Hotel in ft lauderdale

JJJSM

If you look around the board, you will see many threads with your exact question. At minimum, you will see the common recommendation to check sunny.org, which lists all the hotels in the area, with their amenities, including transport.

You will also see the common recommendation not to fixate on free transport. The distances are short, the taxis and hotel shuttles plentiful, and pretty low cost.

CruiserBruce has given you excellent advice.

I too would not let transport by the hotel be the driver in finding a hotel.

Many hotels are relatively close to port and airport and easy to get between via taxi or a service such as UBER and not be dependent on hotel shuttle services.

Keith

Quality Inn - Stirling Rd. (not near beach) I stayed there last December. Lots of transportation options. All comped from FLL or Port to/from hotel. They have several vehicles running at once and are well versed in the airport/cruise port clients needs. Good comped breakfast also.

This past March we stayed at the Hyatt Place Convention, got a great price on valuetrips, this has quickly become my new favorite hotel for a pre cruise stay in Ft. Lauderdale. They offer a shuttle from the airport to the hotel for $2/room, a free breakfast the next day, a shuttle service from the hotel to the pier for $7/person and within walking distance to a shopping mall for last minute cruise items and within walking distance to many restaurants.

This past March we stayed at the Hyatt Place Convention, got a great price on valuetrips, this has quickly become my new favorite hotel for a pre cruise stay in Ft. Lauderdale. They offer a shuttle from the airport to the hotel for $2/room, a free breakfast the next day, a shuttle service from the hotel to the pier for $7/person and within walking distance to a shopping mall for last minute cruise items and within walking distance to many restaurants.

Agree...Sounds "exactly" almost word for word what I have posted many times about my March stay. ;)

Agree...Sounds "exactly" almost word for word what I have posted many times about my March stay. ;)

It's a great spot for sure. I do have to say it was one of your posts that convinced me to give the Hyatt Place a try, the rest is history. Thanks for all your help.

Not to mention they have nice LARGE rooms. I've stayed there before and will again in 3 weeks. I ride a scooter so all I might need is right there from 5 Guys Burgers to Outback to any number of other restaurants plus the mall for shopping AND close to the port.

It's a great spot for sure. I do have to say it was one of your posts that convinced me to give the Hyatt Place a try, the rest is history. Thanks for all your help.

Ahhhh...my pleasure...You are very welcome...So glad it worked out well for you.:D

Hello,

Does the quoted price on Valuetrips include taxes and/or additional fees ? If NO, are there additional fees. Thanks. bob

Not to mention they have nice LARGE rooms. I've stayed there before and will again in 3 weeks. I ride a scooter so all I might need is right there from 5 Guys Burgers to Outback to any number of other restaurants plus the mall for shopping AND close to the port.

Try Gilbert's or Duffy's.

See, to me that sounds expensive. What if you have a family of 5, that's $35.00 plus tip (probably). A taxi or Uber is WAY less than that, right?

Fee shuttles are almost always more expensive for a group of 3 or more than a taxi to Uber from a 17th Street area hotel to Port Everglades. A taxi should be about $15 (dependending on how long it takes to get through port security) and you can request a van taxi that should have no problem accomodating your entire family for the same price as a sedan. Uber would probably be a little less than that but you will probably may need to request the larger Uber car so that might negate or even up the savings (I'm sure someone more familiar with Uber will chime in!).

See, to me that sounds expensive. What if you have a family of 5, that's $35.00 plus tip (probably). A taxi or Uber is WAY less than that, right?

When I enter the info on my Lyft app (Hyatt Place Convention Center to Port Everglades), although the price varies depending on the time of day I check it, the cost is never more than $7 and it's usually less than that. Using standard Lyft you may have up to 4 people per ride. I will be using Lyft for my ride to the port in two weeks.

Does anyone know which terminal the Conquest docks at?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

For my group we thought it was convenient and were willing to pay the price, however, if it's more than you are willing to pay, there are cabs, Lyft and Uber.

Does anybody know how to get the shuttle from FLL to Hyatt Place? Is the shuttle just driving around waiting to pick up passengers (kind of like the rental car shuttles do) or do you have to call the hotel to tell them to send the shuttle to pick you up?

Does anybody know how to get the shuttle from FLL to Hyatt Place? Is the shuttle just driving around waiting to pick up passengers (kind of like the rental car shuttles do) or do you have to call the hotel to tell them to send the shuttle to pick you up?

You call the hotel directly after picking up your luggage...our extended family members that used the shuttle from FLL to the hotel (make sure you get on the convention center one) said it was so quick and easy.....hope you have the same experience.

You call the hotel directly after picking up your luggage...our extended family members that used the shuttle from FLL to the hotel (make sure you get on the convention center one) said it was so quick and easy.....hope you have the same experience.

Thank you! Exactly what I needed to know.

Has any one had a problem with value trips? I read this post and went on the site and saw the Hyatt for $109. I filled out the form last week put in my credit card info and haven't heard anything. I checked my trash mail. Didn't see anything. So I sent an email to them on Monday an still haven't heard anything. What can I do?