re meat pies

Great thread; what other board would have such a great discussion on meat pies. I mentioned this thread to DW. She ran a quick search and remarked, "524 posts and not a mention of a pea floater". More tales of year long trip in her youth.

We try not to mention anything that had its origins in Adelaide,Nick could be watching!clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

To quote Dino, "pizza pie",lol.As I said we order kidneys from butcher and do some home cooking now and then,"thats amore",cheers,Brian.

Bet the locals will be thrilled to hear your rendition of "thats amore" with an Essex twang Go Brian LA LA LALA....lol

Great thread; what other board would have such a great discussion on meat pies. I mentioned this thread to DW. She ran a quick search and remarked, "524 posts and not a mention of a pea floater". More tales of year long trip in her youth.

Go to Page6 of the thread and you will find the dreaded Floater mentioned, don't tarry as Zenaphon may be watchingclear.png?emoji-eek-1725

To quote Dino, "pizza pie",lol.As I said we order kidneys from butcher and do some home cooking now and then,"thats amore",cheers,Brian.

'Amore', sang that on the Princess ships - Princess Pop Choir, the songs:p rarely change.

Jeez mate don't call the pizza a pie, the Mafioso will be after thee.:eek:

That is because us crazy Aussies, Kiwis and Brits are involved. All makes for a laugh on a depressing news day, as most of them are these days.:(

As for 'pea floater.' Has to be the sloppy processed - mushy peas to be authentic. In UK Batchelors made good mushy peas, go well on top of a dogs eye, meat pie, mash spud and mushy peas on top, lubbly jubbly.

'Amore', sang that on the Princess ships - Princess Pop Choir, the songs:p rarely change.

Jeez mate don't call the pizza a pie, the Mafioso will be after thee.:eek:

The yanks call them pies sometimes,I dont know why, they are thin and crispy round the edges,the best in the world here IMO.The mafia are alright,they drink in the same bar as us and are quite friendly,lol.

That is because us crazy Aussies, Kiwis and Brits are involved. All makes for a laugh on a depressing news day, as most of them are these days.:(

As for 'pea floater.' Has to be the sloppy processed - mushy peas to be authentic. In UK Batchelors made good mushy peas, go well on top of a dogs eye, meat pie, mash spud and mushy peas on top, lubbly jubbly.

Crazy, Crazy, who’s crazy?

Coles have a half price special on Balfours Potato Pies and Cornish Pasties this week Through a heap in the freezer for a rainy day .Rather worried about Brian and the mafia,Uncle Les, they are not good after dark.

Just calmly lie on my couch, Mr Gut.

Oh, if you think lawyers and plumbers charge, wait until you get my analyst bill.

"Crazy, I'm crazy for curing you all" (with apologies to Patsy Cline).

Send me a size 44 Straight Jacket I'm beyond the couch,certifiable am I !! clear.png?emoji-tearsjoy-1678

Coles have a half price special on Balfours Potato Pies and Cornish Pasties this week Through a heap in the freezer for a rainy day .Rather worried about Brian and the mafia,Uncle Les, they are not good after dark.
You talking about my singing or their money laundering,lol.

The yanks call them pies sometimes,I dont know why, they are thin and crispy round the edges,the best in the world here IMO.The mafia are alright,they drink in the same bar as us and are quite friendly,lol.

Yes, well we know how the North Americans treat the Queens English.:rolleyes:

Drinking with the Mafia? No horses head in your bed then.lol.:halo:

As for the real Italia Pizza, yes been to Italia a few times, I liked their thin and crispy pizzas with thin topping. When I could eat them, before this accursed Coeliac Disease got me in 2010. Now I hunt out the GF pizza bases.

Wish I could eat those pies mate.:loudcry::(

As for Brian and the Mafia, no worries, they are his drinking buddies, pints of Chianti allround.:halo:

Uncle Mic is missing, has he gone cruising?

Not to my knowledge, not until Pacific Eden - 24 Nov. Uncle Mic could be cruising Lake Burley Griffin in Canberra on Malcolm T's 'Royal Barge.' :')

But Uncle Mic has been AWOL on CC since 4 October, have to send out the search parties.

Mic is off on a tour of India and Nepal for 3 weeks.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Cheers, I hope he got a leave pass from CC.:halo: And an Indian Visa which is a pain to get.

Enjoy, Mr and Mrs Mic and easy on the Vindaloo.

Cheers, I hope he got a leave pass from CC.:halo: And an Indian Visa which is a pain to get.

Enjoy, Mr and Mrs Mic and easy on the Vindaloo.

We had two weeks in India last year. Visa was done online although the process was certainly not intuative.

Hope he does not get Delhi Belly ...:eek:
Or worse. I went to India once, not my cup of tea, too dirty and hot.:loudcry:

But some people like India.. I do like Indian Curry though, provided it comes from a reputable restaurant kitchen. My local golf club has a couple of great Indian Chefs, who do some mighty good curries for lunch and dinner. They are not too good on the pizza making though.:(

We had two weeks in India last year. Visa was done online although the process was certainly not intuative.

Lyndarra - a friend of my did the Indian visa on line and she said it was difficult to download her photos and she ended up getting an agent to do it who charged her $120 ($50 for the on line visa). So did you have any problems doing the on-line visa, do you have an tips? I need to do mine early next year.

Rosie

Wonder if Mic will report back on the pies in India???

No need to go to India at great expense Mr Gut. Many decent pie shops here do a good curry pie.:D

My local bakery at Batehaven does a good curried chicken pie and a good curried beef pie, so I am told.:(:evilsmile: All Mic's Canberran mates come down and here patronise the place, curry pie and lattes galore with the odd blueberry friand for afters.

I would like to see Mic do a review of the Super Hot Vindalo beef pie from the pie cart at the Taj Mahal.