Live from navigator- breakfast- no egg whites? No veggies?

sr5242

today is my first morning on the navigator. I follow a very strict power lifter diet. Breakfast is always egg whites only with veggies. At 7 am after my morning cardio I went to the windjammer for black coffee, egg whites and veggies. I'm told, quite angrily, by the station cook that there are no egg whites. I ask where are the veggies, they point to the garden section which has deli meat and fruit, no veggies. I asked to speak to the manager. After about 15 min a nice young lady came down and said they would special order egg whites and steamed veggies every morning at 7 am for me. That's very nice but I wish it wasn't such an ordeal. Am I the only healthy eater on this cruise?

At 7am maybe the omelet station is not open? My experience on the anthem was that I could get an omelet made to order (using non stick spray instead of butter) all egg whites and what ever veggies I wanted. Not sure they had that at 7am though. I used to grab a bran muffin (from park cafe at 6am) and have with almond butter (that I brought) digest and then workout and have a meal like you suggest around 10am. Hope you get this sorted out.

today is my first morning on the navigator. I follow a very strict power lifter diet. Breakfast is always egg whites only with veggies. At 7 am after my morning cardio I went to the windjammer for black coffee, egg whites and veggies. I'm told, quite angrily, by the station cook that there are no egg whites. I ask where are the veggies, they point to the garden section which has deli meat and fruit, no veggies. I asked to speak to the manager. After about 15 min a nice young lady came down and said they would special order egg whites and steamed veggies every morning at 7 am for me. That's very nice but I wish it wasn't such an ordeal. Am I the only healthy eater on this cruise?

We sail on Navigator in 6 weeks on the same itinerary as you are. I hope to hear more from you on your experiences. We have been on over 20 sailings (all Royal) and egg whites have always been available on every ship. Steamed veggies might have been on the Asian part of the Windjammer area.

Lets face it, your breakfast choice is pretty far out of the mainstream - healthy or not.

The ship is going to accommodate it after learning of your preference. Why are you still upset?

Not a big deal, we've always been able to get egg whites.

You posted at 6:38 about not having breakfast options at 7 am. I’ve had egg white and veggie omelet option on liberty and allure. I don’t see this as an unusual demand to those commenting. I hope you enjoyed your omelette.

I'm not sure why some think egg whites and veggies is some odd out of the mainstream meal. For years it is my morning staple. Any omelet station should have it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree. I did not think OP was that far off base. Most Omelet stations have had an egg white option for a few years. The fact that the server could not accommodate him without going to the supervisor was weird.

hi! we spoke yesterday after meet n mingle! i have been able to get eggwhites with mushrooms and peppers the past two days at omelet station,no problem. you must have not had a very informed staff member. had the same thing every day on the jewel this summer. hope it went better for you today!

That's a very standard breakfast item, not an odd request at all. Not sure why some people here would choose to attack OP. Should be on breakfast menu all days in MDR as well.

if you are able to remember, please let me know if MDR open on final day at end of your cruise for breakfast.

So, the cook doesn't know hot to crack a real egg (perhaps they did not even have a real egg) and separate the whites from the yolk? There was a time on RCI (and many other lines) where the crew did not even know the word "No." Times have certainly changed. I mention this because a similar situation just happened to us on the Celebrity Reflection (where they do have real eggs). A lady in front of me wanted an omelet with egg whites and the cook grabbed the egg white bin...which was empty. He sent off an assistant to get more egg whites...but then laughed, cracked a couple of eggs and quickly separated out the whites.

Hank

P.S. Have no comment on the missing "rabbit food."