Constant Marketing E-Mails

jsf

Since we booked are cruise we have been bombarded with e-mails to upgrade or buy packages. The closer to the cruise the more e-mails, I don't want to block out or drop my e-mail address from RCCL for fear of missing something important. I'm wondering if this approach works for the cruise line or is it upsetting cruisers. I think we get at least one offer a day now.

How do you feel?

J.

I get spam from online retailers we shop from, airlines, RCCL, etc etc. Delete and move on, could care less.

Life is too short to let something so trivial be annoying.

I hear you. I travel a lot, so airlines, cruise lines, hotel chains - but my delete button works very well.

Since we booked are cruise we have been bombarded with e-mails to upgrade or buy packages. The closer to the cruise the more e-mails, I don't want to block out or drop my e-mail address from RCCL for fear of missing something important. I'm wondering if this approach works for the cruise line or is it upsetting cruisers. I think we get at least one offer a day now.

How do you feel?

J.

J,

As long as you complete your online check in, and print your documents, you won’t miss any critical emails. All of the cruise lines are sending more and more emails, as they anticipate that each mailing has the potential to drive a sale. Unfortunately, this will not only be done in email, but when you board the ship, all the way until you depart the ship on the last morning of the sailing.

You can’t blame the employees for doing their job while aboard the ship, but a friendly, “I’m not interested,” and they will back off your case.

Have a wonderful sailing!

Celebrity Silhouette

Celebrity Summit

Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas

Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas

Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas

How do you feel?

J.

Lately I've been thinking about how much email I receive from RCL. It's almost daily and it's too much. I also don't want to miss something so I've not unsubscribed, but have been annoyed as of late.