re meat pies

6 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I have seen curry pies before, usually not my favourite pie (the scallop curry pie I had in Tasmania being an exception😋) but I do enjoy a butter chicken so might be better than a stock standard curry pie🤔

Me too, sadly though  the “ commercial” curry pies are not all that “curried” .  On our next parole from lockdown trip I will buy a pack of the butter chicken to try…….hard to eat though with this damn face mask on .😂😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Some great curry pies forv$3.30 from the bakery in Croydon Park , Sydney, just don't  go there just yet.

Covid flavoured? $3.30, cheap as chips.

Local bakery here in Batehaven always has a curry pie on sale.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

Me too, sadly though  the “ commercial” curry pies are not all that “curried” .  On our next parole from lockdown trip I will buy a pack of the butter chicken to try…….hard to eat though with this damn face mask on .😂😂

You need one of these young fella.

nmmckzokogrb4j0a36sf.thumb.png.f02d4e736542a6490667f20270f74160.png.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Covid flavoured? $3.30, cheap as chips.

Local bakery here in Batehaven always has a curry pie on sale.

Rolf is a fan of curry pies and The Cakeman in Lane Cove usually makes a good one, although Rolf complained there wasn't enough curry in the last one he had.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Rolf is a fan of curry pies and The Cakeman in Lane Cove usually makes a good one, although Rolf complained there wasn't enough curry in the last one he had.

Just open it up and whack a bit of curry powder or curry sauce in, lol. Should do the trick.

86501214_2500368760180897_540861460603994112_o.jpg.f7ae41f8c23e51f8e8fd1f5f519ca9ae.jpg

I have just inspired myself 😁 Have got some leftover satay chicken from last night so will get the pie maker out and add a bit of rice and make couple  satay chicken  pies for lunch. ….photo to follow 😁📷

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

I have just inspired myself 😁 Have got some leftover satay chicken from last night so will get the pie maker out and add a bit of rice and make couple  satay chicken  pies for lunch. ….photo to follow 😁📷

Not bad I guess.

F42A75E7-2274-430C-BD36-89AE8974C1F7.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Not exactly pies but made some quick personal pizzas in the pie maker the other night, used some small wraps pizza sauce cheese, then for Mrs Gut Avocado, cherry tomatoes, capsicum, baby spinach and a bit more cheese. Me cheese, ham, pineapple more cheese. Lovely and crisp base easier than a trip to the Pizza shop.

Earlier today did some banana bread and pineapple and macadamia nut cakes in it.

Last night a nice stew, if I’ve got pastry tonight the leftovers will fill a pie or four. 

Wasn’t sure how much use it’d get when we got it, but gets used for something once or twice a week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You sound like you excel in the kitchen Mr Gut.

I just made a simple Ruby Murray. Now ask me what a Ruby Murray is, think Cockney/East End speak, lol.

Hope you didn't go overboard with the spices. ☺️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Not exactly pies but made some quick personal pizzas in the pie maker the other night, used some small wraps pizza sauce cheese, then for Mrs Gut Avocado, cherry tomatoes, capsicum, baby spinach and a bit more cheese. Me cheese, ham, pineapple more cheese. Lovely and crisp base easier than a trip to the Pizza shop.

Earlier today did some banana bread and pineapple and macadamia nut cakes in it.

Last night a nice stew, if I’ve got pastry tonight the leftovers will fill a pie or four. 

Wasn’t sure how much use it’d get when we got it, but gets used for something once or twice a week.

They certainly are a good investment, although you sound a bit more creative than me . When we bought ours, it was the last one in the store and got it home and found the pastry cutter was missing. Tried a couple of times using bowls and other circular  objects then decided to ring Sunbeam to buy another cutter. They were kind enough to send me one FOC although it did take six weeks to get it as the Philipino lady who took my details got them wrong  . 🤔Anyway..a good invention. 👍😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

They certainly are a good investment, although you sound a bit more creative than me . When we bought ours, it was the last one in the store and got it home and found the pastry cutter was missing. Tried a couple of times using bowls and other circular  objects then decided to ring Sunbeam to buy another cutter. They were kind enough to send me one FOC although it did take six weeks to get it as the Philipino lady who took my details got them wrong  . 🤔Anyway..a good invention. 👍😂

Do you buy the pastry or make it, sounds a good investment.  I could get the gf sheets from the supermarket and knock up a filling.

