Msc seaside cabin photos only!

sidari

What is the other 5% ?

So far the Miramar bar and Aurea bar have not been open but that could be due to the cool weather, there have been issues with the central elevators 6/8 not working, 4 Glass panels replaced on an Infinity bridge and at least one on the Bridge of sigh`s, One Glass panel on the Aft elevators, a burst pipe on deck 12, the Sports bar repainted and tiles replaced that had fallen off.

The slideboard tube closed due to leaks, the kids wet play area flooded.

So lots of teething problems, a larger group of workers joined the ship in Messina from Fincantieri.

This sounds like a lot of issues to address before the 23rd. Is the source reliable?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is the other 5% ?

So far the Miramar bar and Aurea bar have not been open but that could be due to the cool weather, there have been issues with the central elevators 6/8 not working, 4 Glass panels replaced on an Infinity bridge and at least one on the Bridge of sigh`s, One Glass panel on the Aft elevators, a burst pipe on deck 12, the Sports bar repainted and tiles replaced that had fallen off.

The slideboard tube closed due to leaks, the kids wet play area flooded.

So lots of teething problems, a larger group of workers joined the ship in Messina from Fincantieri.

Hopefully nobody dropped off the back on the bridge of sighs.

I'm surprised they have spare panels handy to replace those.

Tatiana ... The person who gave me the info is a Police officer from Australia and is currently sailing in GS 11001 where they have a Dining table but no chairs!

We talked for about an hour via Facebook messenger about some of the issues one of which was the cabins either side of him.

The people in those outer GS are not happy that they were not told about the fact that they are only 1 Bed and 1 Bath.

So far they have not had any issues with meal service in the Dining Room and have a good waiter who is on the ball.

Sorry in advance if I am posting on the wrong thread (there are probably four or five that this could go on!), but I had a question after seeing the video on the accessible interior Yacht Club cabin. We will be in the one on the floor below, and with the limited closet space I had a question on the two objects circled on the photo below of the one hanging closet. At first glance, they seem to be blocking hanging space, but I am left wondering if actually is something that would allow a second bar for hanging clothes, like shirts, or short items. My thinking is that wheelchair access to the upper bar would be difficult, and I was hoping that this would possible double the hanging space in the closet. I have not sailed on MSC, but Carnival had a set-up on some of their ships that had the double curtain rods. I'm hoping some of you may have had experience with what these things in the closet are for. Thanks

access%20closet.png

Tatiana ... The person who gave me the info is a Police officer from Australia and is currently sailing in GS 11001 where they have a Dining table but no chairs!

We talked for about an hour via Facebook messenger about some of the issues one of which was the cabins either side of him.

The people in those outer GS are not happy that they were not told about the fact that they are only 1 Bed and 1 Bath.

So far they have not had any issues with meal service in the Dining Room and have a good waiter who is on the ball.

The 1 bedroom GS problem is going to be a real mess for MSC for a year or more. When I booked all of the GS were still advertised as 2 bedrooms, but from reading here I was pretty certain that the one we booked was a 1 bedroom when I booked it, and it was still a good deal. I haven't decided whether to pursue a remedy or not. Separate cabins won't work for us because we have our two young children sailing with us. I'm not sure what I'd ask for if I did pursue it.

I do wish one of the corner suite guests would post some photos...

Sorry in advance if I am posting on the wrong thread (there are probably four or five that this could go on!), but I had a question after seeing the video on the accessible interior Yacht Club cabin. We will be in the one on the floor below, and with the limited closet space I had a question on the two objects circled on the photo below of the one hanging closet. At first glance, they seem to be blocking hanging space, but I am left wondering if actually is something that would allow a second bar for hanging clothes, like shirts, or short items. My thinking is that wheelchair access to the upper bar would be difficult, and I was hoping that this would possible double the hanging space in the closet. I have not sailed on MSC, but Carnival had a set-up on some of their ships that had the double curtain rods. I'm hoping some of you may have had experience with what these things in the closet are for. Thanks

access%20closet.png

Sorry. Picture did not come through.Closet.jpg.d56cb7bb6c878692e3a710d9cbf7b83f.jpg

Sorry. Picture did not come through.[ATTACH]412562[/ATTACH]

It's the hinge for the moveable rack where you can hang clothes. It's so you can pull the rack down to access clothes if you're sitting in a wheelchair. Hope this makes sense.

Well, at least the food and waiters are good. I haven't seen too much complaints on those. I'm curious to know.. the people on the ship now... are they all regular paying customers or are they travel agents and PR reps?

Does anyone know which cabins will have the sofa "bunk" bed and which ones might have the traditional double sofa bed? It looks like in the video of 9064 that it may be the "bunk" style, but the balcony cabin on deck 15 appears to have a different type of sofa.

Gert ... Those cabins are S2 Fantastica Balcony Suite not S3, I believe we have a mutual friend in Scotland .. :)

ljs123 ... So far no sign of any photos of those Two cabins.

For anyone who has booked an Aft Suite, be aware that you will have the Balcony Glass cleaner for company!

24852310_10214508580053093_2357301056120746295_n.jpg?oh=7c0f34da1c2fbf6010d160bb12492cc9&oe=5AD68D10

24774991_10214508593253423_5537231660906432894_n.jpg?oh=5f1753a301d128d9b156bcbefd2522e1&oe=5AD4A21D

Sid - Do you think your friend in 11001 can get us any Intel about the cabin and balcony of 11002 or 11003? Thanks

Gert ... Those cabins are S2 Fantastica Balcony Suite not S3, I believe we have a mutual friend in Scotland .. :)

If I am correct the friend will be on the cruise with me just up in the YC.

Regarding S2 / S3 my paperwork from booking states my cabin is an S3 and this is still the case even when I look up my booking on the MSC website. HOWEVER. On the deck plan it is definitely and S2. I think there must have been some change to the plans after we books two years ago is all. Still love to see a photo of any of the suites on the slant of the ship. Cheers! :)

ljs123 ... So far no sign of any photos of those Two cabins.

For anyone who has booked an Aft Suite, be aware that you will have the Balcony Glass cleaner for company!

24852310_10214508580053093_2357301056120746295_n.jpg?oh=7c0f34da1c2fbf6010d160bb12492cc9&oe=5AD68D10

24774991_10214508593253423_5537231660906432894_n.jpg?oh=5f1753a301d128d9b156bcbefd2522e1&oe=5AD4A21DI am willing to put up with that for the rest of the view.

Gert ... Yes that is the friend ... :D I think MSC made a mistake the one next door is an SJ3 so could be a typo.

MD 99 ... None have been posted anywhere as yet as soon as they do and if I see them they will be added here, seems to be very few being posted at the minute.

All the Bella and Fantastica cabins are identical, it is the unusual ones such as those and the S2 that Gert has mentioned that we have yet to see.

TC ... Did not see him online yesterday so I guess he would have been out and about in Cadiz or Seville, might catch him later today.

Azyaya ... While it will be a pain and to be honest annoying, that thing being out there will not spoil our cruise.