Speciality dining

CruiseCrew123

First time with celebrity on Equinox next month and looking forward to it after many MSC cruises and last year Azamara

If you had to choose one speciality restaurant which would it be .

The food on Azamara was wonderful last year that I hope I don’t be disappointed with the MDR on celebrity - MSC dining was ok

Thanks in advance

It looks lovely - question is do I go for the 3 night speciality or just really enjoy murano and have the wine pairing (which I assuming the premium package doesn’t cover )

Decisions decisions

The wine pairing isn’t covered by the premium package but just order without and ask your waiter to provide you with suitable wines within the premium package!

We find ordering off the main menu preferable to the taster menu...Choose items involving a little drama like the Dover sole, the lobster or the ‘ballon rouge’ desert....That tableside presentation definitely makes the food taste better!

It looks lovely - question is do I go for the 3 night speciality or just really enjoy murano and have the wine pairing (which I assuming the premium package doesn’t cover )

Decisions decisions

Even though your cruise is only 7 nights, if you decide to purchase the 3 night package, then I would recommend expanding it to 4 nights since the fourth night is only another $16 pp.

We found Murano to be very stuffy and too dark. They will also put heavy cause on all of their foods unless you specially request they be left off.

We found the other Specialties to be less formal but with great food. The one I would leave out is Sushi for dinner. The music, or noise, from the Atrium blasts right into the restaurant and you can’t hold a conversation.

This may be fixed during the dry dock.

All booked for one of our sea days . What a great idea to do our own wine pairings from the premium package . Thanks so much

Make sure you chat with your waiters to make the most of your experiences in the speciality restaurants....Tell them you want different wines with each course ( or you may stagger out if they keep topping up your glass). Also we often give a degree of flexibility, we will say we don’t mind going a couple of $ over the premium package....this opens up more variety of wines to choose from. If you want to stay within the premium package was let them know this and they will happily accommodate.

Remember you can also have port with your cheese course, a speciality coffee and finish with a Cognac or maybe a Baileys or a Cointreau.....All at no extra cost.

I am excited myself remembering how wonderful Murano’s is! Less than 8 weeks to go!

Chemmo if you go can you take some pics and post if you have time. I have booked Murano for our Oct cruise :)

Rod and Deb I am sure you will enjoy! We are planning on dining in Murano’s a few times next cruise as well as Tuscan (traditional first night) and the Lawn Grill (new to us first time on Reflection).....The speciality restaurants come as a perk with our room so we do try to make the most of it!

I am not wonderful with technology so whilst I happily offer information and advice I don’t know how to post pictures...just do a search on you tube and you should see some amazing tableside Flambé of lobster and strawberries.....

I usually do a live review when on board so look out for it....I promise to comment on the food in all the speciality restaurants!

We just booked out first Celebrity cruise on the Equinox. We are celebrating our 50th anniversary so we booked a Royal Suite as a splurge. I was told there is a designated restaurant for suite passengers. Would you advise booking some specialty restaurants, too? Is Murano a steak restaurant? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!

Luminae is the dining room for suite passengers. It is open for breakfast and dinner, and lunch on sea days. The food is very good, we are just a little tired of the same 7 day menus since our last 3 cruises were 7 days.

Murano's is a French restaurant, Tuscan is an Italian steak house, but both have excellent steaks. Equinox also has either Silk Harvest or Qsine, can't remember which, and Sushi on 5. Being in a Royal Suite the specialty dining is free. Yes, I recommend booking at least one specialty, possibly on your anniversary.

Luminae is the dining room for suite passengers. It is open for breakfast and dinner, and lunch on sea days. The food is very good, we are just a little tired of the same 7 day menus since our last 3 cruises were 7 days.

Murano's is a French restaurant, Tuscan is an Italian steak house, but both have excellent steaks. Equinox also has either Silk Harvest or Qsine, can't remember which, and Sushi on 5. Being in a Royal Suite the specialty dining is free. Yes, I recommend booking at least one specialty, possibly on your anniversary.

Thanks for the explanation of the different restaurants and for the great news about eating for free in them, too! Woohoo!!:D

DebbieCruises, congratulations on your 50th! That’s wonderful:)

We’ve celebrated two anniversaries in Murano. We think Murano has the most romantic atmosphere and the best food amongst the specialty restaurants. We haven’t tried the meal with wine pairing, though we do our own pairing with our premium beverage packages. Happy Anniversary and Cheers!:champagne-toast:

DebbieCruises, congratulations on your 50th! That’s wonderful:)

We’ve celebrated two anniversaries in Murano. We think Murano has the most romantic atmosphere and the best food amongst the specialty restaurants. We haven’t tried the meal with wine pairing, though we do our own pairing with our premium beverage packages. Happy Anniversary and Cheers!:champagne-toast:

How sweet of you! Thank you! It's amazing that the years have flown by so quickly! I am a very lucky lady!

We enjoy Luminae but do enjoy Murano as well. Typically, we'll do 4 Luminae meals to one Murano. The steak house.... well... we've tried it on most of our Celebrity cruises but have found it rather hit and miss.

Sorry, I can't comment on the MDR because we don't use it.

Have fun!

Everyone has different tastes, and experiences. We greatly prefer Tuscan Grille over Murano. Last cruise on Equinox in Murano the service was very uncoordinated, the area we were sat in was not very comfortable, and we were less than thrilled with some of the selections. I will say that the chateaubriand was very good, and the chocolate soufflé dessert was to die for. We also enjoy Qsine and Silk Harvest, but Tuscan is our #1 for sure.

Murano is the best speciality restaurant we have ever booked on any cruise line, not a fan of the others on celebrity ships. We therefore won’t book the package again but wait till boarding and book Murano at the discount price usually offered as you enter the ship. On an 11 night cruise we will dine there four times, it’s that good.