Elite Plus

bunnybee

Well, I enjoy Celebrity and will be 9 points away from Elite +. No caramel macchiato for me at the next level is sad, but I can go without or pay...Love the free bev package, but not on my TA, even in an SS1...but, I get to cruise, so I am a happy cruiser or I would not return...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think 1500 should be the level for elite plus plus. More perks should include a basic alcohol package, more internet and discounts on other items like specialty dining, spa services, etc.

Why would they possibly want to give you more? The ships are sailing full and they are recording record profits, what's the incentive? They don't care about you, just your money. If I was a shareholder I'd be screaming for them to raise prices and make more cutbacks while they have the upper hand. I think 10% across the board would be appropriate. It fuel keeps rising things might change.

As far as raising the Elite Plus to 1500, it makes no difference to me. I would guess they would grandfather all the people qualified now. If not, that might become a big can of worms.

As far as raising the Elite Plus to 1500, it makes no difference to me. I would guess they would grandfather all the people qualified now. If not, that might become a big can of worms.

Cruise a holic's suggestion was that a new level (Elite plus plus) be created at 1500 points. Not raising the points for the existing Elite Plus level.

Mike

You get that as Zenith, but I wouldn’t expect it as Elite Plus. There are many cruisers who are Elite Plus and aside from Celebrity making a hole in their revenue it would make it much more difficult for paying guests to book the time they want.

Phil

Phil:

You get the dinner only if you are the "Top Cruiser". They've appeared to discontinue a dinner with a Senior Officer and replaced it with most cruises with a lunch in Blu with all Zeniths invited to dine with officers. Zenith beverage packages and Internet have also been diluted by giving them as "perks" and embedding the cost in the price of the cruise. They have been gradually cutting back on the Loyalty program and those who want additional benefits just don't appear to understand the shift in priorities.

Phil:

You get the dinner only if you are the "Top Cruiser". They've appeared to discontinue a dinner with a Senior Officer and replaced it with most cruises with a lunch in Blu with all Zeniths invited to dine with officers. Zenith beverage packages and Internet have also been diluted by giving them as "perks" and embedding the cost in the price of the cruise. They have been gradually cutting back on the Loyalty program and those who want additional benefits just don't appear to understand the shift in priorities.

Very interesting statement. Thanks

I’m just thankful that we get the perks.

Amen to that! I am only ELITE at the moment and very thankful for what we receive. I will be thrilled for the extras of “ + “ when it comes.

DH & I have looked at other cruise lines and quickly realized that starting at base camp again does not appeal to us.

Thankful and most appreciative, Heather :halo:

I'm not sure what Celebrity can add to Elite Plus that would be financially feasible/responsible on their part, to satisfy cruisers who already have drink and wifi perks.

For myself, the Elite Plus benefits are great. I use the one category upgrade, the wifi, and the laundry/dry cleaning/pressing. I hardly drink, so a glass of wine with my coupon during Elite happy hour works well for me. DH is a very moderate drinker, and pays for maybe a high-end scotch and/or a glass or 2 of good wine at dinner. Best of all is the perk of complimentary tea and espresso based beverages at Al Bacio. Especially given our Canadian exchange rate, a coffee plus 18% works out to almost $8. We always keep USD singles on hand and tip for every beverage in Al Bacio.

I am very appreciative to Celebrity for our Elite Plus perks. I do agree, however, that it would be nice if there were a level between Elite Plus and Zenith. We won't ever make it to Zenith. May not even get to a mid-level, but it will be fun trying!

We are Zen with 1500 points. I think a great benefit at this level would be using our Stock holders OBC on all cruises. I have not been able to use this benefit for years as we always have the drink pkg. and they will not let you stack the OBC. Princess with let you stack many OBC. ( stock holders, sr. res, military , ect. )

Phil:

We try to avoid eating with the staff.

Phil:

Not true, on our Bermuda cruise in May we were invited to dine with the Hotel Director in the Tuscan Wine room in the evening. We were not top cruiser but we are Elite Plus, it was a very enjoyable evening.

We do also except when they are paying for my nice juicy steak and free-pouring wine. :rolleyes:

Good one Wine-O....You’d be surprised who I’ll eat with if i get free wine! Oh I forgot, we cruised together and you know me.

And for anyone who wants to ‘avoid’ dining with the staff, you don’t have to worry, you are usually invited. And if that bothers you, I suggest you not look around in the Oceanview buffets since there are ‘staff’ eating there especially off hours.

Den

And for anyone who wants to ‘avoid’ dining with the staff, you don’t have to worry, you are usually invited. And if that bothers you, I suggest you not look around in the Oceanview buffets since there are ‘staff’ eating there especially off hours. Den

Great post!

Not true, on our Bermuda cruise in May we were invited to dine with the Hotel Director in the Tuscan Wine room in the evening. We were not top cruiser but we are Elite Plus, it was a very enjoyable evening.

That was the practice until very recently, but it is ending on most ships. I was the 2nd top cruiser on my last cruise ant no dinners. No dinner as well on the prior cruise. Top Suite passengers are still getting the dinner, but there may be changes coming.

• 7 months later...