Help me choose from 3 Med cruises?

phabric

I have never been to the Med before. With the 2019 Med cruises coming out I am thinking of one these 3, 7 day cruises.

Date order.

1- Med & Aegean - Sept 7/19 - Emerald Princess

Rome, Salemusa, Kotor, Corfu, Crete, Mykonas, Athens

2- Med & Adriatic - Oct 20/19 - Sky Princess

Athens, Kotor, Corfu, Sicily, Naples, Barcelon

3- Med - Nov 3/19 - Sky Princess

Rome, Kotor, Corfu, Valletta,Sicily, Naples, Rome

Which one would you choose and why?

As you make your decision think of where you might want to spend time before the cruise as I would not fly in the day of the cruise. Rome is one I would recommend. The advance of number 3 is that it is R/T air to Rome which might be priced better then the other two Time of year is good too.

Keith

I would choose the Sept voyage on the Emerald but would certainly look to book the Sky at some point later.

My reasons include 6 ports vs a busy 7 on the bottom one so it would be a little more restful, the ports are a little more interesting to me due to haven visited more on the others, Sept weather would likely be slightly more enjoyable than late Oct or later.

Haven’t looked into your choices so don’t know how many days each one includes or cost comparison but I enjoy a sea day or two mixed in to relax a bit. The weather may not be a huge deal depending on how long you plan to stay in Europe before/after your voyage.

There is really no wrong answer as each one has many interesting ports.

I have never been to the Med before. With the 2019 Med cruises coming out I am thinking of one these 3, 7 day cruises.

Date order.

1- Med & Aegean - Sept 7/19 - Emerald Princess

Rome, Salemusa, Kotor, Corfu, Crete, Mykonas, Athens

2- Med & Adriatic - Oct 20/19 - Sky Princess

Athens, Kotor, Corfu, Sicily, Naples, Barcelon

3- Med - Nov 3/19 - Sky Princess

Rome, Kotor, Corfu, Valletta,Sicily, Naples, Rome

Which one would you choose and why?

Go your number 1 Don' t miss Rome and Crete if you like the ancient times and history , forget Naples. Signed done the Med so many times I could become a tour guide ps Athens is a wee bit hot in early Sept.

May I add one suggestion, but don't know if this is possible for you. You will be spending money on your flights and coming into new cities that you will want to visit. May I suggest you also consider, at least, a cruise that is a tad longer, like 10 to 12 days? When we did our probably one and only Med. cruise, I picked an itinerary I liked of course, but that had sea days in between as this Med. Cruising is Really Port intensive. I also picked a cruise doing a RT out of the same city for cheaper flight situation. Ended up doing a 12 day RT out of Barcelona and was glad that I flew in 2 days early to see this wonderful city. So I guess I am saying that doing all that flying over the ocean and doing 7 days only is going to go really quickly. So just wanted to give you something else to think about! Grin.

As far as your cruises go, I would do the second. Like the time of year; you will be on the new ship; and you will get to see Barcelona!!!!! (Really ended up being one of my favorite places-hope the current political thing will be over soon) If you do the second cruise, please make time to stay an extra day or two to enjoy Barcelona!

Pooh

I would do the 2nd cruise too. I would also do a longer cruise if you can. 7 day cruises in Europe are way too short for the long flight over. We have done 3 Med cruises and I loved them all. We have also been to Rome several times and while it is one of my favorite cities, we just did a cruise on Oceania that started in Lisbon and ended in Barcelona where we stayed

after for 3 days. Barcelona is my new favorite city. We absolutely loved it and we were there in mid Oct. and the weather was beautiful and warm.

We also visited Kotor on another med cruise and it is a very lovely place to visit. Good luck with your decision.