Embarkation? Time to arrive at the ship?

Redtravel

If they do this, they tell you.

My experience with Oceania has only involved boarding in Miami (so far - we will be boarding in Venice in November...). Oceania boards by suite/cabin category. The suites in one row with priority for the registration desks, Concièrge class in another and the rest in a third. You queue in the three rows and are waived forward in order. In both cases boarding started punctually at 1200.

We were in an Oceania suite the first time, Owners Suite the next. In both cases our suites were available to us when we boarded. As they release suites and rooms they make announcements on the loudspeakers. So get on at 1200, have a nice lunch and then find a quiet place to wait until told to go to your cabin. All very civilised!

hotels will hold your bags until later in the day if you want to go sightseeing before boarding the ship

Depends on what the port city is... if you want to spend more time ashore or not

I would say noon to 2pm is a good time to board it is usually noted in your documents

as long as you are onboard 90 min prior to sailing

Redtravel;

Do you despise your embarkment city? Is nothing there of further interest to you that you would rather Board early and sit around with your luggage, in a zoo atmosphere, until your cabin is ready?

Did you purposely exclude what type of cabin you are in and your assigned Oceania boarding time for a purpose? Off the cuff, my response would the boarding time clearly assigned to you on your documents is when you should show up. Give your bags to the hotel concierge and explore your embarking City.

You can ask for a late check out and if can't get a late check out. Have them hold your luggage and have a nice lunch, after lunch go to the ship.

+1

We usually go after 1pm ..no lines to get on less time to wait for the cabin access

Well here is another perspective. We TRULY love the turkey on embarkation day. We always have an OS, and it is usually available, but it doesn't matter--you leave your luggage with the stevedores and you board with your roll aboard or whatever and have a wonderful lunch. Then it will be ready.

We seldom "tour" on embarkation day. We have been to most of those ports.

No worries..I feel that if you drop your luggage off on the early side it will come earlier than just before dinner.

My perspective only. I love the turkey.

Speaking of turkey, another poster told me another time they had turkey. I hope you read this and refresh my memory????

If I can check out at noon, I probably would go to the ship. By the time you get checked out, in taxi, drive to ship (allow time to for driver to be lost), unload taxi. It may be 1:00 or later. If all goes quickly, then from the ship you can decide if you want more sightseeing.

Recently off a 20 day cruise. We had the roasted turkey 4 times, all on at sea days. One doesn't have to board early on embarkment day to get turkey.

Guess I'm the strange duck, I never go to foreign ports and lands to eat American foods like turkey and hamburgers. Even after all these years, I'm still amazed watching American tourists heading in for a Canadian (Burger King) or American ( McDonalds) burger in foreign ports!

DO YOU HAVE TO BE IN AN OS TO GET THE TURKEY ?

or

CAN ANY CABIN CATEGORY GET IT ? :confused:

LOL,

I'm pretty sure it's available to all in the buffet. I didn't know it was an always available option on embarkation day, although I've never thought about it one way or another. I just always eat what's there.

No turkey!!!! I'll never book Oceania again.

Actually it goes like this. a) every port is different. b). Show up early you will probably go straight through or have a brief wait. Then off to a delightful buffet lunch in the Terrace cafe until your room is ready. There might even be turkey available.

c) Arrive late and go to your cabin. No biggy.