best foods on Princess

Cancruizer

Really truly believed that the Princess room service burger with fries was almost as good as anything you could get onshore BUT so disappointed with three recent cruises. The pattie is now a shrunken version of its former self and the bun is a soft, seedless, sweet thing. So disappointed.

That’s not good. I always thought it was good too.

Hi All,

I know this has been asked before (and I've done a search), but I am curious about which foods or drinks you would recommend on Princess in 2017. I am sailing on the Crown Princess, Southern Carribean. We've been away from Princess for a few years and remember the amazing Fettucini Alfredo and the International cafe having a good shrimp salad. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

My favorite dessert is served at lunch only in the MDR. It’s a chocolate pecan pie and outstanding. If you are fortunate enough to have an Alfredo’s the veal stuffed ravioli is delicious. And here’s another vote for the goat cheese soufflé.

regal: international cafe. the cheesecake! the beef steak pie thing

buffet the beef stew was a surprise.

UBD the filet was best i had and the crab was great too.

alfredos pizza i had 2x it was so good.

and actually the grill and room service hot dogs were pretty good.

The filet of sole served in the MDR for lunch is very good. Barramundi and king clip served for dinner is also very good. Hell, it's all good.

i didnt know what king clip was so scared to order it as much as i like to try new things. went with the meatloaf which was good. waiter looked at gf like she was nuts when she didnt want the mushroom sauce though. must been unusual request.

i didnt know what king clip was so scared to order it as much as i like to try new things. went with the meatloaf which was good. waiter looked at gf like she was nuts when she didnt want the mushroom sauce though. must been unusual request.

I always order the Kingclip....it always used to be in the first night's menu.....then they dropped it for a few years, and then about 5 or 6 years ago, it reappeared on a mid-cruise night's menu. Love it....

I don't know if it's on the normal embarkation day MDR lunch menu, or if's a special menu for BVE (bon voyage experience) guests, but the expresso ice cream is the best ice cream I've ever (almost) had. My friend ordered it, and I tried a bite. I couldn't believe how strong the coffee flavor was! I tried to order it at dinner and couldn't get any. I sail in less than 2 weeks, with a friend doing the BVE, and I plan on a light lunch and a double dessert!

IMHO Princess soufflés are out of this world. We have tried them on other ships and they just can't seem to do them. Our recent experience on NCL was very poor, the soufflé was not cooked but quite raw inside. We always look forward to the Grand Marnier soufflé. I don't know how they manage to produce such amazing soufflés in a mass produced kitchen.

It's always my first dessert of the cruise at lunch in the dining room on embarkation.

For those that love barramundi should do a google search on that fish.

Give me a hint here, is there something not good about barramundi that I should know about? I googled it but didn't see anything that jumped out as bad/scary. :confused:

Baramundi is farmed fish, produced in Asia. I follow the issues around sustainable fish closely and generally speaking avoid farmed fish (bad for the environment and full of chemicals to kill sea lice), and the Asian fishery has been problematic for both production methods and treatment of employees. (Thai Shrimp produced by virtual slaves) That said, my google search did not uncover any credible sources speaking against the product.

apparently, there is no Parmesan bowl Alfredo anymore...

We enjoyed it in April of 2016 on Regal, but in Nov 2016 it was absolutely horrible on Caribbean princess.

Sad but true, I miss the Parmesan bowl

Baramundi is farmed fish, produced in Asia. I follow the issues around sustainable fish closely and generally speaking avoid farmed fish (bad for the environment and full of chemicals to kill sea lice), and the Asian fishery has been problematic for both production methods and treatment of employees. (Thai Shrimp produced by virtual slaves) That said, my google search did not uncover any credible sources speaking against the product.

Barramundi is a well known thick white flesh fish caught in Australian waters. It is sweet and delicious fresh fish heaven especially if fried in a light beer batter. Fisherpeople in our country prize their catch of Barra. It is not to be confused with some of the fish that Asians call baramundi. If you get a real one you'll know the difference.

Do you have to go to the dining rooms to get the better desserts.

I can remember some very good desserts and ice-cream in the MDR on our last cruise on the Coral.

For example, I am hearing about the orange souffle. And, there are other good desserts.

We might not choose to dine in the MDR every night on our next cruise, as the Buffet on the Regal is supposed to so much better!

The Buffet on the Coral was just... bad.

Thanks!

Do you have to go to the dining rooms to get the better desserts.

I can remember some very good desserts and ice-cream in the MDR on our last cruise on the Coral.

For example, I am hearing about the orange souffle. And, there are other good desserts.

We might not choose to dine in the MDR every night on our next cruise, as the Buffet on the Regal is supposed to so much better!

The Buffet on the Coral was just... bad.

Thanks!

I have never seen ice cream on the buffet. I don't doubt you though. You can go to the MDR for just dessert. Just go to the ATD line. The desserts are better in the MDR.