Scottrade CCL stockholder heads up

LeeW

On Monday Scottrade completed their switch to TD Ameritrade. If you want to have your CCL dividends reinvested you now will need to enroll on the TD Ameritrade website. Note that unlike Scottrade, the new company will reinvest in fractional .001 share dividends. Old company just bought full shares so mine never got reinvested.

I just pull mine out from time to time. Ameritrade - unlike Scottrade - seems as if it will allow me to do that electronically and transfer from them to my checking account. I did the setup and see they have made two tiny deposits to check the account ownership but it hasn't fully finished the setup yet so I still can't transfer the money.

It's for active or retired military personnel.

Insurance, an online bank, stock broker, other $$ things.

Just Google USAA, if you qualify & check it out.

I have several accounts through USAA, one of which is a Roth. Can I request CCL stock through that?

I have always called Scottrade's local office, and requested the dividend's be mailed to me. It used to be the Quincy MA office, now with the change, its Providence RI. The $180/year works for me.

Darcy

I always had to call the "local" office to have a check mailed as well. I just now electronically transferred the "extra" cash from Ameritrade to my checking account. Much easier.

I have several accounts through USAA, one of which is a Roth. Can I request CCL stock through that?

Yes, if your account with them includes the ability to have any stock in the account. Not, for example, an account that only can have cash such as a Roth savings account or a CD.

CCL Stock's is on sale Monday price has drop about $5 off it high. Don't wait it will go back up.

framer

Actually it has been on "sale" since January 27 (about $7 off its most recent high). But don't buy a stock by trying to time the market. That is always a bad idea.

So what exactly does having stock in Ccl get you in terms of cruise perks?

OBC from CCL Stock

Sailings of 6 days or less $50

Sailings of 7 - 13 days $100

Sailings of 14 days or longer $250

In addition to the OBC the dividends are crazy good. It was at $0.25 per share when I bought it and it has gone up and up. I know it was $.0.40 per share a while back. That's $40 per quarter or $160 per year for the 100 shares required to get the OBC. It "may" have gone up again but I can't remember and am too lazy to go login and look.

Edited by Thrak

In 2010 we bought 130 shares. I wish we had bought more, but I kept waiting for the price to go down more. It didn't. It is now worth double what we paid. Plus for our less than $4300 investment, we have accrued almost $1100 in dividends and another $1100 in onboard credit. And we don't even cruise once/year.

The onboard credit works for

• Carnival Cruise Lines
  • Princess Cruises
  • Holland America
  • Costa
  • Windstar
  • Seabourn
  • Cunard Line

In 2010 we bought 130 shares. I wish we had bought more, but I kept waiting for the price to go down more. It didn't. It is now worth double what we paid. Plus for our less than $4300 investment, we have accrued almost $1100 in dividends and another $1100 in onboard credit. And we don't even cruise once/year.

The onboard credit works for

• Carnival Cruise Lines
  • Princess Cruises
  • Holland America
  • Costa
  • Windstar
  • Seabourn
  • Cunard Line

Windstar? If so, I've missed out getting some OBC on Windstar cruises from my CCL stock, and I've got Windstar cruise next month. Is this true for Windstar??

Windstar? If so, I've missed out getting some OBC on Windstar cruises from my CCL stock, and I've got Windstar cruise next month. Is this true for Windstar??

Nope.

Good for:

Carnival

Cunard

Holland America

Princess

Seabourn

Aida

Costa

P&O

P&O Australia

Owning 100 shares of CCL (currently trading at just under $65.00 (4 Mar 18)) gets you $50 of OBC for any cruise of 6 days or less, $100 of OBC for any cruise of 7 to 13 days, and $250 of OBC for any cruise of 14 days or longer. The OBC is non-refundable so it's use it or lose it. If a pair of owners (say, husband and wife) are in 1 cabin, only one OBC is issued to the couple. If each on are in separate cabins, both will receive it. At least my wife and I did the one time that applied to us. Of course you also get dividends 4 times a year (in 2017 that was $.35/share each quarter or a bit over $160 last year for my wife and I) which you can either be paid or use to purchase more shares (which will not change the OBC you get.) The OBC, of course, you can consider as tax-free income in a manner of speaking. Back in Sept. of 2015 the stock was trading at $48.70 and it's been going up since then.

Oh, the stock OBC is available on any of the subsidiary CCL cruise lines also so you should be able to find the paperwork on H-A, Carnival, etc. also.

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers