Club class with friends.

Mrs.Gosse

Hello friends. We just booked a club class mini Suite for the Regal in November. Will we be able to bring family and friends who will also be traveling with us who will not be Club class?

The only reason we even booked a club class mini was because of how much quicker dinner service went by. Now we're thinking that was probably a perk that will go to waste if we can't bring in our family. It would be maximum of three people. Possibly only one. There are only two of us in our room so at the very maximum it will be 5 guests.

Sorry if this is a repeat thread. I seem to have no luck searching for topics through my phone in the app. If there is a thread that someone wants to post a link to I would welcome it. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

The host/hostess has a clipboard with a list of the names in a particular cabin. First time there, they'll ask cabin number and check cruise cards to confirm name, then validate against their clipboard. The other three names won't be on the list, and cannot join you.

We stay in suites and prior to the introduction of Club dining, without asking, we were always unofficially allocated a table in Freedom Dining. This table was always available and we never had to book or stand in line and our friends dined with us every evening and were also able to enjoy the benefit not having to queue.

I stress we did not seek this benefit, it just happened, but it was so obvious that the table had been reserved for us that on evenings when our group went to Select Dining, we made a point of telling the Restaurant Manager that we would not need 'our' table on that night and we were always thanked for letting them know.

Now that we have Club we have accepted that, in order to dine with friends who are not in Club, we will have to forego our place in Club Dining and stand in line with everyone else waiting for a place in Freedom Dining.

You, I'm afraid will need to do the same.

Also on the star Club class dining was half empty every night. Onder night they sat the 2 of us at a 6 top and asked if we would share. No one else ever came in and half the tables remained empty. So it was a FAIR question.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

The reason they remained empty was because they were limited to Club Class and full suite passengers. They need to have empty tables to keep their commitment to no waiting for those passengers who PAID for it. If they filled up these tables with friends and family of suites and CC who didn't pay then it wouldn't be a perk worth paying for and would fail.

Just to add why I have this prospective, I usually sail in suites and would resent waiting for a table because someone who didn't pay for the amenity caused me have to wait. Same is true for breakfast at Sabitini's, why should I be kept waiting because someone who didn't pay the significant price difference for a suite got a it.

Edited by cruzsnooze

[...]in an upcoming cruise, I, too, am in a CC mini with friends in a deluxe balcony. I had the same question as you and learned too that will not be eating dinner with them, but there is always breakfast and lunch!

Not asking to be smart/mean/nosy...just genuinely curious and/or confused.

Club Class Dining is offered for breakfast and sea day lunch as well as dinner.

Since you obviously know you cannot bring your friends along at those times as well, are you saying you are planning to skip that daily benefit in order to have all daytime meals with your friends?

If so, you are way more generous than I would be--I would want every Club Class meal I paid for.

The reason they remained empty was because they were limited to Club Class and full suite passengers. They need to have empty tables to keep their commitment to no waiting for those passengers who PAID for it. If they filled up these tables with friends and family of suites and CC who didn't pay then it wouldn't be a perk worth paying for and would fail.

Just to add why I have this prospective, I usually sail in suites and would resent waiting for a table because someone who didn't pay for the amenity caused me have to wait. Same is true for breakfast at Sabitini's, why should I be kept waiting because someone who didn't pay the significant price difference for a suite got a it.

I mention in my original post that we may have wasted our money on club class if our friends can't join us. That PROVES I had no intention of bringing our friends if they were not allowed. I asked a simple question. I usually travel in a suite as well and I would likely not know if someone in the half empty (always) sabitinis was not in a suite because they would be at a table that was already occupied by their suite bearing friends, just like it would be in club class. We never asked to bring anyone in there as it is a suite perk and seems different to me then club class. But yes I would be mad about that too if I had to wait. This is our FIRST time NOT sailing in a suite.

I mention in my original post that we may have wasted our money on club class if our friends can't join us. That PROVES I had no intention of bringing our friends if they were not allowed. I asked a simple question. I usually travel in a suite as well and I would likely not know if someone in the half empty (always) sabitinis was not in a suite because they would be at a table that was already occupied by their suite bearing friends, just like it would be in club class. We never asked to bring anyone in there as it is a suite perk and seems different to me then club class. But yes I would be mad about that too if I had to wait. This is our FIRST time NOT sailing in a suite.

First of all I never said you you were bringing your friends, I just gave my prospective of this perk which is the same as Sabitini's. Why do think Sabitini is different then club class? It's the same to me, a dining venue exclusive to suites (or club class) who paid for it. Sorry if you took my post as anything but my opinion, you obviously are conscientious and want to do the right thing.

It's the Brits. Translate to ATD.

Mr. Steelers,

That’s good to know. I was totally thinking of something different. I thought you had to loosen your belt before you sit down for dinner..:eek: :o

I almost forgot Go Patriots!!!!

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Mr. Steelers,

That’s good to know. I was totally thinking of something different. I thought you had to loosen your belt before you sit down for dinner..:eek: :o

I almost forgot Go Patriots!!!!

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Hardly wait for Dec 17 and we will settle AFC top seed.

Not asking to be smart/mean/nosy...just genuinely curious and/or confused.

Club Class Dining is offered for breakfast and sea day lunch as well as dinner.

Since you obviously know you cannot bring your friends along at those times as well, are you saying you are planning to skip that daily benefit in order to have all daytime meals with your friends?

If so, you are way more generous than I would be--I would want every Club Class meal I paid for.

Yep, aren't I nice? I usually find that we have no problem getting into Main Dining Room for breakfast or lunch with no wait. Dinner is just a pain with Reserving ATD!! So my main use of CC for dining will be for dinner. Now if my friends have other plans, then of course, will use CC dining for breakfast and dinner. As far as the extra dish, not a problem for us to miss.

Pooh