Forgap & Rumor, Singapore-Sydney, Feb. 2-20, 2018--LIVE!

Mr Rumor

Boatmans Lady, your reference to marmite reminded me of the earlier vegemite-marmite discussion (TC2 and Gilly posts). Based on a brief chat I had with Tori, a "visitor engagement officer" at Fannie Bay Gaol in Darwin, I'm thinking that vegemite versus marmite might be a lively debate topic between Aussies and Brits. Tori crinkled her nose when the subject--specifically the word "marmite"--came up: "Marmite is disgusting! It's sweeter and more yeasty that vegemite. Vegemite is delicious, really tangy. Use a thumbnail's worth and spread it on a piece of sourdough toast with a little butter!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boatmans Lady, your reference to marmite reminded me of the earlier vegemite-marmite discussion (TC2 and Gilly posts). Based on a brief chat I had with Tori, a "visitor engagement officer" at Fannie Bay Gaol in Darwin, I'm thinking that vegemite versus marmite might be a lively debate topic between Aussies and Brits. Tori crinkled her nose when the subject--specifically the word "marmite"--came up: "Marmite is disgusting! It's sweeter and more yeasty that vegemite. Vegemite is delicious, really tangy. Use a thumbnail's worth and spread it on a piece of sourdough toast with a little butter!"

neither the Brits nor the Aussies have tried Cenovis which is Switzerland's answer to both Vegemite and Marmite -- it is totally delicious!!

Rich - these posts are just great. And I am SO eager to see photos and hear about Cairns - I have quite a bit of my family there! Gerry

Give a hug to Daniela for you? I dunno, Jackie, Roberto and

TB, and Sheila, I’m kinda shy. . . OK, twist my arm!

1c39cc57d360b3761b21b8720487af3e.jpg

(Thanks to upcoming Regent photographer F. Patruno for the shot!)

At the Seven Seas Society Cocktail Party last night, CC Gudrun revealed the SSS numbers for our cruise. We have a total of 522 SSS members sailing, 12 of whom are Titanium, 38 of whom are Platinum, 179 of whom are Gold and 293 of whom are Silver.

So, no Diamonds (1,000 nights) or Commodores (2,000) this cruise, but Gudrun acknowledged a new friend of ours who is knocking on Diamond’s door with 959 nights.

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And, hugs to you for sharing!!! Enjoy---

Sheila

We navigated the Torres Strait during the night and we are now hugging the NE Australian cost with the Great Barrier Reef on our left. We woke up to blue skies and fluffy clouds which is in marked contrast to the weather the last two days. We’ve had sudden torrential rains with the sun peaking through the clouds from time to time. It’s hot but not too hot at all. It’s very pleasant to sit on the balcony and watch the sea go by. f7a429f8d43a6b16b03e2f82305b1d1a.jpg

put (or set) the cat among the pigeons

phrase

British Say or do something that is likely to cause trouble or controversy

Hambagahle, we visit Switzerland frequently and I'm familiar with Cenovis too! Like Rivella, however, it's one of those "acquired tastes" , isn't it?!

We navigated the Torres Strait during the night and we are now hugging the NE Australian cost with the Great Barrier Reef on our left. We woke up to blue skies and fluffy clouds which is in marked contrast to the weather the last two days. We’ve had sudden torrential rains with the sun peaking through the clouds from time to time. It’s hot but not too hot at all. It’s very pleasant to sit on the balcony and watch the sea go by. f7a429f8d43a6b16b03e2f82305b1d1a.jpg

Really enjoying your "Live"! We will visit some of the ports later. Thanks for taking the time.

We (Navigator World Cruise) are heading to Sydney (tomorrow). It is a sunny day here on the relative calm Tasman Sea. Then we turn South and round Southern Australia.

Carolyn

Forgap and Gilly, we currently have an advert running on TV that shows different families receiving their 'love it' or 'hate it' gene test.

If the link works, you an see it here https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/marmite-marmite-gene-project-adam-eve-ddb/1444117

Hilarious. I have never tried it but I suspect I would love it as I like savory things. And have quite a bit of English blood flowing in my veins, though removed to the “colonies” since the 1600s.

