Forgap & Rumor, Singapore-Sydney, Feb. 2-20, 2018--LIVE!

Mr Rumor

As hard as it is to say goodbye to the Voyager for you, Rich, it will be even harder for those of us sitting in a cool, darkish Europe and mesmerised by your photos of sunshine, colourful flowers and even more colourful life "down under". Thanks for taking us along on your cruise - and for a short time each day taking us out of February!!

Gerry

So very sweet!

Aww, thanks, Gerry. As Jennifer and Georges have booked several nights in Sydney and as Ginny and I are signed up for Regent’s post-cruise tour “Sydney and Beyond,” I think there’s a reasonable chance that one or both of us will be going into overtime on our blog, so check back!

Krew Kapers once again kaptivated. Here’s a little photo proof:

Philippines Tinikling dance

862071bc3822a2c1a53574c76e965dff.jpg

Darling Darle

87dbeee99d62b06bdd48187c7822df97.jpg

“Voyager on the Seven Seas”

f8879459cf53d358b6974bac085a6d10.jpg

“The Impossible Dream”

c9ebfd4d10f2bdb57918996bd3767857.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe it's Krew Kapers already - I love the photos and how sweet to see Darle there amongst them, too! As Gerry says, it's been so lovely to open up this thread to see sunshine, I'm glad it's going to last a little longer. Thank you - we have three weeks until it's our turn. You have whetted our appetite very nicely :cool:

I can't believe it's Krew Kapers already - I love the photos and how sweet to see Darle there amongst them, too! As Gerry says, it's been so lovely to open up this thread to see sunshine, I'm glad it's going to last a little longer. Thank you - we have three weeks until it's our turn. You have whetted our appetite very nicely :cool:

Then, Gilly, we will be counting on your reports! Meantime I am happy Rich & Co will continue to post for a while!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just realized we have not one but three upcoming Voyager blogs to look forward to, Gilly’s, Jackie’s and, immediately after we disembark, Rachel’s. It will be a pleasure handing off the blogging baton and following along!

There was a delightful tangy crunch to the salsa that accompanied my Townsville-fresh Pan Seared Sea Bass last night in Compass Ross. F&B Director Daniela pointed out the source of that crunch on my plate: tiny translucent pearls that make up the finger lime.

Finger limes were on Executive Chef Hamsa’s Townsville shopping list because it is the only place in Australia they can be purchased fresh.

In case you aren’t familiar with the finger lime, here is what it looks like (we asked for one to be delivered to our table so we could inspect and enjoy another taste):

2c75e2c8825218345027bb6371e8c303.jpg

I just realized we have not one but three upcoming Voyager blogs to look forward to, Gilly’s, Jackie’s and, immediately after we disembark, Rachel’s. It will be a pleasure handing off the blogging baton and following along!

There was a delightful tangy crunch to the salsa that accompanied my Townsville-fresh Pan Seared Sea Bass last night in Compass Ross. F&B Director Daniela pointed out the source of that crunch on my plate: tiny translucent pearls that make up the finger lime.

Finger limes were on Executive Chef Hamsa’s Townsville shopping list because it is the only place in Australia they can be purchased fresh.

In case you aren’t familiar with the finger lime, here is what it looks like (we asked for one to be delivered to our table so we could inspect and enjoy another taste):

2c75e2c8825218345027bb6371e8c303.jpg

Tastes like limes with crunch?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, dinner with Daniella was a delight! The finger limes were not the only high point. She had the pastry chef make her favorite winter desert...Apple roses in puff pastry with vanilla ice cream. It was a special evening.

We are approaching Brisbane now after rocking and rolling during the night. Some things even toppled over and rolled around in the bathroom!

f99faa300a5a5e0032851fbcb285811f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rich, the salsa sounds devine. They likely won't have any left by the time that we board.

In terms of blogs, you two have done such an excellent job that I can't even imagine what I'm going to say on our cruise. Maybe some photos of the Asian ports. Since our expected highlight is the family of crew members coming onboard in Manila, will likely take photos of them. I'm sure to have opinions of the "new" Voyager since we have not been on the Voyager in so long. Other than that, my blog is likely to be quite boring.

Not sure which ships Gilly or Rachel will be on but look forward to reading what they have to say.

Jackie, we leave tomorrow for Sydney to board Voyager.

Rich, I want one of those finger limes. They look delicious! Can’t believe we will miss you and Ginny.

Thanks Rachel - will be following your journey. We will join the Voyager in Bali (is that where you disembark?). If you come across some finger limes, ask Daniella to save some for our cruise:evilsmile:

Safe travels!

