No Show at Port...how does this work?

Doralice

Hi I have a question about one passenger being a no show. When I booked the cabin, my sister, cousin, and myself were planning on this cruise. Now our cousin has backed it, and so far it seems it will just be myself and my sister (no problem with this).

This is the thing, we scored a great Aft balcony cabin and don't want to loose it. We are willing to eat the cost of the third person. My question is: How do we make the third passenger a no show? I know it can be done, but how? Do I just tell the person checking me in that the third passenger didn't show?

We don't sail till June, but it has us worried that we will loose this cabin. [emoji853]

You won't lose your cabin. The cruise line has your money...they don't care if NONE of you show up! You will simply be refunded port fees and taxes for the no-show. That's all. To be a "no-show" you will NOT cancel that person in advance, tho. You can simply say upon check in, "sorry, the other person can't make it"...that's all.

Hi I have a question about one passenger being a no show. When I booked the cabin, my sister, cousin, and myself were planning on this cruise. Now our cousin has backed it, and so far it seems it will just be myself and my sister (no problem with this).

This is the thing, we scored a great Aft balcony cabin and don't want to loose it. We are willing to eat the cost of the third person. My question is: How do we make the third passenger a no show? I know it can be done, but how? Do I just tell the person checking me in that the third passenger didn't show?

We don't sail till June, but it has us worried that we will loose this cabin. [emoji853]

Don't volunteer any info about the third person. If asked, I'd say you expect them a bit later.

Hi I have a question about one passenger being a no show. When I booked the cabin, my sister, cousin, and myself were planning on this cruise. Now our cousin has backed it, and so far it seems it will just be myself and my sister......

I may be missing something here. But, you are well before final payment, and Aft Balcony cabins are usually set-up for a minimum of 2 persons. Unless you got a special deal on the first 2 cruisers, you should be able to cancel the 3rd person and get a full refund of the deposit paid so far for that person. It would be a shame to pay the full final price in April when you could have cancelled now.

Shouldn't happen with a third person cancellation, but I'd still do the no show.

I may be missing something here. But, you are well before final payment, and Aft Balcony cabins are usually set-up for a minimum of 2 persons. Unless you got a special deal on the first 2 cruisers, you should be able to cancel the 3rd person and get a full refund of the deposit paid so far for that person. It would be a shame to pay the full final price in April when you could have cancelled now.

Why would one choose the “no show” option (when you are well before the final payment date and can cancel the 3rd person now)?

Why would one choose the “no show” option (when you are well before the final payment date and can cancel the 3rd person now)?

Why.....For us the reason was simple....We had four cabins in a row on HOTS and didn't want to lose any of them. The price that I had gotten for each of these was so extremely good that the decision was easy for me.

I'd be concerned that the stateroom would be repriced and/or changed to a 2-person stateroom. You never know with Royal.

You won't lose your cabin. The cruise line has your money...they don't care if NONE of you show up! You will simply be refunded port fees and taxes for the no-show. That's all. To be a "no-show" you will NOT cancel that person in advance, tho. You can simply say upon check in, "sorry, the other person can't make it"...that's all.

This is correct.

Keith

I'd be concerned that the stateroom would be repriced and/or changed to a 2-person stateroom. You never know with Royal.

That's why I wanted to check with those who have experience. I've read on the forums that people have been moved when there are only 2 in a room that will hold 3 to 4.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can cancel the third person up to 14 days prior to sailing and receive a full refund. I would doubt that the cruise line would make you change cabins that soon before sailing.

I second this suggestion. There’s another poster on here trying to add a new foster son to her booking at the last minute and unable to due to the ship being at capacity. I seriously doubt you’d lose the room so close to booking and if there was anyone else on your sailing in a similar situation it would free up a spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I had an aft balcony I wouldn’t take the chance that royal would move me if I cancelled the third person. I booked my son with us in an balcony for spring break 2019 that I know he will not be with us. It’s the only way you can book one of those balconies. His 3rd person fare was only $600. Well worth it for the size of those balconies. He’ll just be a no show. Who knows, maybe royal will screw up and give him the C&A points anyway. One can always hope.

I second this suggestion. There’s another poster on here trying to add a new foster son to her booking at the last minute and unable to due to the ship being at capacity. I seriously doubt you’d lose the room so close to booking and if there was anyone else on your sailing in a similar situation it would free up a spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your cabin would have to have the same lifeboat station for that to be a factor.

That's why I wanted to check with those who have experience. I've read on the forums that people have been moved when there are only 2 in a room that will hold 3 to 4.

How much would you lose if the 3rd person is a no show?