ruby has been switched, due to ship redeployment, to the Star Princess. The email I received stated the original fare and any discounts, offers, etc will be protected. The email also stated we would receive the same category of cabin in the same area of the ship.

My question is for those who have previously gone through the process. Does Princess hold true to their statement concerning the cabin reassignments? I booked a particular cabin (Vista D726) due to location and size of the balcony. I was hoping I could get the same cabin on the Star but I realize this may not happen:(.

Thanks in advance for any replies.....:):):)

Bob

I think the e-mail says it all. "Same Category" does not mean same cabin. If you truly want to try and get the same exact cabin you might want to contact your cruise/travel agent or Princess directly (if you booked direct) and make the request. Perhaps they can grant your request...and perhaps not. But it never hurts to ask.

Hank

You have to work with your T.A. if you don't get what you want. For information on the Ruby D726 is a mini suite cat MD and is a connecting cabin. The Star Princess has cat. MD mini suites in the same area of the ship, if fact cabin D726 is just about in the same location. However, on the Star these are not connecting cabins. In fact the Star has no connecting mini suites.

By the word Vista did you actually book a Vista Suite and state the incorrect number in your posting? Since the Star has almost the same suite configuration as the Ruby you will probably retain that location.

I think the e-mail says it all. "Same Category" does not mean same cabin. If you truly want to try and get the same exact cabin you might want to contact your cruise/travel agent or Princess directly (if you booked direct) and make the request. Perhaps they can grant your request...and perhaps not. But it never hurts to ask.

Hank

You have to work with your T.A. if you don't get what you want. For information on the Ruby D726 is a mini suite cat MD and is a connecting cabin. The Star Princess has cat. MD mini suites in the same area of the ship, if fact cabin D726 is just about in the same location. However, on the Star these are not connecting cabins. In fact the Star has no connecting mini suites.

By the word Vista did you actually book a Vista Suite and state the incorrect number in your posting? Since the Star has almost the same suite configuration as the Ruby you will probably retain that location.

Thank you for the information. I made a typo when I said D726. I should have typed D736 as I did book the Dolphin port side Vista suite.....:):):)

Bob

Bob, I have an almost identical problem: I was booked into Vista Suite D736 on Ruby Princess on a March 11, 2019 15 day Hawaiian Islands cruise but have been reassigned to Emerald Princess. I specifically booked D736 for probably the same reasons as you and would be unhappy if I was assigned another cabin. But I reason that there were no cabins on Emerald Princess (or in your case, Star Princess) sold yet as the change was just made; and even if all six Vista suites on Ruby were sold, the logical thing would be to just move everyone to the corresponding suite on the other ship.

Of course you and I both know that logic does not always prevail. The e-mail says the new assignments will be made no later than July 19th, so I wish good luck to both of us. Please let me know how you make out--I will do the same.

Thank you for the information. I made a typo when I said D726. I should have typed D736 as I did book the Dolphin port side Vista suite.....:):):)

Bob

Did you do a mock booking to see if that cabin is still available? I've been in D737 on the Star and that is a fantastic location. Love the aft suites :)

Did you do a mock booking to see if that cabin is still available? I've been in D737 on the Star and that is a fantastic location. Love the aft suites :)

I tried to do a mock booking on both ships (Ruby and Emerald in my case) and neither showed the sailing.

Bob, I have an almost identical problem: I was booked into Vista Suite D736 on Ruby Princess on a March 11, 2019 15 day Hawaiian Islands cruise but have been reassigned to Emerald Princess. I specifically booked D736 for probably the same reasons as you and would be unhappy if I was assigned another cabin. But I reason that there were no cabins on Emerald Princess (or in your case, Star Princess) sold yet as the change was just made; and even if all six Vista suites on Ruby were sold, the logical thing would be to just move everyone to the corresponding suite on the other ship.

Of course you and I both know that logic does not always prevail. The e-mail says the new assignments will be made no later than July 19th, so I wish good luck to both of us. Please let me know how you make out--I will do the same.

I have a similar situation - I expect they will move us cabin to cabin since Emerald and Ruby have the same deck plans. Of course, that would make sense, so I a a bit worried. My TA knows I insisted on a particular cabin and had it marked "no upgrade". Even so she contacted princess and had them note this is a requirement. I just hope it works out.

Edited by MixerDave

I have a similar situation - I expect they will move us cabin to cabin since Emerald and Ruby have the same deck plans. Of course, that would make sense, so I a a bit worried. My TA knows I insisted on a particular cabin and had it marked "no upgrade". Even so she contacted princess and had them not this is a requirement. I just hope it works out.

That's what I'm hoping for--a cabin-to-cabin exchange; let us know how it turns out for you.

I see from other threads that Princess won't be releasing the changed cruises for another week so no way for you to model it. You would think they would have the replacement cruises loaded at the same time that they announce that a cruise has been cancelled but this isn't the first time that things haven't gone as you they should. Hopefully you get the same cabin since you're not being moved to a cruise that has been for sale for a while.

I see from other threads that Princess won't be releasing the changed cruises for another week so no way for you to model it. You would think they would have the replacement cruises loaded at the same time that they announce that a cruise has been cancelled but this isn't the first time that things haven't gone as you they should. Hopefully you get the same cabin since you're not being moved to a cruise that has been for sale for a while.

This is what we are all hoping. :D

It's actually a good thing that they don't have the replacement cruise available for booking yet. You would not want them to sell any cabins on the replacement cruise until they have finished moving everyone from the original cruise. That way they shouldn't have any conflicts.

Will do.....:):):)

Bob

It's actually a good thing that they don't have the replacement cruise available for booking yet. You would not want them to sell any cabins on the replacement cruise until they have finished moving everyone from the original cruise. That way they shouldn't have any conflicts.

We can only hope.....:D:D:D

Bob

Update: Good news. I just checked my cruise personalizer and see that we got the exact same cabin on the Star Princess. Now comes the next consternation. Over the last several days since the change to the Star was announced, I went ahead and booked another cruise (Canada & New England on the Royal). I know what your all saying, "Bob booked the Royal?" "Is he of sound mind and body?.....:D.

While I would definitely choose the Hawaii itinerary, Holli has been after me for a number of years now to do a Fall Foliage itinerary. I have always resisted because I grew up in Seneca Falls Ny and know quite well what colors leaves turn in the Fall. My ability to avoid the "not that many sea days" Fall Foliage itinerary might be at it's end however.....:D:D:D

Bob

Gotta decide which one to go with.....:D:D:D

Bob

Just to help with your decision making, I see that you have been to Hawaii twice. Living in NY the changing leaves has no impact for me and the thought of sailing north in October gives me the chills (no pun intended). However for those who have never experienced this it is really a big thrill. Personally I would take a Palm tree over a Maple or Oak tree any day. Enjoy whichever one you decide on.

Just to help with your decision making, I see that you have been to Hawaii twice. Living in NY the changing leaves has no impact for me and the thought of sailing north in October gives me the chills (no pun intended). However for those who have never experienced this it is really a big thrill. Personally I would take a Palm tree over a Maple or Oak tree any day. Enjoy whichever one you decide on.

Decisons, Decisions.....:D:D:D

Bob

Just thought we would emphasize the different strokes issue. We have lived in the Northeast USA our entire lives and cruised all over the world (to and around 6 continents. But we never tire of the fall foliage and have immensely enjoyed several fall cruises to Canada/NE. The way we see it, something that is beautiful is worth seeing (like DW) over and over again ::). That being said, we do also love Palm trees.

Hank

We were on the STAR this past spring and really enjoyed that ship but it was shorter cruise to the Sea of Cortez. :cool: So-when we found out that we would be on the STAR instead of the RUBY for the Oct. 2018 cruise, we were delighted. We were also notified just today that we would have the same cabin had we gone on the RUBY. :)