First time elite

klenklen

I understand there's a one time gratis ten liquor/ten soft drinks set up that can be swapped for two coffee cards. But can the liquor portion be swapped for ten Amaretto's? Can the soft drinks that I assume include club soda or tonic water be swapped for diet cokes?

The answer to your first question is, “No.”

Liquor miniatures can be swapped 1:1 for any of the other available miniatures. Soft drinks and bottled water can be swapped 1:1 for any of the items, whether soda, water or liquor.

The available liquors in the free set-up is pretty limited: Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky

I believe Pam is incorrect - soft drinks and water can be swapped for similar but not for liquor.

There is also an option to switch everything for 1 bottle of wine. To make the switch call room service. You can call anytime but best not to call around a mealtime when they are busy taking orders. I've had trouble getting an answer just after boarding but other times OK. Just let them know you want to make changes to your elite minibar set-up and then what you are switching such as 2 water and 2 Tonic for 4 Coke. You don't have to be in the cabin when they come -just leave the items in a visible location.

We always swap out all our Coke type drinks/beer for Diet Cokes. Never had a problem doining this.

We keep our two Sky and which the others for more Sky. We have the PBP but like to take the mini-bottles home with us.

Once again, to get two coffee cards EVERYTHING in the Elitie mini-bar must be exchanged to get them.

Yes, you can swap anything for Diet Coke. For the liquors, you're limited to what comes with the minibar: vodka, whiskey, gin, and cognac. For the soft drinks, you can get anything room service has available in a can. DH likes to get ginger ale.

Total minibar setup will initially consist of two cans each Coke, tonic water, and Sprite; two half-liter bottles of water; two bottles of Perrier; two bottles of beer; and two mini bottles of the each of the liquors listed above--20 items total.

You can also swap the bottles of beer for liquor or the liquor for beer. Alcohol can be swapped for alcohol or non-alcohol. Non-alcohol can only be swapped for non-alcohol.

I have many, many small bottles of cognac at home. On my last cruise (with my brother instead of DW and with PBP), he took 20 bottles of scotch (suite and elite mini-bars) home to his wife.

I understand there's a one time gratis ten liquor/ten soft drinks set up that can be swapped for two coffee cards. But can the liquor portion be swapped for ten Amaretto's? Can the soft drinks that I assume include club soda or tonic water be swapped for diet cokes?

The 10 mini liquors gratis have been reduced to 8.

From Princess:

Elite Mini-Bar FAQ

Elite Mini-Bar Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question: What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-bar stocked?

Answer: Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine. You can choose one of the following:

Chardonnay Kendall-Jackson

Sauvignon Blanc Nobilo

Cabernet Sauvignon Kendall-Jackson

Pinot Noir Robert Mondavi.

Unwooded Chardonnay, Kendall Jackson (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Wyndhams, Bin 444 Cabernet Sauvignon (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Brown Brothers, Shiraz (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles of liquor?

Answer: No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question: Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?

Answer: No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis

Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

From Cruise Critic Postings

The Mini Bar setup consists of two of each of the following:

Courvoisier VS

Beefeater Gin

Skyy Vodka

Dewar's Scotch Whisky

Dos Equis Beer

Coke

Sprite

Tonic Water

Perrier

Bottled Water

Any alcohol can be traded for any other alcohol or non-alcoholic beverage...

Lets talk about the important stuff: FREE LAUNDRY! TIP: I send everything except socks and underwear to be cleaned not laundered. Socks and underwear get laundered. Jeans are never to be laundered on a Princess ship they can be cleaned.

framer

Lets talk about the important stuff: FREE LAUNDRY! TIP: I send everything except socks and underwear to be cleaned not laundered. Socks and underwear get laundered. Jeans are never to be laundered on a Princess ship they can be cleaned.

framer

Good idea! I was reading about the horrible things that happened in the laundry and getting depressed as this was to be my first cruise with "free laundry." I'd planned on packing for about half of the cruise and sending stuff out till I read the awful posts. Then I was thinking that I'd have to continue my habit of doing self serve laundry. Sending for "cleaning" sounds so much better. I just can't risk my stuff coming back shrunk from their hot water only washes.

What is the difference between laundering and cleaning? I know there is no real dry cleaning.

I don't know. I do understand that for laundering they use super hot water. This makes total sense when laundering clothing belonging to multiple persons in huge machines as it will kill micro-organisms, etc. but it is totally awful for the clothes. Again, works well for the items owned by the cruise line--towels, sheets, etc. that won't be damaged by this treatment. But I don't want to risk my pants coming back a couple inches shorter!