Dress code being changed without any notice

thon

The current public website for Celebrity clearly says that on both casual and evening chic nights the dress code for men includes shirts with sleeves. In the past I, along with many others, have interpreted this to mean shirts with either long OR short sleeves. And I, along with many others on my cruises, wore short sleeved shirts to the MDR whenever we chose, either sport or dressy as required. I only own sport shirts and dress shirts with short sleeves.

Not sure if anyone noticed that recent dailies posted by cruisers from the Eclipse, Equinox and Reflection said that LONG SLEEVE SHIRTS were required EVERY night. I did. So I called Captain’s Club about 10 days ago and was told that their internal website and their public website were clearly at odds on the dress code requirements for men and the ships were obviously going by what their internal site said. The nice woman I spoke to said she would look into this and get back to me. Well today I received a message from her on my phone.

Apparently the requirement for men on Evening Chic nights will now be to wear long sleeve shirts, although short sleeve shirts can be worn if a sports coat is also worn. She also said that their website will be changed to reflect this.

So, the dress code for men will be changed without any notice.

I am sure there will be some out there who think that long sleeved shirts should be worn no matter what but this is not the point. The point is that Celebrity has chosen to make immediate changes to the dress code based on......I don't know what. And without any notice.

I saw a couple of men wearing t shirts, no collar in the MDR on chic night recently.

The daily's contradict the sign outside the actual MDR onboard.

In short, Celebrity is so consistently, inconsistent, that few people care or even take them too seriously.

Just (yesterday) came off 21 days on the Reflection. Plenty of men wore short sleeves and I never heard of it being an issue. On the other hand, I wore my Tux (on chic nights) and felt great :). Bottom line is you now see all kinds of dress on chic and the other nights. One nice addition (in recent years) to the dress code is no baseball caps :). Used to think that most men knew that wearing hats indoors (except in a few places such as sports bars) simply shows a complete ignorance of etiquette and class.

Hank

Not shooting the messenger but not buying it! Call again and talk with another Captain Club rep. and don't be shocked if you get a different answer. I'll be wearing golf/polo style shirts in the MDR in the evening except on evening chic.

I like the way you think!:cool:

What’s so tough about two simple rules? Lose the stupid cap (your friends all know you’re going bald and no one else cares) and go to the Thrift Store and pay a buck for a long sleeved shirt!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm not so sure the OP was upset about the rules, but rather they were being changed mid-cruise.

I don't think there is a Goodwill, or TJ Maxx, or Macy's onboard.

I'm not so sure the OP was upset about the rules, but rather they were being changed mid-cruise.

I don't think there is a Goodwill, or TJ Maxx, or Macy's onboard.

The rules weren’t changed, just clarified. Most would take “a shirt with sleeves” to mean long sleeved. Or simply wear a jacket.

The rules weren’t changed, just clarified. Most would take “a shirt with sleeves” to mean long sleeved. Or simply wear a jacket.

No, most wouldn't. Note the words "short sleeves" incorporates the word "sleeves." I repeat "cruising for children."

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Since no one on any celebrity ship actually enforces any dress code, this is only an academic discussion. Folks will continue to wear what they want....and no celebrity employee will tell them they aren’t welcome in whatever dining room they go to.

Perhaps X is merely clarifying the shirt sleeves requirement to prevent sleeveless tee shirts in the MDR.

That makes sense.

Dress code has always mentioned something along the line of 'no sleeveless shirts"

But who cares? Will continue to wear what I always have on "chic" nights, which is a short sleeve dressy shirt. Not gonna change.

I saw a couple of men wearing t shirts, no collar in the MDR on chic night recently.

The daily's contradict the sign outside the actual MDR onboard.

In short, Celebrity is so consistently, inconsistent, that few people care or even take them too seriously.

One night at Murano I saw a man with a t-shirt with writing on the t-shirt. PS: yes short sleeves.

Why are everyone picking on us poor men!

It's called a Dress Code nothing about Shirt Code.

Lets pick on another gender - some of whom wear leggings which are 5 sizes too small, I would volunteer to be keel-hauled than look at that.:o