Edited by NSWP

41 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Do you buy the pastry or make it, sounds a good investment.  I could get the gf sheets from the supermarket and knock up a filling.

Not sure what the Michelin star  bloke from Newcastle uses but the shop bought stuff is good enough for me. The Sunbeam book says short pastry for the bottom and puff for the top but I think they all work OK.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NSWP said:

You sound like you excel in the kitchen Mr Gut.

I just made a simple Ruby Murray. Now ask me what a Ruby Murray is, think Cockney/East End speak, lol.

I live near Kurri if that helps.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, NSWP said:

I buy mine too. I don’t bother with the cutter anymore. Just slice the sheet in half lay it over the pie maker, push half the bit (about 1/4 sheet) it into the bowl part, put in my filling flip the other bit over, it seals better, leaves square corners which are just pastry, Maxy gets those bits. Usually use puff but have used short pastry too.

• Like 1

Cake in it is easy just a cake mix (was told to use Greens, but we but the home brand for 70c) forget the eggs, milk or whatever, can or jar of fruit in juice, so far have tried pineapple and mango (if the pieces are too big run them through the blender) mix and spoon into the pie maker, add coconut, Macadamias, whatever takes your fancy. Mrs G likes banana bread, so do similar except the banana is too dry so you need the milk, egg, butter or water the cake mix calls for.

I also try to keep a tin of braised steak and vegetables or the such in the pantry, a quick meal in ye old Pie maker.

You might remember when they called Don Burke “The Lazy Gardner” well I’m the lazy cook.

I was hesitating to buy one, wasn’t sure if we would use it enough, kids gave it to me for Father’s Day last year, gets used a couple of times a week,  now thinking about getting one that makes small pies, mainly for cakes.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I buy mine too. I don’t bother with the cutter anymore. Just slice the sheet in half lay it over the pie maker, push half the bit (about 1/4 sheet) it into the bowl part, put in my filling flip the other bit over, it seals better, leaves square corners which are just pastry, Maxy gets those bits. Usually use puff but have used short pastry too.

Square pies….. Gee I hope Big Ben don't have a copyright on that. 🤔🤔🤔 

Hmmm …………BIg Gut pies has a nice ring to it 😁

30 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Cake in it is easy just a cake mix (was told to use Greens, but we but the home brand for 70c) forget the eggs, milk or whatever, can or jar of fruit in juice, so far have tried pineapple and mango (if the pieces are too big run them through the blender) mix and spoon into the pie maker, add coconut, Macadamias, whatever takes your fancy. Mrs G likes banana bread, so do similar except the banana is too dry so you need the milk, egg, butter or water the cake mix calls for.

I also try to keep a tin of braised steak and vegetables or the such in the pantry, a quick meal in ye old Pie maker.

You might remember when they called Don Burke “The Lazy Gardner” well I’m the lazy cook.

I was hesitating to buy one, wasn’t sure if we would use it enough, kids gave it to me for Father’s Day last year, gets used a couple of times a week,  now thinking about getting one that makes small pies, mainly for cakes.

I use the cake mix with butter and a little milk to make my base for apple and sour cream slice. Thankfully I can get gluten free. I think I will have to get my pie maker out. 

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

Thanks mate……….coming from you that is high praise indeed.😂😂😂

No such thing as leftovers not getting used anymore, 

Roast dinner, pop it in a pie, verges and all

Feed of Chinese, pop it in a pie

Stew, pop it in a pie

Some extra fruit, no worries pop it in a pie

Steak and vege, pop it in a pie.

In fact Last time I bought a pie was when we took a little road trip out to Merriwa last week, before that I’m really not sure.