WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew: PART 2

C 2 C

25 minutes ago, Orator said:

He started vacation following the April 16th cruise. That means he should be on the first week in August. He told me that he will be on for the crossing April 24th, but with all the changes you can not be sure.

Thanks Orator! 

On 7/2/2019 at 2:55 PM, LBJB2009 said:

Can you tell me who  Captain and who Cruise Director of the Equinox  will be for October 2019? 

On 7/3/2019 at 12:12 PM, Arno. said:

Only guesses.. Either Captain Manetas or a to-be-named master (Tasos perhaps)

Captain Tasos (Kafetzis) posted on Instagram that he will be joining Equinox in November.  Captain Alex is taking over on Solstice (this had been mentioned earlier).

Edited by MisterBill99

Matt Karandreas Just posted: "  I can call today August 2nd as one of the happiest and most important dates of my life. 19 years of hard work, working with and under wonderful persons and professionals had as result today to be officially announced that I am promoted to Captain on our amazing company and will join Celebrity Summit day after tomorrow for 2 weeks handover before I will officially take over on August 18th. "

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Arno. said:

Matt Karandreas Just posted: "  I can call today August 2nd as one of the happiest and most important dates of my life.

I have known about Captain Matt's promotion for quite a while.  I kept my mouth shut.  But, I want to send out a bunch of congratulations to him.  He is truly a wonderful guy, and will be a great Master.  🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texed said:

I have known about Captain Matt's promotion for quite a while.  I kept my mouth shut.  But, I want to send out a bunch of congratulations to him.  He is truly a wonderful guy, and will be a great Master.  🙂

Yes, we agree,  and are so happy for him!

On 7/22/2019 at 1:55 AM, MisterBill99 said:

That's a little early for Captain D. Kafetzis since I thought he left at the start of May (I know he started on 2/3). But I think this is a short stint as Captain Kate will be joining at the end of August, although she might spend a couple of weeks on board prior to becoming Master, as Captain Kafetzis did in January.

We will be on the Edge March 15 2020.  Do you think Captain Kate will still be the captain then?

Edited by Cruise a holic

12 hours ago, Arno. said:

Matt Karandreas Just posted: "  I can call today August 2nd as one of the happiest and most important dates of my life. 19 years of hard work, working with and under wonderful persons and professionals had as result today to be officially announced that I am promoted to Captain on our amazing company and will join Celebrity Summit day after tomorrow for 2 weeks handover before I will officially take over on August 18th. "

Congratulations to Captain Matt!

Look forward to meeting you on your second Summit cruise August 25th.

Wishing you much success.

The promotion was shared at a luncheon we attended 2 weeks ago with the Captain and Senior Officers on Summit that Matt Karandreas Staff Capt. from the Edge would be the new Capt. on the Summit rotation. We are sailing on several Summit cruises next year and look forward to seeing him. We also had dinner with the Capt. and it was confirmed again. Always a great staff and crew on the Summit.

On 7/17/2019 at 4:04 AM, Saab4444 said:

It is not about experience with the ship. A Captain of the cruise line is always with the yard to supervise the final process of shipbuilding and the handover. I assume thereafter he stays on Apex during April and most of May before going on vacation.

So if I book a May cruise I'm pretty likely to get Cpt. K on Apex? That seems to be what I'm understanding from all you kind folks. 

No news as yet to be found for HD Niyazi Korkmaz? 

On 7/30/2019 at 1:31 PM, AmberCascades said:

I haven't seen anything about Reflection lately.  Does anyone know who the CD is/will be in a couple of weeks?

Your CD on Reflection for the British Isles trip will be Guiseppe Moschella aka 'thatcrazysicilian'.

Enjoy your trip - the weather is a bit mixed at the moment!

3 hours ago, EnthDegree said:

Your CD on Reflection for the British Isles trip will be Guiseppe Moschella aka 'thatcrazysicilian'.

Thanks!  I haven't heard of him, but I'm sure we'll have a good time anyway.  🙂

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:55 AM, MisterBill99 said:

That's a little early for Captain D. Kafetzis since I thought he left at the start of May (I know he started on 2/3). But I think this is a short stint as Captain Kate will be joining at the end of August, although she might spend a couple of weeks on board prior to becoming Master, as Captain Kafetzis did in January.

We are due on EDGE on the 19th so we know that Captain Kate will be on board alongside the other Captain. Is this Captain Kafetzis? If so, is he the one who took Silhouette on her first cruises? His name rings a bell but not sure which cruise.

6 hours ago, Presto2 said:

We are due on EDGE on the 19th so we know that Captain Kate will be on board alongside the other Captain. Is this Captain Kafetzis? If so, is he the one who took Silhouette on her first cruises? His name rings a bell but not sure which cruise.

It would be great if you could find out what months Captain  Kafetzis will be on Apex next year. We’re hanging on to book next year, see if we can find out when he’s on. So far I’ve only been sure of April and maybe, maybe May....

And the hotel director Niyazi Korkmaz. It would be much appreciated. 

17 hours ago, EnthDegree said:

Till when is Guiseppe on the Reflection ?

10 hours ago, bettyholidays said:

It would be great if you could find out what months Captain  Kafetzis will be on Apex next year. We’re hanging on to book next year, see if we can find out when he’s on. So far I’ve only been sure of April and maybe, maybe May....

And the hotel director Niyazi Korkmaz. It would be much appreciated. 

Will try as best we can. :-)

On 8/9/2019 at 3:37 AM, EnthDegree said:

On 8/9/2019 at 7:07 AM, AmberCascades said:

Thanks!  I haven't heard of him, but I'm sure we'll have a good time anyway.  🙂

He is hilarious and a great CD!