Lodging in the Bronx near Yankee Stadium

boang1971

Check TripAdvisor for more info, but other than the ballpark that's not really a rejuvenated area of NY yet, and there aren't many (any?) hotels nearby that I would recommend.

Subway is easy to use in NYC. Find someplace where you can take one train from hotel to the game and back, you'll have fun and be totally safe with thousands of people near you. And you'll be able to explore NYC without having to lug your luggage all afternoon

Don’t bother getting a hotel near Yankee Stadium. You can use the subway to get around nyc. Think about getting dinner in old Italy, maybe lunch at Katz deli (famous for pastrami sandwiches).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am a big New York Yankees fan. Always have been.

Although my wife is originally from the Bronx and I lived in the suburbs I would not stay over in the Bronx.

Rather we stay in Manhattan and take the subway to and from the stadium. Very easy to use the subway.

Keith

Our son is a student at Fordham University in the Bronx- when we need to stay overnight for things we choose The Residence Inn New York The Bronx at Metro Center Atrium. It is not walking distance to the Stadium but it is nice. Also agree with the suggestion to check out Arthur Ave and all the amazing italian restaurants- we love Zero Otto Nove and Dominick’s. It is the real Little Italy of NYC. [emoji634]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am a big New York Yankees fan. Always have been.

Although my wife is originally from the Bronx and I lived in the suburbs I would not stay over in the Bronx.

Rather we stay in Manhattan and take the subway to and from the stadium. Very easy to use the subway.

Keith

I AM NOT a city girl...how can I figure out what hotels are near a direct train to the stadium? Reading all of these comments I guess we will stay in Manhattan and take the train in. That will allow us to explore the city a bit on Sunday before the game and Monday before we fly home!

We always stay at the Travel Inn on W. 42nd Street. Easy drive to the hotel and hotel has a garage, and they let you leave your car there the day you check out until 5pm (later with a fee.) It is 2 blocks from Port Authority so we walk there and take the subway to the game. It is very close to the Manhattan pier as well.

I AM NOT a city girl...how can I figure out what hotels are near a direct train to the stadium? Reading all of these comments I guess we will stay in Manhattan and take the train in. That will allow us to explore the city a bit on Sunday before the game and Monday before we fly home!

Basically any of the hotels you stay at in Manhattan would be an easy ride in, either through the subway or taking Metro North commuter rail from Grand Central.

Hotels on the East Side between the 30's and 80's are usually a good bet, as well as Times Square if you want to experience a really touristy area.

Go to Trip Advisor to help narrow your choices.

For the times that we stay in Manhattan, we've booked the Grand Hyatt. It is located next to Grand Central where Metro North is and where the 4 subway line is that also goes to Yankee Stadium.

We parked our car in a Train sub station outside the city and in NJ. It was a reasonable price and safe. About a 40 minute ride. We rode into Penn Station. Cab to hotel. We stayed in Hilton Midtown. Subway nearby to Yankee Stadium.

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

Go to the MTA web page http://www.mta.info/

Along with the maps, there's an advanced trip planner http://tripplanner.mta.info/MyTrip/ui_web/customplanner/tripplanner.aspx

For instance, a hotel on Lexington Avenue is a short walk to Grand Central, which is a direct shot up Lexington Avenue into the Bronx on the 4 Train. Hotels near Herald Square would allow you to go from 34th Street Herald Square to 161st Street/Yankee Stadium direct on the D train.

If you are staying in Manhattan be prepared to pay at least $50 a night to park your vehicle. If you definitely want to do this then folks can give you suggestions close to the subway line that goes to Yankee Stadium.

I don't see where the OP mentioned having a vehicle. If OP did my apologies.

I would stay in Manhattan and I would look at the link to the subway system that has been provided.

The key is you plan to arrive to the park about ninety minutes before the game. You will see a lot of Yankees Fans on the subway.

When the game ends just walk with everyone back to the subway.

Yes, you will be able to enjoy time before the game and then the next day in Manhattan.

Go Yankees.

Keith

If you are staying in Manhattan be prepared to pay at least $50 a night to park your vehicle. If you definitely want to do this then folks can give you suggestions close to the subway line that goes to Yankee Stadium.

That’s why I mentioned parking outside the city at a convenient train station. Parking there was about the same as cruise parking in Florida.

That’s why I mentioned parking outside the city at a convenient train station. Parking there was about the same as cruise parking in Florida.

If you read back through the thread, the OP talks about their flight. I don't think parking is relevant...

Post #1 OP asks “parking on site?” I take that she has a car.

You're right. Later she said flight, so I didn't go back to the original post. "Hopefully" she's not planning on going into Manhattan with a rental car...

The OP has questions on two threads going and as a result is getting scattered answers. Apparently driving from Maine is one option and flying is another. The OP needs to put his or her cards on the table to describe the considerations for the trip including exact dates, number of people, hotel/parking budget, and sightseeing requirements in order to get reasoned responses from all contributors. Folks answering one-off questions is not going to help the OP develop a big picture strategy and solution.

I would stay in Manhattan and I would look at the link to the subway system that has been provided.

The key is you plan to arrive to the park about ninety minutes before the game. You will see a lot of Yankees Fans on the subway.

Yes, you will be able to enjoy time before the game and then the next day in Manhattan.

Go Yankees

Keith

Great! Thanks! I think just for convenience and to save parking fees we are flying in the morning of the cruise (arriving by 6:45...is that safe? I figure leaving on a first flight there is less chance of delay) planning to stay Sunday/Monday to enjoy the game and the city. Found what appears to be a great deal on the Park Lane Hotel by Central Park, the Paramount or the NYMA all under $200.

What are the MUST DO’s in the city...with a day and a half I want to hit as much as possible!

Go Yankees

Keith

Great thanks! We are considering the most convenient and economical way to make the most of our family trip! Considering both driving and flying...sorry for confusion.

Glad you are thinking of staying in Manhattan - hopefully without a car to worry about/pay to park -- and especially not thinking about finding a motel near the stadium - I cannot think of any hotel/motel in the Bronx I would recommend.

It’s fine to drive into NYC, the tricky part is driving in the city. Don’t forget to include the tolls along the way if you decide. We drove from Dover, Maine to NYC and the tolls were something like $22.00 one way and about 18.00 going back to Maine. Once we arrived in NYC we parked the car several blocking from an apartment we rented. I checked the internet in advance and found a good deal on a parking garage. We paid $45.00 for four days. We seen other garage parking spots charging over $100.00.

We used the underground subway (train) to get anywhere we wanted to go. We stayed near Central Park and took the train to the bronx and got off on the stop for Yankee Stadium. It was about a 10 minute train ride. I would say from leaving the apt to getting to Yankee Stadium was 30 minutes total time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums