5,000 posts

Sequim88

Not so much a cruise question but just time stamping my 5,000th post. Only took me almost 16 years. :rolleyes: I don't see a lot of the really old timers from before 2001 posting on Cruise Critic. Even for the newer members with 100,000 posts already I don't know how they do it. But CC has been a great resource over the years and hugely enhanced our cruise experience with all the tips and information - not to mention a few fantastic Roll Call groups, especially for the transatlantic cruises. Looking forward to many more cruises and many more posts. :cool: Thanks CC!

Not so much a cruise question but just time stamping my 5,000th post. Only took me almost 16 years. :rolleyes: I don't see a lot of the really old timers from before 2001 posting on Cruise Critic. Even for the newer members with 100,000 posts already I don't know how they do it. But CC has been a great resource over the years and hugely enhanced our cruise experience with all the tips and information - not to mention a few fantastic Roll Call groups, especially for the transatlantic cruises. Looking forward to many more cruises and many more posts. :cool: Thanks CC!

Hey Hi Hello........... I woul\d have thought I M in the old timer category Congrtualtions on your 5,000 post. We look forward to seeing many more.

Edited by sail7seas

Laura is gone, Rita, Liz B, Tom C and it makes me sad to think of other names we no long er see here.I lost track of Gizmo and peac hes

Edited by sail7seas

As far as I am concerned as a reader of information and contributor here, it doesn't matter the number of posts a member has - I am looking at the quality of their replies, their integrity, and their attitude and manner with which they post their information. The number of posts doesn't matter to me, it really doesn't. Like you said, anyone can rack up tens of thousands of posts and their content is, well, drivel. ;p

Personally, many of my posts were and are written during my battle with cancer, and my dream of cruising again one day. Cruising takes me away... in more ways than one. :)

Thank YOU for your contribution!

Congratulations on 5,000!!! I started a little later than you, but still awhile ago. To be honest, when I have gone through some dark times the past decade, I have felt a little comfort in coming to CC, looking, and posting. CC helped me step out on my own more after my divorce for pleasure, not just for business travel. And, when I've been in between jobs, my spirits are kept up by "talking" with my CC "friends."

Some people jack up their posting numbers with nothing more than a one-sentence comment. I call those "drive by" postings. You definitely are NOT one of those!! You contribute valuable insights.

Speaking of people no longer here - was Tom C a travel agent, too? I remember a Tom when I first came to CC and he helped me arrange my first cruise. This was back in the day when TAs were part of the conversation as long as they didn't overtly advertise for clients...

Edited by slidergirl

Congratulations - post count seems to speed up the longer you hang around here - I recently hit 10,000 since joining in 2005 -- but the majority were in the past four or five years - as consulting work dried up and free hours multiplied.

As far as I am concerned as a reader of information and contributor here, it doesn't matter the number of posts a member has - I am looking at the quality of their replies, their integrity, and their attitude and manner with which they post their information. The number of posts doesn't matter to me, it really doesn't. Like you said, anyone can rack up tens of thousands of posts and their content is, well, drivel. ;p

Personally, many of my posts were and are written during my battle with cancer, and my dream of cruising again one day. Cruising takes me away... in more ways than one. :)

Well said - and we all know without mentioning the name at least one of the highest posters with the most incorrect and unhelpful information consistently posted.

You, however, are among those with good information and helpful responses. Thanks for your contribution as well!

Congratulations on 5,000!!! I started a little later than you, but still awhile ago. To be honest, when I have gone through some dark times the past decade, I have felt a little comfort in coming to CC, looking, and posting. CC helped me step out on my own more after my divorce for pleasure, not just for business travel. And, when I've been in between jobs, my spirits are kept up by "talking" with my CC "friends."

Through the years I have been here at CC, I leaned on some here for strength to get through two open heart surgeries, , another serious illnesss, took care of my very ill mother and then my dear, dear, very loved husand unttil I lost my mother and then my ..DH I've done a lot of living on CC. ;D

Some people jack up their posting numbers with nothing more than a one-sentence comment. I call those "drive by" postings. You definitely are NOT one of those!! You contribute valuable insights.

Speaking of people no longer here - was Tom C a travel agent, too? I remember a Tom when I first came to CC and he helped me arrange my first cruise. This was back in the day when TAs were part of the conversation as long as they didn't overtly advertise for clients...

"Our" Tom C worked in radio. He had a fabulous sense of humor, was always fun. Years ago, he wrote he was suffering ffom what is usually a terminal illness. H e told us we likely would not hear from him vagain and unless, I missed it, we did not hear romm him.

Don't forget to claim your free cruise.clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

HAH! :') That's so good! I suppose that'd be a walk on cruise on a Washington State Ferry - eastward of course.

Another person I've missed from years ago is RevNeal who posted a lot on the HAL board. I was very happy to learn from a member search I just did he is doing great (as of one year ago) but is so busy with his ministries (including a podcast heard by over 80,000 teens and young adults) that he as dropped out of the cruise critic world... just for now we hope.

I have been here since May/2000, and until you mentioned it, didn't even know how many posts I had.

I'm with Langley Cruisers and am not really concerned with numbers, only the content. I personally wish they would get rid of the post count. My ignore list is getting really long with the 1 or 2 word posters.

You are always very helpful on the Westcoast Departure board. So, Congrats.

Agree with you 100%.

I must add, I am surprised that the top # posters haven't added their say on this thread, after all it would add to their total.:D