Royal Caribbean Care Team

SamFritz

Late Tuesday night I received word that my brother and his wife were killed the Costa Maya tour bus crash. Having now safely returned home from the most unwanted stay in Playa Del Carmen imaginable, I feel it is very important to acknowledge the wonderful support that the Royal Caribbean Care Team provided to Diana and I while we were there.

In addition to lovingly and professionally guiding us through the necessary steps to facilitate the repatriation of our beloveds’ remains, they made every arrangement from flights, to hotels, to transportation, and meals. They even provided a grief counselor, who met us upon our arrival at the Cancun airport and was with us at every critical moment and available to us at anytime we just wanted to talk with someone.

I am so grateful for the people of the RCCL Care Team. Without them we would most certainly be spending this holiday away from our family and trying to accomplish over the next week or two, what we just did in four days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry for your loss. Words probably cannot accurately describe your emotions at the moment.

Thank you for sharing this information about a side of Royal Caribbean we will never experience.

Carnival Paradise - August 2015 - 5 nights

Carnival Splendor - August 2016 - 6 nights

Carnival Magic - August 2017 - 8 nights

Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas - August 2018 - 7 nights (booked)

Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas - August 2019 - 9 nights (booked)

Can't imagine how difficult this must be for you Sam. I'm very glad to hear how well RC has provided support to you and your family during this horrible experience. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

I am so sorry for your loss. I remember reading your posts before you knew what happened, but couldn't get in touch with your brother and his wife on the ship. I thought that with all of the people on that cruise, surely they were fine. Then I read your post the next day with shock and sadness. I am glad that RCL stepped up and helped you when you needed it most. Their service sounds incredible and I hope it helped lighten the weight of what had to be a traumatic trip.

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I am very sorry this happened.

Mere mortal words seem lacking at this time of grief for you and your family. Dani has found some words of comfort that I hope help you through this very difficult time. The CC community who may not know you individually but can all try to give you a feeling of friendship at this very sad time in your life.

May you find strength in knowing that we send our thoughts and prayers to you.

Sam and Diana,

Such a relief to know that your grief was eased a bit by RC's care team.

In this special evening for so many in CC, you're in my thoughts. In Hebrew we say: "May you know grief, but on its own time, and not before its time..."

Dani from the Holy Land

Sam,

I have been following your journey since your first post. I have been amazed at your willingness to share such a difficult and painful situation. Your posts have been filled with compassion and grace. I am glad to know you are now back home and hope you’re healing can’t begin.

Erika