best foods on Princess

Cancruizer

Hi All,

I know this has been asked before (and I've done a search), but I am curious about which foods or drinks you would recommend on Princess in 2017. I am sailing on the Crown Princess, Southern Carribean. We've been away from Princess for a few years and remember the amazing Fettucini Alfredo and the International cafe having a good shrimp salad. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

We were having breakfast on the last day with friends, who had done the driving. We usually don't eat the last morning -- too depressing and stressful.

She said we absolutely had to have the James Beard french toast --- french toast is not something mass-producing kitchens would normally do well, but we ordered it on her instance. It was incredible.

We leave next week on the Ruby and I'm already looking forward to the last morning (I'm told they usually have on some other days as well - we'll be watching for it) :D

2Q==

goat cheese souffle is awesome and I do not even like goat cheese. go figure
true, it is awesome, and I don't care for goat cheese either.

I personally go for anything with shrimp in it (not fried, though) and love it. I also try most soups (unless they have beans or onions). I can no longer enjoy sweet cold fruit soups, though (too much sugar), but when I could enjoy them, I found them to be spectacular.

My friends love Beef Wellington.

The dessert that shocked us all on Regal was Semi-Freddie. It's a hazelnut mousse dessert and it was shockingly good. That was a year and a half ago, and we still talk about it.

We sail in 3 weeks on Regal, and I am salivating already. Can't wait! Yes, cruises are the time of pure, unadulterated gluttony for me personally.

We were having breakfast on the last day with friends, who had done the driving. We usually don't eat the last morning -- too depressing and stressful.

She said we absolutely had to have the James Beard french toast --- french toast is not something mass-producing kitchens would normally do well, but we ordered it on her instance. It was incredible.

We leave next week on the Ruby and I'm already looking forward to the last morning (I'm told they usually have on some other days as well - we'll be watching for it) :D

2Q==

CRUZBUDS: I hope that you read this before you leave on your cruise. This is also my favorite thing to eat for breakfast..............heck any meal. Now just so you know I had this french toast from the first breakfast to the last, EVERY DAY in the MDR on my last two cruises. It might not be on that day's menu, but all I did was ask about it and for it and they brought it to me!!!!!! So I had it with two poached eggs every day! So please don't wait until just the last day or when you see it on the menu. Just ask for it anyway!!!!! Pooh

My most favorite dessert I just discovered on my last Princess cruise to Alaska last year. We went to the Pub Lunch which unfortunately was just one sea day on our 7 day cruise. The food was pretty British(as we sat next to a British couple who told us this! Grin) Then I ordered the bread pudding dessert and it was sooo buttery, sweet, hot, and just plain delicious! So I am hoping for our next cruise that they have a Pub Lunch or several and they serve this dessert and haven't fooled with its recipe in any way!!! I mean it was that good and I have been around when it comes to desserts!:halo:

Pooh

My most favorite dessert I just discovered on my last Princess cruise to Alaska last year. We went to the Pub Lunch which unfortunately was just one sea day on our 7 day cruise. The food was pretty British(as we sat next to a British couple who told us this! Grin) Then I ordered the bread pudding dessert and it was sooo buttery, sweet, hot, and just plain delicious! So I am hoping for our next cruise that they have a Pub Lunch or several and they serve this dessert and haven't fooled with its recipe in any way!!! I mean it was that good and I have been around when it comes to desserts!:halo:

Pooh

Been meaning to try it and think you just convinced me. Thanks

Pooh

If you are in UK and you want it then make sure you ask for bread and butter pudding. Bread pudding is a quite different product there, dark, cold, vine fruity, filling and delicious.

My mother and grandma used to make both in order to use slightly old bread up.

2Q==

It's not on the menu but you can order that French Toast at any breakfast. Get it with a side of bacon and you're good till supper.