Thanks Rachel - will be following your journey. We will join the Voyager in Bali (is that where you disembark?). If you come across some finger limes, ask Daniella to save some for our cruise:evilsmile:

Safe travels!

Will do. But we disembark in Auckland. Those finger limes do look pretty yummy though"

We had a wonderful day in Brisbane. We canceled our Regent tour as we have a friend who lives in Brisbane who offered to show us around. After a tour of the central business district and some great coffee, we went to the riverside walking path.

Mosaics on the path:

dd41f364d1eed674cea6e8a7c1aee941.jpg

It is Sunday in Brisbane and there were many families out and about, lots of water sports on the river, and an artists market.

Ibis begging from picnickers:

5e9c7d2e08f01d44f01f3567140e75d7.jpg

Lunch was perfect in a riverside restaurant where we feasted on Tasmanian oysters, salmon with black garlic aioli, and papaya salad with tempura soft shelled crab. Oh, and a bottle of Australian dry Riesling. Yum!

6dc48182c6db6a4acc776c020a396446.jpg

Then on to the art museum which features 20th century artists from both European and aboriginal origins. The art was so interesting.

Then on to a tour of the riverside neighborhoods known for their lattice and filigree Queensland wooden houses. It was a wonderful day.

Brisbane on your own is very doable and Regent had a shuttle going from the pier to downtown. All in all, I really liked the city.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Life is looking pretty grand there on board Voyager today - though that Ibis would spook me! (I have "a thing" about birds)

Rich, sadly we are not boarding our favourite Voyager this time, but looking forward to meeting friends on board Navigator in Singapore, to sail to Cape Town. I'll do my best to continue in the same positive spirit though it will be on my blog, rather than here (can't manage two places at once <g>)

That little blast of Brisbane sunshine has set me up nicely for the day. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for your Regent cruise clarification, Gilly. Having bookmarked An Elegant Sufficiency, I can be there in a snap.

So glad you enjoyed our blog, cruisin7. It has been a joy sharing this thread with Jennifer and getting to know her and Georges. They’re a wonderful couple and Ginny and I are so happy we’ll be disembarking with them as good buds.

Rachel and Jackie, I’m sure I will run into Daniela tomorrow and will be happy to place your finger lime orders!

You’ll never guess what I happened upon at the Tamborine Rainforest Skywalk today, so I’ll show you:

ef5768c02b5501157b6393a2a5d43346.jpg

No wonder finger limes are rare: They’re a rainforest product!

Thank you so much forgap & Mr Rumour for an excellent blog with stunning photographs.

We also enjoyed our call in to Brisbane just over a year ago and thought it was one of the best Australian cities that we visited.

Looking forward to Rachel's continuation blog on Voyager and will dip in to Gilly's website to see her take on Navigator - the one Regent ship that we have not tried.

The Mount Tamborine Skywalk may have been the highlight of our eight-hour Mt. Tamborine, Winery & Crafts excursion today ($129 upcharge), but my favorite view was this one from the patio of the St. Bernards Hotel, where we had lunch:

e4a9b5cc3ced6aa89e14852135955261.jpg

Just before we set sail at 6:30, Captain Felice reported that we’ll be experiencing winds of 25 knots and 8-10 foot swells tonight as we begin to make our way to Sydney. “Anything breakable, just put aside,” he advised. “We’ll have the stabilizers out, minimizing the motion.”

Can't believe it's almost over! We've so enjoyed both reports (Jen and Rich) and have seen so much through your eyes. Thanks again for taking us along!

PS....another vote for those finger limes! I can only dream what they'd do to a nice Hendricks!

I squeezed in a final gym workout this morning. That’s a total of 13 workouts and 6389 calories burned on this cruise. However, judging by the slightly snugger fit of certain clothing items, my eating has once again outpaced my exercising!

On the subject of diet and fitness I would like to spotlight another Regent staffer who is serious about starting the day off on a fresh note. In fact “Fresh Note” is the name that Human Resources Manager Peter Smiley has given his power breakfast.

We have cruised with Peter enough times for me to come to look for him and his bowl of four hard-boiled eggs at his usual table in the Pool Deck dining area on the first morning of a cruise.

Those four eggs are the essence of Peter’s Fresh Note, which, he said, provides 23 grams of protein. “But I only eat the whites. Yolks are cholesterol.”

Completing the Fresh Note: a glass of fresh carrot, orange and grapefruit juice, a Greek yogurt and a fresh muffin or two.

Here’s Peter starting his day on a Fresh Note:

e14f37282c87af32e860b31c2196f61d.jpg