Michael's Club - Suite guests

crash3x

Does anyone know where I can find a list of the beers offered in Michael's Club...apparently they offer 65 different bottled brews. Besides beer, what else does Michael's offer a suite guest that makes it so special. We have booked a suite for the first time and I want to make the most of it.:D

Other perks are a classy venue to go and relax, good coffee unlike the buffet. The concierge has hours and can help with reservation and priority exit on port days. They also have a fully stocked bar, so beer is not the only option, but they do have a good selection of beer that does vary by ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Prior to becoming a suite lounge there was a short lived attempt to make Michael's Club into a craft beer venue. The reference to 65 different varieties of beer may have been during the craft beer experiment, although my beer drinking husband would say that he never found 65 different types of bottled beer.

But as a suite lounge Micheal's Club offers mixed drinks, a variety of wines, soft drinks and so forth. The alcohol offerings will be tailored to the tastes of the guests on board for each particular sailing. So if there is a the of beer that you like and you don't see it in the cooler, just ask the MC staff if they could stock some for you.

They also offer Tea Forte and have a Nespresso machine. In the mornings they offer fruit plates/cups, bagels, pastries, and little pre-made bagels with cream cheese and salmon. Afternoon tea is served at 3 PM. During the evening hours there will be canapés available. All of this information will be outlined in a welcome letter you will find in your suite.

MC is staffed with a bartender/server and a concierge. The concierge can be of great help with such issues as specialty dining reservations and so forth.

Our experience (on Summit) was that the bartender at Michael's was not all that great. He really had no clue how to make to the drink I ordered.. We spent most of our cruise at the Martini Bar! Bartenders at that bar really knew how to make a decent drink!

I have been in suites several times as well as many balcony cabins. Believe me, Michael's Club IS NOT the reason to opt for a suite.

If you are in a suite, you can eat breakfast at Luminae which is full service unlike MC which is an abbreviated continental breakfast.

The beer is good but not 65 varieties. The bar service can be excellent or very slow - depending on how many people are there. Drinks are included but MC is usually an inside room and no one wants to sit in an empty dark place during the day and drink. Drinks before dinner are nice but then after 8:30, it's mighty empty again.

As far as good coffee, I will take the excellent coffee drinks from Cafe Al Bachio rather than from a Nespresso machine.

However, if you think a little extra cabin space is worth several hundred more dollars, go for it. For me, the balcony cabin with my Elite Plus perks are great.

I have been in suites several times as well as many balcony cabins. Believe me, Michael's Club IS NOT the reason to opt for a suite.

If you are in a suite, you can eat breakfast at Luminae which is full service unlike MC which is an abbreviated continental breakfast.

The beer is good but not 65 varieties. The bar service can be excellent or very slow - depending on how many people are there. Drinks are included but MC is usually an inside room and no one wants to sit in an empty dark place during the day and drink. Drinks before dinner are nice but then after 8:30, it's mighty empty again.

As far as good coffee, I will take the excellent coffee drinks from Cafe Al Bachio rather than from a Nespresso machine.

However, if you think a little extra cabin space is worth several hundred more dollars, go for it. For me, the balcony cabin with my Elite Plus perks are great.

I feel differently about Michael’s Club. We love it. On our recent cruise the bartenders treated us like family. We met so many wonderful people and it was such a wonderful experience.

Suite class on Celebrity is great! Michael's really was a great place to go between show times and dinner or for the last nightcap. Our concierge, whose desk was in MC, was very accommodating and managed a lot of reservations for us. When we disembarked, our concierge guided us to our own elevator, waited while we claimed our luggage and thenon to a suite class line to get thru customs. The other customs lines wrapped around. Heaven!! We are sailing on HAL next and it doesn't sound like you get half that much!! Enjoy the suite and enjoy the perks. We will be back, Celebrity suites

Our experience (on Summit) was that the bartender at Michael's was not all that great. He really had no clue how to make to the drink I ordered.. We spent most of our cruise at the Martini Bar! Bartenders at that bar really knew how to make a decent drink!

