best foods on Princess

Cancruizer

I have tried the pub lunch three times, the first time it was very good, the other two times it was greasy garbage. The white fish in the mdr is white fish. The mdr desserts are average. I like the escargot, goat cheese, Beef Wellington, and Norman Love Chocolates. I think the pasta is basic and simple recipes, the MUTS popcorn is popcorn and the cookies are good hot, but average later in the day. The french toast, I haven't tried. If someone mentions the prime rib (rib roast) as great, I will disagree in the strongest way. I have found most main course items in the specialty dining venues to be very good. The sausage variety and flavor is good. Most of the soups are quite good. Sandwiches at IC are good. Crab shack is okay, but I'm from the NW. The pizza is not my style of pizza, but still better than most cruise ship pizza. The Indian style food is usually good, but not that much variety. The sushi is limited in quality. Sometimes the steaks and salmon in the mdr are great, other times no so much.

My point to posting is that food is subjective as is stated many times on these boards. I like to try items on every cruise, because every time things are different. Yes, I will try things that were terrible one cruise again, to see if it is a regular problem or just a one off. 50 cruises down and I've never gone hungry. :)

Oatmeal raisin cookies.. honestly, I rarely eat oatmeal raisin cookies outside of Princess Ships and if someone recommends it to me on a msg board, I would probably ignore it. But fresh baked Oatmeal raisin cookies is one of the best things onboard.

Also... Lido deck pizza (though bit greasy), any Norman Love dessert (not sure if they still have it or how much longer they'll have it), most seafood appetizers, sandwiches at International Cafe toasted, tiramisu, etc

We were having breakfast on the last day with friends, who had done the driving. We usually don't eat the last morning -- too depressing and stressful.

She said we absolutely had to have the James Beard french toast --- french toast is not something mass-producing kitchens would normally do well, but we ordered it on her instance. It was incredible.

We leave next week on the Ruby and I'm already looking forward to the last morning (I'm told they usually have on some other days as well - we'll be watching for it) :D

2Q==

Please describe James Beard French toast.

I haven't tried it on Princess, but I do like the Soup of the Day, when it's a nice Irish Whiskey, with a garnish of ice floating in it, served chilled :D

I believe that's a "favorite" that's offered every evening in the MDR, you may just have to ask for it off the "special" menu ;p

I've heard they also have a cold barley soup that is also available daily, again may have to ask for the "special" menu. Serving sizes are normally either 12 or 16 oz, but sometimes an extra large is available (although asking for a 2nd serving is generally perfectly acceptable) :halo:

I loved the barramundi, which I think is a normal fish dish. Also in Alaska they had some amazing AK seafood available, though that's presumably itin specific

Wow, thanks so much for many suggestions. I didn't know fish n chips were available in the pub - yum! I do love the pizza. I will definitely need to try the James Beard French Toast... that's a new one for me!!

I used to love Princess cheesecakes, but the last time we were on a Princess cruise they weren't anything special.

I thought the deserts were all beautiful, but not that tasty. Looked much better than they tasted... what I loved were their oatmeal cookies. The meats and seafood were really average and not any better than the outback steak house or red lobster:( fruits were good, but hard to mess up fresh produce.

Did the pub lunch and dish&chips were great! The freshly cut and made French fries in the HC were very good. Like someone said food taste is very subjective, My wife is a great baker so most foods on the ship are not as good as those made at home. The best part is we just arrive and eat the meal:) no meal planning or cleanup afterwards. oh, Alfredo's pizza is wonderful as well.

When we were on the Emerald they had stopped the basket, serving just the pasta on it's own. TBH I prefer it without the basket 😂

Same on Caribbean Princess in January -- just the pasta ... no basket.

We also rather have it without the basket.

Princess does a great job with pasta, I often do a small order as an appetizer. I’m also partial to the dessert soufflés. I also love the pizza. And I enjoy most of the items at the International Cafe for a light meal or snack

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please describe James Beard French toast.

They use mashed up corn flakes to coat the toast before cooking it. My partner loves it. I love the mussel pot in particular usually served on the last night in the MDR. They sometimes have mussels in the HC at night but not the same method of preparation and not nearly as tasty.

For those that love barramundi should do a google search on that fish.

Asking again PLEASE if anyone knows.

We don't go to MUTS but would love to go for some HOT Popcorn if it's an All Day thing.

well, it's Movies under the Stars, so I've only seen the popcorn when the stars come out.

P.S. we were so full after dinner every night, that we had no space for any popcorn in our stomachs. DS did enjoy some because his dinners were not as gargantuan as ours.

Asking again PLEASE if anyone knows.

We don't go to MUTS but would love to go for some HOT Popcorn if it's an All Day thing.

Night only.

But feel free to go up grab a bag or two and head back to your cabin.

Really truly believed that the Princess room service burger with fries was almost as good as anything you could get onshore BUT so disappointed with three recent cruises. The pattie is now a shrunken version of its former self and the bun is a soft, seedless, sweet thing. So disappointed.