Ovation to Alaska

I understand why Ovation has to go to Vancouver since this will be two cruises instead of Explorers one.

Is Ovation home porting in Vancouver or Seattle?

Could we stay on to get to Seattle or would that be in violation of the Jones act?

There seems to be a few days to get her on schedule if she's home ported in Seattle.

I understand why Ovation has to go to Vancouver since this will be two cruises instead of Explorers one.

Is Ovation home porting in Vancouver or Seattle?

Could we stay on to get to Seattle or would that be in violation of the Jones act?

There seems to be a few days to get her on schedule if she's home ported in Seattle.

Vicki,

It’s the Passenger Vessel Service Act (Jones Act is cargo). If you embark in Sydney and disembark in Seattle you are OK. If you embark in Honolulu, then no, you can’t stay on to Seattle.

I realize that they have to go to Vancouver because it’s 2 cruises now, but why couldn’t they just have kept it Sydney to Seattle, like the Explorer.

Does anyone know what will happen after Ovation’s Alaska season? Have they withdrawn her from Asia?

In 2018 season...Ovation sails from Sydney for several months. With another Quantum ship headed to Asia in 2019, odds are Ovation will sustain their Australia/Alaska runs in 2019. We won't know for sure until the 2019 season schedules are released.

Vicki,

It’s the Passenger Vessel Service Act (Jones Act is cargo). If you embark in Sydney and disembark in Seattle you are OK. If you embark in Honolulu, then no, you can’t stay on to Seattle.

I realize that they have to go to Vancouver because it’s 2 cruises now, but why couldn’t they just have kept it Sydney to Seattle, like the Explorer.

I know the prices will be much greater, but look at the positive. This will be two cruises and we can bring more wine!

Agreed. Ovation is also nice for those of us who have already done the more port intensive Alaska itinerary on Radiance. I'd make a second trip just for the views from Two70 and the North Star.

We're already planning to be on Ovation in September 2019, whether it be an Alaska or Pacific Coastal cruise.

Same here, been waiting for the 2019 schedule and just about given up on what we wanted, round trip out of Seattle or Vancouver. But to be able to cruise a Quantum class there is just the ticket, actively looking again come Dec. 11:hearteyes: The only class we haven't done yet. Been there done that, don't need no inside passage.

How many kids do you figure would be on either of those cruises at approaching 23 days? I like my odds.

I meant compared to Explorer - same time of the year. And with Ovation being two segments, there might be a few more kids on the Hawaii - Vancouver leg.

I meant compared to Explorer - same time of the year. And with Ovation being two segments, there might be a few more kids on the Hawaii - Vancouver leg.
There was more kids than I thought there would be on our Explorer TP last month.

I would guess 40. Most were Australian.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

40 is not a lot. There are half that already on the cancelled Explorer TP 18 months out just on our roll call.
Still more than I thought.

After emailing Explorer's concierge....Our friends left there son in Seattle with his cousins as they believed he would be lonely with no one his age (14).

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I would prefer a 23 day, but a split cruise would probably be better anyway. I think the Aussie kids would more likely be on the leg to Hawaii in April. We did a TP 1/2 cruise way back when in 2003 on the Legend. There were very few kids on board, mostly fat Swiss people to watch Alinghi win the America's Cup. Great trip. That is when I got my MINI when we got back from Hawaii. I am looking at replacing my MINI after 14 years.... So maybe a little Deja Vu...:halo:

JC

What is the Broadway-style show on Ovation?

It doesn’t have one..... they do a dance show but no broadway show. That could change for Alaska but Royal doesn’t do broadway shows on any ships based in Australia & Asia.

Aussie Cruiser