I agree 100%

We love Michael’s Club too!

To come back to the OP....Michael’s doesn’t stock masses of different beers. However, if you let the staff know first day the names of your favourite tipples they will do their best to locate them for you. This goes for all drinks not just beer.

In the morning Michael’s is a great place to pop into for a coffee after breakfast and touch base with the concierge if you have any issues.

In the afternoon there is a delicious afternoon tea or you can ask your butler to deliver to your suite.

Early evening there can be musical events, we had great piano music last cruise.

It is the venue for ‘meet the officers’.

Late evening it is a lovely place to chat with new friends...

Finally, as you leave, the staff will ensure you have bottles of water if you need them and offer you a nightcap to take back to your room...

Whilst we do enjoy visiting other bars it is great to have a quiet ‘home base’. Hope you enjoy your first suite life experience!

We love Michael’s! We popped in several times a day for soda and water for our suite, after day 1 the bartender Alexandra knew our preferred beverages and the service was outstanding. The concierge(s) were amazing and handled our few little issues quickly and professionally. The best perk for suite passengers...

You will enjoy Michael's club! It makes the cruise very special! The service and venue are great. We have also had wonderful Concierge attendants in Michaels. On our last Summit cruise this past August, the bartender was the best and would go out of his way to get us the drinks we desired even if he had to go to another bar on the ship.

We love the suites also. The suite and special attention make you feel really great! A true vacation IMO.

Suite class on Celebrity is great! Michael's really was a great place to go between show times and dinner or for the last nightcap. Our concierge, whose desk was in MC, was very accommodating and managed a lot of reservations for us. When we disembarked, our concierge guided us to our own elevator, waited while we claimed our luggage and thenon to a suite class line to get thru customs. The other customs lines wrapped around. Heaven!! We are sailing on HAL next and it doesn't sound like you get half that much!! Enjoy the suite and enjoy the perks. We will be back, Celebrity suites

Hope that you are in the Haven or you will be back to Celebrity quickly!

Everyone is different... for us, M's Club is a reason to book a suite. Luminae is not. In fact, on our last cruise we ate there twice. It's just too quiet and sedate in there. And the food is too fussy for us. If I have to ask what an ingredient is in every dish before ordering, it's not for me. We ended up going to select dining in the MDR. More relaxed and fits us better.

Reasons we book suites:

Butler (my mom is 86 and loves this perk)

More room in the cabin

Bigger bathroom

Meals served by course in the cabin

Real table to eat at

Larger balcony

Priority boarding and disembarkation

Michael's Club

If you spend a significant amount of time IN THE CABIN then a suite is worth every penny. Since my mom only ventures out a couple times a day, and maybe not at all on a port day, having a suite is really important for her.

Everyone is different... for us, M's Club is a reason to book a suite. Luminae is not. In fact, on our last cruise we ate there twice. It's just too quiet and sedate in there. And the food is too fussy for us. If I have to ask what an ingredient is in every dish before ordering, it's not for me. We ended up going to select dining in the MDR. More relaxed and fits us better.

Reasons we book suites:

Butler (my mom is 86 and loves this perk)

More room in the cabin

Bigger bathroom

Meals served by course in the cabin

Real table to eat at

Larger balcony

Priority boarding and disembarkation

Michael's Club

If you spend a significant amount of time IN THE CABIN then a suite is worth every penny. Since my mom only ventures out a couple times a day, and maybe not at all on a port day, having a suite is really important for her.

We had the opposite experience in Luminae. Perhaps because we sailed in August. Loads of kids making a racket- babies with free reign in the Luminae restaurant. I couldn't understand why the parents didn't remove the noisy crying yelling babies and young children from the dining room. Made it very stressful for the other diners. We ate in the specialty restaurants most days because of the chaos. About 500 kids on board on our sailing!

