Mariner of the seas

scott2165

Thanks guys. I'm leaning toward this cruise. We did the same itinerary last year on the enchantment and really want to try a new ship and new itinerary but this seems to be a good way to introduce our daughter to cruising and not break the bank.

Mariner was my first RCI cruise, celebrated my "half century mark" in style with a GS. Got spoiled immediately. ;)

Will be wonderful to have her back home to PC where she started her cruising life. She was the only brand new RCI ship to be based here. :cool:

She is presently homeport in Singapore and I am on her once a month.

Needs to freshen up but notice the more serious vibration and deck chair ratling on top deck. Maybe cavition problem.

We will be on her in Singapore in February, can't wait. Booked one night at the Marina Bay Sands, but couldn't afford more than just the one :D

John, how did you find rates for Jan. 2020? I'd love to cruise MR again after her update.

Short Caribbean (Mariner, Navigator, Enchantment 3 and 4 night) itineraries were released this morning.

Canada/New England and East Coast to Caribbean (Bermuda mostly) are being released December 5th, and Alaska and Europe Phase 1 are being released December 12th.

We are super excited to have a ship the size of Mariner for our short cruises! We have been on Adventure, Explorer and Voyager, but not Mariner, so really looking forward to it. Hubby loves the Promenade down the middle of the ship.

We were surprised to get a bigger ship for our 3 night cruises but super happy about it. Have 2 booked for next fall, and will start booking our 2019 short cruises soon. Have our long cruises booked already, so just need to get the short ones for 2019 booked.

We are considering a Mediterranean cruise in 2019, probably one with Barcelona. Would these be considered Phase 1?

My understanding is Phase 1 will be summer and fall 2019.

Brilliance of the Seas doing 7 night Med from Barcelona in the fall

10 Night Iberian Penninsula from Amsterdam

12 Night Baltics from Amsterdam

Jewel of the Seas doing 7/9 Night Greek/Western Med from Rome

Oasis (Summer Only) doing 7 night Western Med from Barcelona

Rhapsody doing 7 Night Greek Isles/Greece and Croatia from Venice

Serenade doing 7 Night Norweigian Fjords/Scandinavia from Copenhagen

Vision doing 12 Night Med and Venice/Greek Isles from Barcelona

Phase 2 next spring will then be 2019 winter into 2020 spring

My understanding is Phase 1 will be summer and fall 2019.

Brilliance of the Seas doing 7 night Med from Barcelona in the fall

10 Night Iberian Penninsula from Amsterdam

12 Night Baltics from Amsterdam

Jewel of the Seas doing 7/9 Night Greek/Western Med from Rome

Oasis (Summer Only) doing 7 night Western Med from Barcelona

Rhapsody doing 7 Night Greek Isles/Greece and Croatia from Venice

Serenade doing 7 Night Norweigian Fjords/Scandinavia from Copenhagen

Vision doing 12 Night Med and Venice/Greek Isles from Barcelona

Phase 2 next spring will then be 2019 winter into 2020 spring

Where do you see the Trans Atlantics fitting in?

Pretty sure the Ovation Trans Pacific will be released with the Alaska cruises around Dec 11

We are Explorer refugees and we have to decide if we are taking Ovation by Dec 21, I believe.

Pretty sure the Ovation Trans Pacific will be released with the Alaska cruises around Dec 11

We are Explorer refugees and we have to decide if we are taking Ovation by Dec 21, I believe.

No confirmation (to my knowledge, but I'm expecting to see the TAs around second week of December. We know Oasis Transatlantic will be May 10th and return will be end of October, because their first cruise from Miami is November 10th, 2019 and their last cruise from Port Canaveral is April 28th, 2019. Since the Europe cruises in between those are being released December 11th/12th I'd imagine the transatlantics will be as well.

Mariner was our first cruise, so a very special ship for us. We sailed on her four years in a row with our children, and our good friends and their kids. So many good times on that ship! Happy to hear she's coming back to Florida. Would love to sail on her again. When will she come back? Canaveral again?

Mariner was our first cruise, so a very special ship for us. We sailed on her four years in a row with our children, and our good friends and their kids. So many good times on that ship! Happy to hear she's coming back to Florida. Would love to sail on her again. When will she come back? Canaveral again?

I believe she is scheduled to come back in 2018. I've seen reports of her coming back to PC, but so much is up in the air right now, I'm not sure anymore.

Mariner will be sailing from Miami in 2018 and then moves to Port Canaveral.

John are you guys considering the Ovation TP? I am likely to book at least one leg of it.

JC

John are you guys considering the Ovation TP? I am likely to book at least one leg of it.

JC

Not sure. We get $1,000 discount, but I paid just over 5 grand for a balcony and an inside for the whole trip on Explorer.

Also trying to find a NZ cruise I can add to the front of the first leg. Then fly home from Hawaii.

I can pretty much guaranty we won't do the second leg by itself. Unless it's really inexpensive. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Edited by John&LaLa