A Down Under Happy Valentine’s Day from our favorite Voyager married couple, CR’s Herman (head waiter) and Risky (server)!

a52b073a34af79c2b4a4538e5466d702.jpg

Edited by Mr Rumor

There are so many little stories unfolding at all times aboard the Voyager. I happened upon Able Seaman Marcial (Philippines) and OS Seaman Eder (Honduras) on Deck 12 a little earlier tending to a necessary job from time to time: removing the wooden railings so that they can tackle the gunk that has accumulated on the underside of the railings as well as on the top of the metal piece underneath (which will then be primed).

cc583c16e6271b977ecfeaaa18d469af.jpg

1ee3278d94081b93d4410c655ca26bcf.jpg

Each piece of railing is then numbered so after being treated it may be returned to its rightful spot:

3556676a97d2ce2e1c9d4386170a6a28.jpg

As you expect, Marcial and Eder do their work with a smile:

9724cb9b9da78a0d3485ee80a5aad89b.jpg

Our unplanned sea day was perfect for a Valentine’s Day lunch à deux. Our lovely Italian captain read poetic quotes in his noonday announcements which set the stage for our romantic lunch on our balcony.

ffd4515ce8868fa17a16bdcf927f9b01.jpg

Also, kudos to the seafood line chef who consistently manages not to overlook shrimp and lobster. The lemon pepper shrimp on my Caesar salad were perfect! This is no small accomplishment when there is considerable time from grill to balcony via room service! Well done, chef!

Eighteen teams vied for Regent Reward Points at Ray’s Fun and Friendly Valentine’s Trivia a few minutes ago in a packed Observation Lounge. Our four-person team did pretty well, finishing one correct answer behind the third-place finishers. (And, yes, Rachel, Ray elicited a round of good-natured groans with another Harry Potter question—which we wild-guessed at and got!)

f2ec6d8bf6c92b2886241364dc9f8d47.jpg

[Hambagahle, we visit Switzerland frequently and I'm familiar with Cenovis too! Like Rivella, however, it's one of those "acquired tastes" , isn't it?!

No more than Marmite or Vegemite! Our children here get Cenovis "tartines" for their tea from an early age... it is yummy!!

Gin and I celebrated Valentine’s with dinner at Charteuse, which was wonderful from first bite (an appetizer portion of Seared Scallops with Chorizo) to last (the restaurant’s signature Chocolate Napoleon). I went local and fresh for my main course, a scrumptious piece of barramundi. My DW was very happy with Chartreuse’s vegetarian entree, Poached Artichoke with Truffled White Asparagus Custard.

On the way out the maître d’ gave Ginny a red rose, which I promptly put to use as a prop in my once a cruise elevator reflections shot:

442935f53be76a72e68af49eb5bf1cfe.jpg

Tomorrow: Cairns! Jennifer and Georges are excited to be among the 200 passengers who will be going on the seven-hour Great Barrier Reef Adventure. Ginny and I will be among the 60 who signed up for the five-hour Jungle Train and Amphibious Army Duck excursion, which will include a meet ‘n’ greet with koalas, kangaroos and wallabies at a wildlife sanctuary. Stay tuned: reports and pics to follow!

Rich

We had a perfect Valentine’s day and I have to give a shout out to our favorite member of the bar staff, Sang, from Bali. He is the sweetest soul and so proud of his homeland. In all our cruises, he is my very favorite person! 615f183a5cee396662419cadf98fc5f9.jpg

No more than Marmite or Vegemite! Our children here get Cenovis "tartines" for their tea from an early age... it is yummy!!

Hambagahle, I agree...but I was (and still am!) one of those picky children...no Marmite soldiers for me ;)

What lovely pictures have been posted in the last 24 hours and what a happy ship I'm seeing. Yes, I'd like to sit in the warmth of that beautiful landscape right now as well - thank you for continuing our journey in such style!

We had a perfect Valentine’s day and I have to give a shout out to our favorite member of the bar staff, Sang, from Bali. He is the sweetest soul and so proud of his homeland. In all our cruises, he is my very favorite person! 615f183a5cee396662419cadf98fc5f9.jpg

Do you know if he will still be onboard late next month? I'm asking for two reasons - firstly I am thinking about how happy he will be to spend a day in Bali and second, if he is there, we'll look out for him! Thanks.