Cruise 19 Days Out--Still No Assigned Cabin

PatriciaF

I encouraged my daughter and son-in-law to book the lowest priced cabin they found acceptable and book a guarantee in that category. They are sailing 2/14/18 and still no assigned cabin. I think that may mean a nice upgrade--but is that wishful thinking?

Anxious MOM

You will either get exactly what you booked or an upgrade. An upgrade could well be the cabin next door as the categories change based on cabin number range. You could have an upgrade that's the same type of cabin or one that is a higher class. I've been upgraded from one balcony to another (we were very happy with the new location) and we were also once upgraded from an inside forward cabin on Lido deck to a Handicapped Accessible balcony on Caribe deck which was about 1.5 times as big as a normal cabin and not only had the larger Caribe deck balcony but it was 1.5 times as wide. It was an amazing upgrade and I have no idea why we got it.

Always book a cabin you will be happy with and then if you are upgraded it's a good extra. If you are not upgraded you still have the cabin you booked. You will almost certainly have a cabin assignment before you get to the dock but it may not show up in your personalizer until the very last thing before you leave. Never fear though, you will have a cabin. If you didn't see it online before you left they will know what cabin it is at check in.

We're 20 days out with no cabin assignment either. For me, it's a bit exciting, checking every day and a bit uncomfortable, not knowing where we'll be. All I know is that we've paid the price of admission, will have a room and I'll be happy.

We booked a Veranda GTY afew years ago and a few days out was assigned a handicapped

balcony mini suite.. Was a great room with hugh shower and tons of room, felt guilty having a handicap , but I guess they had no need for it.

I encouraged my daughter and son-in-law to book the lowest priced cabin they found acceptable and book a guarantee in that category. They are sailing 2/14/18 and still no assigned cabin. I think that may mean a nice upgrade--but is that wishful thinking?

Anxious MOM

We are also boarding the Emerald Princess on 2-14 without our cabin assigned as of yet. I know it is tense not knowing. Past cruises we have had very good cabins given to us. On a 14 day Russian adventure we ended up with the owner's suite paying the price of a basic balcony. Another time we were upgraded to a mini suite very much forward, yet original cabin was a basic balcony. All will work out.

We are also boarding the Emerald Princess on 2-14 without our cabin assigned as of yet. I know it is tense not knowing. Past cruises we have had very good cabins given to us. On a 14 day Russian adventure we ended up with the owner's suite paying the price of a basic balcony. Another time we were upgraded to a mini suite very much forward, yet original cabin was a basic balcony. All will work out.

Ahhhhhhhh..... Now that is our dream. :hearteyes:

A 150% for solo inside cabins on a 3 day cruise was offered as guarantees a few years ago. It was my DH's birthday and I suggested we book one for each of us.......I was hoping for cabins on different decks so we could have secret rendezvous....etc...etc...a week b4 the cruise we got our assignment...cabins next door to each other....;p

We had a GTY IE since September for our current cruise on Island (Segment 1 of the 60-night S.A. trip). We did not receive an assignment until the evening of second last day before the cruise (typical I think). This was even though the trip was sold out at various times. We received an IA cabin on Caribe deck, so fine. But, it was also one of several they were still trying to sell right up to that day.

We usually book guarantees since we wait until after the final payment date. The latest we've received our assignment has been after leaving home and starting the land portion of our cruise tour. We found out just in time in Fairbanks to send one large piece of luggage to the ship instead of having it go from lodge to lodge.