Grand Princess Public Decks

alwalaska

From the deck plans, it looks like there are mini public deck areas aft on decks baha, Caribe, and dolphin. Is this the case?

Also are there forward facing public areas on any of the decks?

We decided on the Grand Princess out of San Fran for this coming Feb, now looking for a good interior cabin.

From the deck plans, it looks like there are mini public deck areas aft on decks baha, Caribe, and dolphin. Is this the case?

We decided on the Grand Princess out of San Fran for this coming Feb, now looking for a good interior cabin.

Aft viewing on Baha, Caribe, and Dolphin: Nope, nope, and nope

Forward viewing: Lido and Sun (small)

Thanks all. From the pictures of the outside of the ship I didn't see how the aft ones were possible, but it showed doors heading out the corners on the deck plans.

Good to know about the forward ones on Lido and Sun. There were some small ones on Island that a lot of people didn't know about at the front of the ship under the bridge and the pictures I saw looked similar.

The best public deck aft is the terrace pool area on decks 12, 14 and 15

There are also less used areas on deck 16 aft with two hot tubs. There is not much shade in this area. Not sure what you had in mind, but a nice seating area is the area right outside the Wedding Chapel on deck 15 aft. The promenade deck is also a nice place to sit and relax. Indoors try the Conservatory on deck 15 above the indoor pool.

Thanks all. From the pictures of the outside of the ship I didn't see how the aft ones were possible, but it showed doors heading out the corners on the deck plans..

I believe those doors are emergency exits. There is a stairwell in that area (the shopping cart handle), that leads down to Deck 7.

I believe those doors are emergency exits. There is a stairwell in that area (the shopping cart handle), that leads down to Deck 7.

The crew uses those exits and they can also be used in case of emergency.

The Grand no longer has the shopping cart handle (Skywalkers) ... it was removed several years ago.

Thanks all. From the pictures of the outside of the ship I didn't see how the aft ones were possible, but it showed doors heading out the corners on the deck plans.

Good to know about the forward ones on Lido and Sun. There were some small ones on Island that a lot of people didn't know about at the front of the ship under the bridge and the pictures I saw looked similar.

They are crew stairs. Sometimes passengers are directed to use them during muster.

The crew uses those exits and they can also be used in case of emergency.

The Grand no longer has the shopping cart handle (Skywalkers) ... it was removed several years ago.

We were on the last cruise before it was removed, and you knew exactly what I meant.

We were on the Grand last year and some of my family had interior cabins. They were in a great location, at the aft of Aloha deck. They were about 8 cabins up from the aft door that leads out to the Terrace Pool and one deck of stairs up to the buffet. In the mornings they would just walk down the hall, out the door and upstairs to the buffet. And a beautiful view off the back of the ship.

Thanks all. Especially for the info on where to hang out. I'm going to miss a balcony, but this is a save money year. :rolleyes:
Aww as my F W (those of you from the mid west, thats "frisky wife") posted on #4 I would like to add. For a nominal fee, say a two olive Tanqueray martini and conversation as "cover charge" our hospitality and rear view is available. Hours depending of course :D