Do dating anniversaries count?

Strophic

Shot in the dark. My boyfriend and I started dating September 24, 2014. If we go on a cruise in late September 2018 for our 4-year anniversary, would the cruise company consider it an anniversary cruise? Is it only marriage anniversaries that count? Do you even need to verify, or will they just take your word for it?

Shot in the dark. My boyfriend and I started dating September 24, 2014. If we go on a cruise in late September 2018 for our 4-year anniversary, would the cruise company consider it an anniversary cruise? Is it only marriage anniversaries that count? Do you even need to verify, or will they just take your word for it?

You can celebrate an anniversary of any number of things.

Don't know that it's a biggie if you want to call 9/24 your anniversary or some other date.

Why should it matter? There are extremely large numbers of people onboard celebrating any number of things - anniversaries, birthdays, new job, graduation, promotions, new baby, delayed honeymoon, whatever.

What is there about an "anniversary cruise" that would make the cruise line's recognition matter?

I seem to recall that for birthdays (and perhaps anniversaries) on some cruises the MDR staff would bring a small cake and sing to someone at dinner. But, even if the cake is free, I'm not sure it is worth lying to get it.

Both last year and this year's cruises I signed up for had a box to check during the reservation process if it was your anniversary, so I assumed there was some perk involved—I didn't expect anything big, but I felt it was at least worth asking about.

Both last year and this year's cruises I signed up for had a box to check during the reservation process if it was your anniversary, so I assumed there was some perk involved—I didn't expect anything big, but I felt it was at least worth asking about.

I don't think every cruise line does things the same, there are so many. Without knowing what cruise line you're going on it's impossible to share relevant anecdotal experiences.

I've seen cakes in the MDR, but someone had to pay for it I'm sure. I do know cruise lines do sell gift packages such as room decorations,flowers,wine/champagne W/toasting glasses and cakes and sweets. For a price of course, but it would make a nice surprise. If you do go on your cruise, Happy Anniversary and have a great time.

Did you get anything on last years cruise when you ticked the box???

I don't think every cruise line does things the same, there are so many. Without knowing what cruise line you're going on it's impossible to share relevant anecdotal experiences.
I didn't see anywhere to indicate special occasions when checking in for Holland America.

Sure, Princess will put a sheet on your door that says Happy Anniversary and a balloon outside your door. If you want it up all cruise put that you will be celebrating it on the first day. We've "celebrated" my son's birthday a month ear,y on a cruise before so we could tell him we took him on a cruise for his birthday :')

There are no perks really, but you get a balloon and others who walk by your door know you are celebrating your anniversary.

So the consensus I am getting here is that yes, there is some level of difference in the experience if you go ahead and check the "anniversary" box, but it's such an insignificant difference that it's not worth putting this much thought into.

In the past- before all the choices in dining- one person would be celebrating a birthday or anniversary and the waiters would bring a cake and sing " happy??" It seemed that after that, every night there was a bunch of celebrations- real or not. In June, on NCL Dawn, the DJ every night would be giving a shout out to " whom ever" for Birthday or Anniversary. Not sure they were all legit but they were always a lot of them and they were always annoying.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Celebrating a four year dating anniversary ?

Maybe the cruise will be one celebrating your engagement ! ��❤️

It will some day! We just don't want to get married too young, we started dating in college. Three more years :)

It will some day! We just don't want to get married too young, we started dating in college. Three more years :)

Now that someone else has mentioned a discount.... on Carnival there was a birthday that we didn't mention and the cruise line gave one of the birthday people 10% off in the spa and nothing to the person who was celebrating on the cruise :'). which was the whole purpose of us 8 women getting together!! lol

So, it doesn't hurt to keep birthdays and anniversaries in your profile or mention that you are celebrating something beforehand. You never know, it could be worth something someday.

My oldest son is getting married next year and we are paying for a big part of it.

After seeing that estimate I highly recommend eloping now!;)

The cost of the wedding isn't a factor, even if it was free I'd want to wait until I was in my late 20's. We'll probably pay for the wedding mostly ourselves with perhaps a little help from my bf's parents...I actually like weddings a lot and wouldn't want to do it on the super cheap, but I'm sure I can strike a good balance of being responsibly frugal and still getting the party I want.

No you can celebrate any anniversary you want... my dh (common law) and I do... we have been doing so for 42 years... if we are on board in September/October we celebrate. No one cares our checks.

My DH celebrates his birthday, he is 80+ on every ship, no mater what month, LOL... once again no one cares or checks... celebrate enjoy yourselves.