How many shoes?

Luv my furbaby

ladies - how many pairs of shoes do you take?

Just curious. Right now I'm looking at what to pack for my 14 day cruise next month and it looks like my shoes might need their own suitcase:')

I bring one pair of walking shoes and wear them for boarding so they don’t need to be packed, and one pair of Metallic strappy heels to wear with all evening clothes,and one dressy flip flops for buffet, and one nonslip flip flops for pool. So 4 pair of shoes

Hey, it is all about the shoes!!!!

But, I don't overpack.

I wear my comfortable Nike's to travel to board.

I bring flip-flops, for the pool/beach.

And a pair of dress heels (usually black) for Dinner on most evenings.

Since I will have a couple of dresses that are more colorful and not black, I just bought these, in the silver rhinestone, so I will have these shoes to wear with everything. With matching earrings, I will sparkle from head to toe!

www.macys.com/shop/product/caparros-i-star-embellished-evening-sandals?ID=5039976&CategoryID=17570&RVI=Search_1&tdp=cm_choiceId~z5039976~xcm_pos~zPos1

I wear a pair of sturdy sneakers on embarkation day. I pack a couple of pairs of sandals (one light colored, one black) and that’s it for me on the cruise.

FYI, I pack my shoes in super lightweight doggie poop bags to keep them from getting anything dirty in my suitcase. [emoji4]

Pam, You made me laugh. I love the "Super lightweight doggie poop bags" idea! I'm going to share this with my friends who are always trying to keep their luggage weight down. They will love this :)

One pair of trainers for port days which are worn with socks

One pair of Skechers, worn without socks

Two pairs of walking sandals, black and platinum

Two pairs of dress sandals, black and gold/bronze

One pair of slip-on pool shoes (I can't wear flip flops)

One pair of black flats

That way I'm covered for all occasions and have backup in case a shoe breaks - it has happened when I've been travelling.

All are very lightweight. The trainers and Skechers are bulky but the rest pack very flat.

I am an over packer who is desperately trying to cut down.

Our next cruise, late January is from GB (wet and about 4degrees Celsius) to South America (Santiago about 21deg Celsius), round the Horn (windy and about 4 deg Celsius) to Buenos Aires(26) then home to 4 deg.

Please offer helpful suggestions on my ideas...

Travel- jeans, leather boots, padded jacked

2 pairs Eve sandals with heels..blk and bronze /gold

1 pair heels less formal... blk..smart casual eves

1 pr walking sandals

1 pr flat sandals

1 pair Sketchers trainers ( these are fabric not leather) so concerned about them if they get wet, although have sprayed them to protect against rain.

Maybe 1 pr flip flops for pool ???

I like to have 'options' and I envy those able to pack lightly!!

I've enjoyed reading this thread! Everyone has their comfort level with shoes. I'm older, 70, been cruising since early 80s. I had purses to match my various pairs of shoes. Crazy how many pairs I brought! :)

Traveling alone, wanting one 26" bag to manage, I finally learned to cut down. I figure who looks at my feet anyway?

ladies - how many pairs of shoes do you take?

Just curious. Right now I'm looking at what to pack for my 14 day cruise next month and it looks like my shoes might need their own suitcase:')

On a week cruise I typically take at least 12 pair of shoe items- tennis shoes (I go to the gym every day), good flip flops, dressy sandals, beach flip flops. Hubby takes a picture of the bottom of the closet with all my shoes (flip flops)

Unless we're planning on some rough country hike, I don't bring "walking shoes"...my sandals or flip flops will work walking around town! It's what I wear at home! I take a pair of neutral "dress" shoes for evenings...flip-flops for pool and beach, and perhaps a pair of other sandals or easy shoe for less formal evenings. Hubby brings flip flops for pool/beach, athletic shoe and a pair of decent shoes for dinners.

On a week cruise I typically take at least 12 pair of shoe items- tennis shoes (I go to the gym every day), good flip flops, dressy sandals, beach flip flops. Hubby takes a picture of the bottom of the closet with all my shoes (flip flops)

My list doesn't look so bad now!!!!

I used to have one suitcase that was half shoes and half books.

Now I'm older and pack:

1 pair neutral sandals

1 pair black patent flats

1 pair black or navy flats depending on what basic colors I'm going with.

I wear white Easy Spirit mules for boarding.

