Crystal Blocks

Noreen411

2 hours ago, RobInMN said:

Just got mine for Jewel from a cruise about 3.5 months ago.

It's our first. It's shockingly heavy for it's size.

Yes, they are heavy.  I once had an extended trip where I ended up carrying 3 home in my carry-on bag.  TSA decided they wanted to open and check each one of them.

4 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

Yes, they are heavy.  I once had an extended trip where I ended up carrying 3 home in my carry-on bag.  TSA decided they wanted to open and check each one of them.

Had a TSA employee in New Orleans tell me I could not fly with a crystal block.  When I asked to see a supervisor, she told me the person working with her was her supervisor.  I pointed out that they both only had one stripe on their shoulders, and supervisors have two or three stripes on their shoulders.  She then called over a supervisor (who had three stripes) and he looked at the block and advised that I could fly with the block.  As I walked away with my block, I could hear the supervisor asking the two what they were thinking.  

• Like 3

On 10/7/2022 at 10:05 PM, WeMissSeaView said:

Had a TSA employee in New Orleans tell me I could not fly with a crystal block.  When I asked to see a supervisor, she told me the person working with her was her supervisor.  I pointed out that they both only had one stripe on their shoulders, and supervisors have two or three stripes on their shoulders.  She then called over a supervisor (who had three stripes) and he looked at the block and advised that I could fly with the block.  As I walked away with my block, I could hear the supervisor asking the two what they were thinking.  

yes pays to keep trying for the voice of reason.  

On 10/7/2022 at 10:05 PM, WeMissSeaView said:

Maybe TSA is run by RCI customer service reps. You know, just keep asking until you get the answer that you want.😄

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, rolloman said:

It used to be they would give you your block while on the ship if you made the required number of points during that specific sailing. Do they still do this or is everything by mail? 

You have a choice provided they have a supply on the ship. You fill out a form to have it delivered to your cabin, have it shipped to your home, or to decline the block.

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You have a choice provided they have a supply on the ship. You fill out a form to have it delivered to your cabin, have it shipped to your home, or to decline the block.

None on the ship as far as I know.  I got the block I earned in April on the Jewel in September.