Mean & Nasty Passengers

seanan2

Was it elevator related? That’s my only problem. Why on earth would you try to get on a crowded full elevator?

Especially when the elevator is full and two 300 pounders say "we will fit in" then proceed to enter and cannot figure out why the elevator won't work - cant fix stupid

Was it elevator related? That’s my only problem. Why on earth would you try to get on a crowded full elevator?

i'm convinced there's a secret rule that as soon as the doors open you are to rush in and try to get to the back of the elevator. otherwise why would someone do that?

ive learned on a ship that all rules of decency are out the window. you have to fight/cover for an elevator after shows/muster. or you will never get on.

i'm convinced there's a secret rule that as soon as the doors open you are to rush in and try to get to the back of the elevator. otherwise why would someone do that?

ive learned on a ship that all rules of decency are out the window. you have to fight/cover for an elevator after shows/muster. or you will never get on.

Easier to just go to the next elevator bank than trying to get on right after show or muster.

11 cruises and we have never really experienced very rude people. I have seen older folks who think that because they are old that they can be constant whiners and think they are entitled to get in front of a line such as in the buffet or whatever. But in general, have found most people to be friendly. It wouldn't ruin our cruise since we would just stay away from them.

I agree with others, there are rude people everywhere. It's a shame that you let it ruin your & your mom's cruise. For every rude person, there are probably a dozen or so that are lovely individuals that more than make up for the rude ones. Personally, I pity those that can't show compassion for others, especially the elderly or handicapped, as they must be truly miserable people. But I refuse to give these people power over my happiness, I just try to stay my distance & ignore them. Agreed, though, that more details are needed before jumping to too many conclusions.

People were very well behaved on my Alaska cruise, on the Grand, in September.

So, it isn't all Alaska.

Of course, the Grand from San Francisco is ten days, so it is a longer cruise.

Also, there were many, many Asian passengers on this cruise. Several Asian languages were being spoken. The Asian passengers were all well mannered and respectful, so they set good examples and good tone. It was easy for the rest of us to follow suit.

I have been on cruises where there was bad behavior, but the Grand's September Alaska cruise, the one with Tracy Arm, was wonderful:)

Hi Everyone -

Thanks for your support.

My mom is the sweetest, funniest older person you'd want to meet. That's why I vacation with her - she is just awesome.

More Details -

We were at muster - we always get places early so we can have a seat (we've both cruised before many, many times - so we know what to expect). Anyhow, we were seated at the front and there was a railing in front of us. An "idiot" stood leaning against the railing with his butt in my moms face - she kindly asked him to move and he was extremely rude in his response to my mom so I told him to "Be nice that is my mom", he told me "Shut up Fat A**". The conversation descended from there. It was awful - both my mom & I tried to forget this experience but it's been hard. There were other encounters too. Simply awful.

Thanks for the support - much appreciated.

Never met any in all of our cruises. Maybe a few dim witted ones, some rude in terms of their conversation topics/comments, but not mean or nasty. At least not that we know of. Same for all of our travels really.

But, there can be cultural differences that could sometimes be interpreted as rudeness etc. but may not in fact be so.

nasty is everywhere. on NCL in haven you get priority disembark by waiting in the lounge. by the design, if you are in the lounge 1st you probably go far into it and sit in a comfy seat. however the entrance is a long hall thats narrow and you have to stand. point being, get there late, you are standing, but you are by the door.

this guy , who was alone. came in after us and stood across from us. then a large family with kids came in. of course they were closer to the exit hallway. he couldnt stand it. he actually waved down a crew member and whined that all those people were cutting in front of him. are you kidding me? you are already getting priority disembark and you worry about stuff like this. he kept going on and on how it's unfair etc etc. never mind he was in front of 90% of the people in the room, himself

what took the cake is when they took us to the secret elevator that guy was in front of us then stood by the elevator and said 'i have to wait for my family to catch up' and let everyone go in front of him

my guess is his family was in the back of the lounge or something. really messed up. total dbag.

Easier to just go to the next elevator bank than trying to get on right after show or muster.

True, but let’s say that you climbed a flight of stairs already and finally got on. Then as you ride the elevator more and more get on. I am talking people sideways...

True, but let’s say that you climbed a flight of stairs already and finally got on. Then as you ride the elevator more and more get on. I am talking people sideways...

Yes, "people sideways" is what it takes on the elevators at times and it is rude to take the attitude "I finally got my space, you're out of luck." - Squeeze in, people. SHARE.

Same with seats at muster drill. OK, you got your seat - congratulations. Don't begrudge someone leaning on the railing in front of you. SHARE.

Also - a note about elevators. When waiting for an elevator, please realize that there will probably be people on the elevator when it arrives who will need to get off before you can get on. Don't stand right in front of the door when waiting. SHARE.

I think it is just a given that you will encounter some surly people at the muster drill. First they are told they cannot bring their beverages in with them, then that the seats near the entrance are reserved for those who specifically need them. My mom who cruised with us until she was 86 was always offered that section in the muster station and yes the latecomers always glowered at us for sitting there.

I knew, as did she, that people snickered behind her back at the little old lady tooling around with her walker. But the only others who would "get in her face" telling her she was in the way & that there was no room for her where she wanted to go (she was an expert at folding up the walker and squeezing into tight spaces when necessary, by the way) would be her fellow seniors. I still don't really get it.

Yes, "people sideways" is what it takes on the elevators at times and it is rude to take the attitude "I finally got my space, you're out of luck." - Squeeze in, people. SHARE.

Completely disagree with this. If there is no space, wait for the next one. Squishing people in like sardines is rude.

Also - a note about elevators. When waiting for an elevator, please realize that there will probably be people on the elevator when it arrives who will need to get off before you can get on. Don't stand right in front of the door when waiting. SHARE.

Yes, that is a pet peeve of mine. You would think that it would be a "no brainer" to let people than need to get off first.

On several occasions, my wife and I have been unable to leave an elevator due to the passengers pushing in before anyone could get off.

On each occasion I was standing next to the control panel - so I just held the "door open" button.

When asked why I was doing so by one of the pushers, I smiled and said "because there are a number of people on this elevator who want to get off on this deck. Perhaps you'd kindly let them do so?"

VP