Baked Potato?

tjcletzgo

They should be able to provide a baked potato every dinner. We often ask for (and receive) steamed white rice, which is often not on the menu. But with all the Filipinos and Asians in the crew, they always seem to have white rice available!

We will be sailing the Ruby on December 9 and I have a question: If an entree has white rice can you substitute a baked potato?

Do they have baked potatoes ready each night?

Thanks so much for any info :cool:

They have them.

We will be sailing the Ruby on December 9 and I have a question: If an entree has white rice can you substitute a baked potato?

Do they have baked potatoes ready each night?

Thanks so much for any info :cool:

My husband has always been able to get a baked potato in the main ining room for dinner.

You'll probably still get the rice BUT you can also have a Baked Potato on the side without a problem.

Enjoy! :D

I never thought of asking for that. Love baked sweet potato, but DH doesn't. So of course the only time I can get them is when we go out...if it's on the menu.;)
If you love baked sweet potatoes, you should make them for yourself and not worry that DH doesn't like them. It's like me and brussels sprouts--DH doesn't like them, which leaves more for me. (I also cook them a lot when he's not around.)

On the Coral, even in the Streakhouse... (bayou cafe) we had to ASK for a baked potato.

Seriously!!!!

They acted like we asked them to swim ashore and buy some and bake them and bring them to us. : (

Finally showed up with a tiny, lukewarm, potato, no butter or sour cream or anything.

The Coral REALLY needs an acceptable steakhouse.

Princess' waiters will be glad to get you anything to mix-and-match...If one item offers fries and steak and another baked tater and fish, you can ask for the fries with the fish, and a veggie from something else entirely.

On our first Trans-Atlantic there was an entrée of Pork Normande with mixed veggies (which I detest as an unholy creation of an evil entity) and something else with braised red cabbage, which I thought was the perfect addition (It was). No problem, sir, coming up!

We asked for and received baked potatoes instead of rice on our recent Star Princess cruise. The first time they were barely warm and very small. The next time we mentioned that and they were somewhat warmer and small. Also make sure to ask it to be served with whatever you want as extras, butter, sour cream, etc. If you dont want a long wait.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can always ask for any side dish that is on the menu that night (listed with another entrée). It does take the waiter a little longer to get it, but it may be more likely to be hot. If you order a standard item, then the waiter goes to the kitchen and picks it up from the warming table. If you ask for something mixing two menu items, then the waiter goes to the kitchen and orders it, and someone in the kitchen has to prepare your plate to order.

If you want something that is not on that night's menu, it may or may not be available. They can often have special requests available if you ask the head waiter the night before.