food hygiene Crown Princess Burger grill

murphyjl

People should just comply and use the hand sanitizer. Maybe it doesn't kill norovirus, but it helps eliminate many other types of viruses and bacteria. I don't know why you would avoid it. It's for your own good. Sometimes people just don't want to do something if they feel they're being told to do it. The hand washing stations on Regal are very nice, I appreciated it. If everyone would do it, it would severely decrease the spread of infection. Some people just prefer dirty hands. I work in a medical college and there is an MD on my floor, I've seen her use the ladies room and just walk out of the stall and leave without washing her hands (on more than one occasion). This is a medical doctor, who should not only be well versed in infectious diseases but also rigorously trained by the hospital she works for on hand hygiene and preventing the spread of infection.

Your doctor knows that urine is sterile and doesn't spread anything. Not true of other eliminations which can spread diseases.

Your doctor knows that urine is sterile and doesn't spread anything. Not true of other eliminations which can spread diseases.

yes it is normally sterile unless you are really sick, but I don't wee on my hands when I am in a stall, its all the other things I have to touch in there that I consider the problem, and that's why I spend a good half minute or more thoroughly washing my hands, back front and between the fingers, and then use a paper towel to open the bathroom door.

They were not pointing at sanitizer, they were holding either spray bottles or pump dispensers and applying to the person. Either way, if ship personnel ask me to do something reasonable with respect to my safety and the safety of others I will opt to comply and endure some mild discomfort (and pack hand lotion to deal with dry skin).

If they insist on spraying my hand I just flip it on the floor & go on my way. I'm not subjecting my skin to something they haven't proven helps with Noro.

I know my hands are clean & don't need their nasty sanatizer.

People should just comply and use the hand sanitizer. Maybe it doesn't kill norovirus, but it helps eliminate many other types of viruses and bacteria. I don't know why you would avoid it. It's for your own good. Sometimes people just don't want to do something if they feel they're being told to do it. The hand washing stations on Regal are very nice, I appreciated it. If everyone would do it, it would severely decrease the spread of infection. Some people just prefer dirty hands. I work in a medical college and there is an MD on my floor, I've seen her use the ladies room and just walk out of the stall and leave without washing her hands (on more than one occasion). This is a medical doctor, who should not only be well versed in infectious diseases but also rigorously trained by the hospital she works for on hand hygiene and preventing the spread of infection.

I totally agree with you, e coli is much more common than Noro and the sanitizer works on that. Anyone who won't use it is a danger to us all. I use it even if I just washed my hands and touched absolutely nothing since, I don't feel I have to make some big production out of refusing.

I totally agree with you, e coli is much more common than Noro and the sanitizer works on that. Anyone who won't use it is a danger to us all. I use it even if I just washed my hands and touched absolutely nothing since, I don't feel I have to make some big production out of refusing.

They obviously think that washing hands is equivalent to using sanitizer . On the Royal/Regal they give people the option to use either.

There's no need to do both.

OMG,what tosh,everyone knows the anus is next to a ladies thingybob lol and by wiping themselves,fecal material is spread also.

If they insist on spraying my hand I just flip it on the floor & go on my way. I'm not subjecting my skin to something they haven't proven helps with Noro.

I know my hands are clean & don't need their nasty sanatizer.

Given such omniscient knowledge, it's a wonder the poster has not be drafted to prescribe world heath regulations.

Utter nonsense. Urine is not sterile.

But one shouldn't need to read the links, simple logic provides the answer. If urine were sterile, how could one ever get a bladder infection?

Given such omniscient knowledge, it's a wonder the poster has not be drafted to prescribe world heath regulations.

It works very well for me & I never get the Noro or anything else so why change now.

Many people claim that they use the sanitizer & still get the Noro.

A couple of thoughts.

First, the OP had every right to feel that cross contamination was happening to his food. I myself would of requested a new bun and explain that what the employee did was incorrect and should not be cross handling raw food with any other food without changing gloves. Yes, I have worked in the restaurant business for several years and had to take a class to teach me about this so that I would not do it. If nothing is stated to the person doing it incorrectly then nothing gets accomplished.

Secondly, I have been thinking about taking a page out of my Mom's book. When she use to go to Las Vegas and had to handle dirty money from the slot machine she would wear white gloves. Maybe I will wear gloves when going through the buffet.:cool:

We're talking about a company that just got busted and fined 40 million for illegal discharge after touting and promoting themselves as conscious and friendly stewards of the environment.

There are people that really believe the corporate line that Princess cares about the safety and health of their passengers?

HINT: Princess cares more about the bottom line. They're a cog in the wheel of a corporation with a primary fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders.

There's a reason that higher-ups aboard give some lip-speak a la: "I'll look into it" or are even downright dismissive with no actual follow through. Princess deals with 10s of thousands of different passengers every week across the entire fleet. Unless some sort of viral video becomes a PR nightmare, the grumbles of a passenger(or few) -- about what one would think is an important issue: proper food handling procedures -- it means very little to them. They'll have another 10s of thousands of new passengers the following week.

Bringing this to the attention of the Princess CC board does very little, as it will be forgotten in a week or two here as well.

Caveat Emptor.

We're talking about a company that just got busted and fined 40 million for illegal discharge after touting and promoting themselves as conscious and friendly stewards of the environment.

There are people that really believe the corporate line that Princess cares about the safety and health of their passengers?

HINT: Princess cares more about the bottom line. They're a cog in the wheel of a corporation with a primary fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders.

There's a reason that higher-ups aboard give some lip-speak a la: "I'll look into it" or are even downright dismissive with no actual follow through. Princess deals with 10s of thousands of different passengers every week across the entire fleet. Unless some sort of viral video becomes a PR nightmare, the grumbles of a passenger(or few) -- about what one would think is an important issue: proper food handling procedures -- it means very little to them. They'll have another 10s of thousands of new passengers the following week.

Bringing this to the attention of the Princess CC board does very little, as it will be forgotten in a week or two here as well.

Caveat Emptor.

The bottom line is what drives the industry no doubt. But I can tell you from personal experience when we have brought issues up, we saw direct action taken, for less offensive situations... so I do believe those working on board do care. So do not be reluctant to raise issues and to the highest level on board responsible.

I'm not subjecting my skin to something they haven't proven helps with Noro.

There are other germs besides noro that you want to protect against, especially some bad bacteria.

I totally agree with you, e coli is much more common than Noro and the sanitizer works on that.

Secondly, I have been thinking about taking a page out of my Mom's book. When she use to go to Las Vegas and had to handle dirty money from the slot machine she would wear white gloves. Maybe I will wear gloves when going through the buffet.:cool:

Studies have shown that money is usually full of germs and also often has traces of illegal substances.

One source says" "Paper money can reportedly carry more germs than a household toilet. And bills are a hospitable environment for gross microbes: viruses and bacteria can live on most surfaces for about 48 hours, but paper money can reportedly transport a live flu virus for up to 17 days."