Back to the 65 beers comment......whatever the OP read about there being 65 beers must be a relic of the time before it became the suite lounge. There was a short time when Michael's Clubs were to be craft beer venues, which didn't last very long. The OP may be seeing some review weitten then.

We had the opposite experience in Luminae. Perhaps because we sailed in August. Loads of kids making a racket- babies with free reign in the Luminae restaurant. I couldn't understand why the parents didn't remove the noisy crying yelling babies and young children from the dining room. Made it very stressful for the other diners. We ate in the specialty restaurants most days because of the chaos. About 500 kids on board on our sailing!

I've never yet seen a kid in Luminae. Of course, I wouldn't sail at a time when there was the possibility of 500 kids on board either.

Yes back to beer. Michael's Club does have some decent ones in the cooler. We have found however that Cellar Masters has the best beer selection on the ship particularly on S-Class ships. Silhouette had an excellent selection. The nice thing is that if you enjoy a particular beer in Cellar Masters, just ask them in Michael's Club and they will have it on hand there for you. Or ask your butler.

I’m on Connie now. First day and I have to have encountered one of the worst waitresses I’ve ever encountered on a ship and unfortunately she’s in Michael’s. I wouldn’t want to ask her for anything extra having received the response to Stoli Elit vodka. It’s early days and I don’t know if she is cover, but if not I will be feeding back and I am not one to make a fuss. Much like other guests on board a cruise has a lot to do with the people. No bad cruise. Just bad people on it!

Phil

We don't sail when there is a likelihood of a lot of children on board either but I have seen children in Luminae, and Michaels Club, on several cruises. They were all well behaved. One time there was a toddler in Luminae and when he started to fuss one of the parents took him into the hall. They did not linger over dinner and had dessert to go.

Our experiences in Michael's Club ARE one of the primary reasons we book a suite. The others being the additional space and larger balcony,

as the SO enjoys sitting and reading out there. On our last two cruises, the service has been exemplary. Niko on Silhouette and Jole on Equinox were the concierges. We also had Anka as the suite manager on Equinox. We could not have asked for better service or attention to detail.

The SO drinks Jameson. I jokingly said to the server, the first evening, if you see him, just hand him a Jameson. You don't have to ask. That is exactly what happened. We walked in the second night, and before we had decided where to sit, the server had his Jameson ready.

We like the quiet, laid back atmosphere where we can have a conversation with others, without having to talk over noise and music in a crowded bar. They often have a harpist, guitarist or pianist playing background music. The officers wander thru. This isn't a quick pass thru for a photo op. They sit and talk to you. We spent 45 minutes one night talking to the staff captain.

If you are looking for a more upbeat party atmosphere, Michael's is not the venue for you. I know from experience, that, with most having the drink packages, many suite guests do not go there. The crowd in MC tends to be older and more sedate. That may just be because of the times we cruise.

As others have said, we don't cruise when the possibility exists for lots of children. As we eat late, if there are young children dining in Luminae, they are gone before we get there. We have seen older children there and they have always been well behaved.

I’m on Connie now. First day and I have to have encountered one of the worst waitresses I’ve ever encountered on a ship and unfortunately she’s in Michael’s. I wouldn’t want to ask her for anything extra having received the response to Stoli Elit vodka. It’s early days and I don’t know if she is cover, but if not I will be feeding back and I am not one to make a fuss. Much like other guests on board a cruise has a lot to do with the people. No bad cruise. Just bad people on it!

Phil

Feed back to your butler or concierge, don’t let it spoil your vacation...Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

Feed back to your butler or concierge, don’t let it spoil your vacation...Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

I don't have a butler, but am not shy in feeding back! Lol Fortunately Vikka from Russia saved the day this evening. What a delight and it's not hard! Nadia as Michael's hostess is lovely. As I said I'm not demanding, but it's all about the simple stuff.

Phil