Continuing on from New York to Montreal on the Mariner!

SGolffan

Hoping that the ship gets a thorough cleaning so that there won't be a risk of a code red on every cruise. I can only imagine how frustrating it must have been to board a ship that was already in a code red situation and the last I heard, if 4 more passengers had become ill, there would have been another code red. While I understand that passengers bring this onboard and Regent does everything within its power to prevent the illnesses from spreading, it is not fun to be on a cruise when the ship is code red and/or there is a fear of getting ill.

We are paying particular attention to this because the Mariner was in code red when we disembarked September 9th (my DH was sick for a week and a half after disembarkation) and we will be boarding the Mariner again in less than two months, Maybe people in Asian countries know what they are doing when they walk around with masks on their faces.

Hoping that the next segment is non-eventful ......... no sickness and no hurricanes!

Enjoy the next part of your cruise. I think the weather could be quite different as i believe Eastern Canada is enjoying a bit of a heat wave right now. Not sure how it is affecting the fall colors but at least it seems you might have better weather.

Looking forward to your posts.

Heat wave is almost over, and I believe it's already over in eastern Canada. Halifax is mid-teens celsius today, but not much rain in the forecast from Friday to Tuesday.

Around here (Ontario), the leaves are turning early because of all the rain we got this summer. Not sure how the intense heat will affect this, although it's not been so intense to the east, just unseasonably warm.

In reality, nobody can actually tie how the Noro gets on a ship. It could be passengers, crew, onboard hygiene issues, food, etc. While passengers make up the majority of the humans on board until the "carrier" or source of the Noro can conclusively be identified, all thoughts about the source are strictly guesses and certainly not conclusive.

In reality, nobody can actually tie how the Noro gets on a ship. It could be passengers, crew, onboard hygiene issues, food, etc. While passengers make up the majority of the humans on board until the "carrier" or source of the Noro can conclusively be identified, all thoughts about the source are strictly guesses and certainly not conclusive.

This topic was debated ad nauseam on the Oceania board and turned quite ugly. I'm sure that this isn't what the TS wants to happen on this thread. Regent did not have a Norovirus issue - it had a flu issue, so, I suggest that we drop this and wait for more reports from the ship.

Wendy - thanks for the weather forecast. Strangely, we are having a two-day heatwave in the Pacific Northwest -- go figure!

We had quite an interesting cruise from San Francisco to New York. Looking forward for the next ten days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking forward to your continuing reports; thanks for posting.

:confused: Not sure why this thread immediately veered off towards illness on board :confused:

:confused: Not sure why this thread immediately veered off towards illness on board :confused:

:pOf course we all know how this thread veered off toward illness and probably Noro!! :halo::cool:

Hi! We enjoyed a wonderful day in Midtown today and found an incredible pizza spot...imagine that!

We are still on code red as of now and Regent is doing every precaution around the ship. The Captain announced last night no new cases were reported in 24 hours! Per maritime requirements in order to lift the red code no new cases in 48 hours. Hopefully, it will be lifted.

Enjoy the next part of your cruise. I think the weather could be quite different as i believe Eastern Canada is enjoying a bit of a heat wave right now. Not sure how it is affecting the fall colors but at least it seems you might have better weather.

Looking forward to your posts.

Thanks, appreciate it!! It was warm in NY today!

Looking forward to reading your post on the trip. We haven't sailed on Regent to NE Canada. Hope it is wonderful Enjoy the trip!

I'll post pictures! Throughly enjoyed coming to dock yesterday in Manhattan and seeing the beautiful Statue of Liberty! 11ac7e28f787c4859392ed8ad88cdca4.jpg

Out of concern for passengers!:rolleyes: Passengers on two Mariner cruises in a row have had influenza issues (100% not Noro - not even the same symptoms) and code red. It sounds as if things are under control and certainly hope that they stay that way.

I did read that the leaves were turning early this year but the TS will likely let us know more about this.

df7b7a06dcbeea4a64663794aa46cdb1.jpg

We also visited the Intrepid sea, air & spacecraft museum today right next to us! Great experience. We viewed the Concorde supersonic plane that achieved flying from NY to London 2 hrs and 53 mins! Wow!

Wow, great photo of the Concorde, we were lucky and took the Concorde years ago round trip. Once in a life time, something I will remember--took us a little over 3 hours each way. But I'm enjoying your trip already, keep the post coming with the photos----thanks for taking the time and enjoy your trip. If you go to Prime 7 and have the prime rib from the cart let us know how it was--I know it's odd but that will be a highlight during our cruise in November:DReally! Rick

If you go to Prime 7 and have the prime rib from the cart let us know how it was--I know it's odd but that will be a highlight during our cruise in November:DReally! Rick

You were fortunate to have flown that beautiful plane!

Hopefully the TS will let us know if there is a prime rib cart in P7 as we have never seen one. Could this be something that is specific to Oceania's Polo?

Please keep up the great reporting and pics! Looks as if you are having some gorgeously sunny days!!

Jackie: I'm pretty sure I've seen a prime rib cart in P7.

Z and TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for letting me know. Guess I just haven't paid attention. The "cart" that I'm happy to see return is the cheese cart in Chartreuse but it may only be on Explorer. Actually, IOO (in our opinion) everything that is great seems to be on Explorer. I'll be interested to get your "take" on the Mariner (as well as the rest of the group that we sailed with last November). I think that we were so spoiled by that ship that going back to the others is a disappointment (which in itself is a disappointment).

Thanks for letting me know. Guess I just haven't paid attention. The "cart" that I'm happy to see return is the cheese cart in Chartreuse but it may only be on Explorer. Actually, IOO (in our opinion) everything that is great seems to be on Explorer. I'll be interested to get your "take" on the Mariner (as well as the rest of the group that we sailed with last November). I think that we were so spoiled by that ship that going back to the others is a disappointment (which in itself is a disappointment).

Jackie - I agree with you-- as one of the folks who sailed with you on the Explorer last November, I fell in love with this new ship. When we sailed on the Mariner this past April, we were so disappointed. Perhaps, we were comparing it to Explorer. It was just looking "so tired". The staff were still "Regent". All were determined to make the voyage wonderful. Looking forward to sailing the Explorer again, in less than two months.

Sheila

We also visited the Intrepid sea, air & spacecraft museum today right next to us! Great experience. We viewed the Concorde supersonic plane that achieved flying from NY to London 2 hrs and 53 mins! Wow!

Wow, great photo of the Concorde, we were lucky and took the Concorde years ago round trip. Once in a life time, something I will remember--took us a little over 3 hours each way. But I'm enjoying your trip already, keep the post coming with the photos----thanks for taking the time and enjoy your trip. If you go to Prime 7 and have the prime rib from the cart let us know how it was--I know it's odd but that will be a highlight during our cruise in November:DReally! Rick

Wow! Awesome, what a great experience for you both on the Concorde!! We enjoyed dinner at the Compass Rose tonight and had a filet. Not odd...we also enjoy great food moments. Will do if we go to Prime 7.

Tonight we are cruising and thankful once again to see the beautiful Statue of Liberty at night. Not the greatest picture; however, what amazing sight. My Grandmother came from Sweden and knowing what she saw coming into our GREAT country was so meaningful! Along with my hubby and his family.