What's the rudest or strangest thing you've seen recently on a Royal Caribbean ship?

While sitting next to the window in the Diamond Lounge on the Oasis we observed four Hispanic teenage girls on a nearby balcony spitting on people walking on the Boardwalk below them. (The concierge called security.)

Gross. I'm glad concierge called security.

John&lala, never say sorry, as that word is an admission of self guilt. And can be used as an acknowledgement of wrongdoing. Just stick to your guns and say how you feel.

Had you not began with sorry... your post would have been a valid opinion from your POV. You would definitely not want to be at my table. A bunch of loudmouth NJ,NY litigators who never stop working.

In fact, we have a large group sailing next Nov. on the Anthem. One of my friends actually booked two of his staff in the cabin next to their suite. So work can be conducted. Thats a lifestyle. Not many can live with.

But like everyone else, we all see things with different color filters.

Be well, i enjoy your posts very much. You seem to be well traveled, and genuine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would suggest your group order room service to your suite rather than disrupt the dining room.

Maybe they were on a skype call or a facetime call to a relative on a happy occasion, and due to the time difference, dinner time on the ship was the perfect time to include that person in your family time on the ship.

just a thought.

If it was work related, why did his kids keep running over to see?

I GET having to work on vacations; I've been known to work on vacations-(although the husband really gets pissed, so i don't anymore!)...but the DINING room is NOT the place. If someone MUST have a videoconference during that hour, STAY IN YOUR ROOM AND GET ROOM SERVICE.

I think you're being very naïve.

I hope not. I'm no prude believe me but having sex in a public pool or hot tub is beyond nasty. I've seen the L&M show probably 40 + times and this seems to be a common answer. People know what the CD and crowd want to hear.

Rudest was on the Oasis In the adult only solarium. An older gentleman in a speedo, let’s say he was enjoying the jet streams in the pool too much...Needless to say the pool was closed and cleaned.

Strangest was sitting on my balcony in the middle of the Caribbean watching the ocean pass by. I saw a toilet seat float by on the surface

How do you know it was not important? It would be naive and ignorant to automatically assume it was frivolous activity. My wife is an international tax attorney. She deals with clients who also live overseas. Bedtime for you, mid work day for them. Business never sleeps. Neither does international commerce.

For some, a vacation does not mean a cutoff from work.

Since we don’t know what this person was actually doing with said laptop. Presenting that as rude, is unfounded and in itself rude.

I’m sorry, but this sounds so sad to me. No job is worth working 24/7, and not taking the time to “refuel”. Throughout my career, I had some pretty stressful positions, but I knew my time, my family, and my mental health was far more important than any job.

Most disgusting - we were seated in the MDR with a lovely young family. Mom, dad and two young girls. While enjoying our entrees the oldest girl (6years old) started to vomit on the table. Within a few minutes the 3 year old joined her.

Strangest- dining with a gentleman that brought his own tin foil to wrap up his leftovers to take back to his cabin for later.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tin foil...

We use ziplocks. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

People often lie at those shows.

We were the middle couple 20+ years ago. Finished first round, perfect score. While backstage the the entertainment staff told me how to answer Laura's questions. All for entertainment. 😉

Laura was not happy afterwards. 😱

We were the middle couple 20+ years ago. Finished first round, perfect score. While backstage the the entertainment staff told me how to answer Laura's questions. All for entertainment. 😉

That is awful....I thought that some couples may practice their responses together, especially if they were on the prior cruise, but to be told what to say is just not right. The spontaneous answers are the funniest! But now I’m finding out they aren’t spontaneous after all!

That is awful....I thought that some couples may practice their responses together, especially if they were on the prior cruise, but to be told what to say is just not right. The spontaneous answers are the funniest! But now I’m finding out they aren’t spontaneous after all!

This was 20+ years ago in a defunct cruise line. Just sharing.

BTW, the looks on Laura's face were hilarious. Keep in mind, she wasn't in on it.

This was 20+ years ago in a defunct cruise line. Just sharing.

BTW, the looks on Laura's face were hilarious. Keep in mind, she wasn't in on it.

I see...but I have witnessed the cheaters, too. We were sitting in the front row and we all saw one couple talking to each other and telling the other one the answers. The L & M gifts are nice so that must have been important to them.

The rudest ever was a gay man feeling the bum of a waiter.

When the waiter complained the gay man said he could do it and he would get the waiter sacked if he complained.

Wow, as a gay man I would have gone to assist the waiter and encouraged him to report the passenger...

As a police officer I would have done anything to make sure the passenger was charged criminally.

That's just lovely. Just as I suspected. More the reason to avoid that disgusting show.

Agree. That's why I put the question mark in my comment indicating not really believing it.

My parents were once the oldest couple on the show. My dad was upset as the CD staff told him what to say to this question. Imagine their shock when mom's answer was even BETTER, and she WASN'T told what to say! I think I'm scared for life.

I do an annual cruise for people with fibromyalgia. Not all of us LOOK physically disabled, but the amount of walking to and on ships easily sends us into "flares." On boarding day, a group of us approached a bank of elevators. There was NOBODY waiting. When the first elevator came, we got on. Two of us were in scooters, some people used walkers or canes, and some "looked" perfectly normal. As the doors began to close, a woman came up pushing a wheelchair. She hit the buttons so the door opened again and literally yelled for the "able bodied" people to get off so the wheelchair could get on. First of all, there were already two scooters on the elevator. Second, she had not been waiting at all. I turned around on my scooter and said "everyone in this group is handicapped even if they don't look it." She just rolled her eyes and said "yeah right" as the doors closed.

I had a mixed reaction to the earlier post about the woman on the scooter who didn't wait for anyone. Having done at least three or four cruises on a scooter, I understood her pain. Sometimes, by the end of a cruise, I've had to start being more aggressive because people ALWAYS cut in front of me as if I'm invisible. There have been times where I've had to wait for five different elevators to come and go.

That's not the case on RCI in our experiences. Participated once and have cruised with a couple who got picked to play on another cruise as well. No being told what to say or help from the crew at all. Totally spontaneous and funny in our opinion. So continue to enjoy it! :)

That said, there is some "cheating" once in awhile. People that have "practiced" as you mentioned and some that you can see talking on stage thinking nobody notices.

All in all, still fun and 95% legit spontaneity in our opinions.

Back on topic, still trying to narrow down my top 5 and post my top 2! :)

Edited by lovetotravel06
typo

We were on an Oasis Western Caribbean cruise a few years ago at our first night in the MDR. Across from us were two tables, one adults and the other their kids (all 10 and younger), who where being ignored by the adults who apparently expected the wait staff to do everything (cut meat, break up fights, clean up tipped drinks and things dropped on the floor, etc) for their kids while the adults enjoyed themselves. I really felt for the waiters as they were not terribly successful in their assigned duty. And it took us a bit of time and several trips back to the dining room later to get our table changed for the remainder of the cruise. Not fun.

It’s rude because it’s happening in the dining room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Definitely rude. They barely have enough room for what's supposed to be on the table. If work is that pressing stay in the cabin or somewhere where its enought room to work. Because your not paying attention to your family anyway.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk