O'Sheehans Menu- have you tried....?

Sand and Seas

For all the times we have been to O'Sheehan's on various ships, we have never tried Shepherds Pie. Is this something we are missing out on?

I will say that I have tried and enjoyed 'Bangers and Mash'. It has a delicious onion gravy over those mashed potatoes and the bangers were mild and enjoyable as an acceptable late breakfast for someone who slept in way too long.

It appears that on the Bliss they are replacing O'Sheehan's with a pub called 'The Local' which will probably have a different menu.

What do you think is a not to be missed item on a good pub menu?

For all the times we have been to O'Sheehan's on various ships, we have never tried Shepherds Pie. Is this something we are missing out on?

I will say that I have tried and enjoyed 'Bangers and Mash'. It has a delicious onion gravy over those mashed potatoes and the bangers were mild and enjoyable as an acceptable late breakfast for someone who slept in way too long.

It appears that on the Bliss they are replacing O'Sheehan's with a pub called 'The Local' which will probably have a different menu.

I don't know if OSheehan's will have different menu. I'm sure they just want to retire the Sheehan name, since he's been gone for while now.

Loved the pie. I ordered it a few times on the Epic. Highly recommend. It is well-heated and very tasty.

Other recommends were: the wings, the burger (request well done or it will be pink)

I heard the hot dog was a no-go so I didn’t try it but I hope to in the future to see for myself.

Shepherd's Pie is very good in O'Sheehens, nearly as good as Bangers and Mash and as good as the Fish and Chips. All good when you go back on board after a half day shorex when the MDR is closed.

A REAL PUB with always have a real Ploughman's Lunch. Never found one on a ship that could compare!!!

I would love to see a lunch of Melton Mowbray Pork Pie and real Stilton with a really good pint!!!

As a "young" man in the middle sixties it was a regular Saturday lunch in a pub in Great Yarmouth. My wife was working so after refereeing a schoolboys' game of soccer in the morning and before running the line in an adults' one in the afternoon that was just the ticket, with a pint to wash it down.

Shepherds pie is good but not something that is a must in my opinion.

As for a good put menu: number one would be fish and chips, then a good hot sandwich. Of course Rueben would be another must dish. Though maybe not a must on a real Pub menu, I love the wings at O'Sheehans. It is my go to snack when I want something in a hurry and not too much.

lol....i remember having beef soup or stew on the first night of our Panama Canal cruise on the Pearl in March 2017.......maybe soup of the day.....definitely had a couple Guinness....i mostly ate the wings here, never had the breakfast, i will have to try it on our next cruise in July 2018...

There are not any more special feature nights at O'Sheehan's. I miss the first night prime rib, but I believe the MDRs have it. My favorite is the fish and chips. Wings are good too.

O'Sheehan's is our best place to eat for lunch! we get the wings a lot and I have tried the shepherds pie. it was only ok. the breakfast is also good.

You can't go wrong with O'Sheehans!