And 1 Kindle with charger!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Reina, your list isn't bad but I would look at the dressy ones, and your smart casual pair, could you cut there and take 1 pair instead of 3? First trying to cut back, I did the dressy shoes area. I'm doing a SA cruise for 30 days and I'm adding a pair of sandals. My canvas walking sandal, not easy to put on so I am adding 1 pair to my list. My black and brown flats have to do for formal and smart casual. I had a near catastrophe on stairs so no more heels or dressy, strappy shoes, my niece got them.

I will be bringing 9 shoes on my upcoming cruise for a week away:

3 pairs of high heels (we dress up for dinner)

2 flat dressy sandals

1 high heel espadrille

1 pair of flats

1 running shoes for the gym

1 pool/beach sandal

Plus the short boots I am wearing from home since I am coming from up North and it is cold.

I always say that I am going to reduce my packing but the one time I tried it I hated not having any choice and having to wear a specific thing each day. So now I pack what I want. [emoji56]

I will be bringing 9 shoes on my upcoming cruise for a week away:

3 pairs of high heels (we dress up for dinner)

2 flat dressy sandals

1 high heel espadrille

1 pair of flats

1 running shoes for the gym

1 pool/beach sandal

Plus the short boots I am wearing from home since I am coming from up North and it is cold.

I always say that I am going to reduce my packing but the one time I tried it I hated not having any choice and having to wear a specific thing each day. So now I pack what I want. [emoji56]

Bravo! Finally someone who packs the way I do! Whether it’s for a week or 30 days, I want to have options. I always dress fashionably, even to go to the grocery store. Why should cruising be any different!?!

Some do take more shoes and good for them! :) I did until I got older, have balance issues! The poster I responded to was looking to cut back so I gave her some ideas, what works for me! Just an idea, not set in stone!

Thank you very much for your suggestions, Susancruzs, I appreciate you trying to help.

Think I might just manage to cut back one pair of formal/ evening shoes.

Having seen how full my case seems,on a trial, there might have to be more cuts ! Packing for hot and cold weather is not easy !!! I use trial sizes, read Vivienne Files about capsule wardrobes, try sticking to two main colours .....but still like to have options.

Thank goodness for handbags and rollaboards as well as 23kg hold luggage.

• 2 weeks later...
Bravo! Finally someone who packs the way I do! Whether it’s for a week or 30 days, I want to have options. I always dress fashionably, even to go to the grocery store. Why should cruising be any different!?!

I agree. I was glad that I brought so many shoes especially since my feet swelled for the very first time. I have always brought a case of water onboard for all my cruises but this time I didn’t and drank the ship’s water. I know the quality is okay but it didn’t agree with me and I had elephant feet. I should have ordered a case but didn’t realize until I got home that this was the only difference from my previous cruises. So glad that I had shoes to choose from when the ones I wanted to wear no longer fit.

And I brought 3 evening purses yet still bought one in the ship atrium that matched perfectly with a pair of shoes I had. Also brought a cross body purse for daily use and 2 beach bags.

I bring home unworn clothes but that is okay. :halo:

On the return flight I was 3lbs overweight (due to shopping items) but she didn’t charge me extra. :cool:

Edited by CruisinGirl777
sp

Did u say shoes???:D

It depends...and yes I have taken a separate case for my shoes. I think the most I have taken is 21 pairs on a 7 day cruise.

However, that was a 45 minute drive to the port and I packed 1/2 hour before we left so just quickly selected what would work with my clothes..

How does one take so many shoes...I'll list

light weight hiker

water shoes with great tread

a couple pair of boots

slippers

Uggs...want those toes warm while watching MUTS

Sandals/flip-flopps(AKA THONGS)/crocs and leather slip-ons are light so just throw a few pairs in again & again.....& again:D

I seldom take any kind of sneakers, I bring a lightweight canvas mary jane..just in case i want to exercise.

Heels, of course heels....I seldom wear them at home, but love to but them so need to get some use out of them.

my best tip for us shoe lovers is to count how many pairs you take and match them up prior to packing..Yes, it is true I have left shoes or mates behind more than once...and with so many pairs how can you notice one is missing...

But for a 14 day u can truly go light....keep clothes in neutral colors..

1 heel for "formal"

1 shoe or boot above the ankel that can handle rain(wear on plane)

2 leather or faulk leather slip-ons, black/brown or nude with toes( don't want to get those toes scraped or dirty)

1 sturdy water shoe with toe for by the pool or gym or walking in town

Like I said no "tennies" for me.

Have a great cruise....

Edited by land lover